Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

Tell your friends and family. Retweet it every chance you get. The dark Brandon thing is cool and fun, it totally takes away the GOP’s thunder with their let’s go Brandon crap. It has been repurposed to troll the GOP. Keep these fascists on the defensive and on their heels as much as possible.

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, elfenix said:

Thanks. This also suggests that all loans had an administrative hold placed on payments back in 2020.  My FFELP loans certainly did not. Perhaps cause they were consolidated and farmed out to a servicer.  I am sure it will be an interesting discussion when I call HESC and ask them to refund me $1k and point them to the website.

On 8/24/2022 at 9:56 PM, Eastwood said:

Speaking of the Texas Tomorrow Fund, they had to cancel that program because the cost of tuition exploded well outside of their model they used to create the program. For those unfamiliar, the Texas Tomorrow Fund was a program in which you paid the cost of 4 years of college that calendar year for a child and that child will have their tuition for a state college paid by the state when they finally go to college. My grandparents paid the cost of 4 years of college when I was 12. It was $10,000 in 1997. By the time of my last semester in 2010, the state had to shell out $5,200 in tuition alone. The cost of tuition became so out of control that the TTF became a huge money loser for the state and the scrapped it.

Yep. My two older kids were born in 96 and 98. TTF was one of the best and luckiest gambles that paid off for me.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Thanks. This also suggests that all loans had an administrative hold placed on payments back in 2020.  My FFELP loans certainly did not. Perhaps cause they were consolidated and farmed out to a servicer.  I am sure it will be an interesting discussion when I call HESC and ask them to refund me $1k and point them to the website.

Well yeah if you refinance and the debt is no longer served by the federal government.... It's no longer federal debt lol. That's odd though, because my federal DIRECT and Stafford loans were definitely on zero interest, but they were also serviced through myfedloan

6 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Well yeah if you refinance and the debt is no longer served by the federal government.... It's no longer federal debt lol. That's odd though, because my federal DIRECT and Stafford loans were definitely on zero interest, but they were also serviced through myfedloan

Lots of conflicting information out right now, but I am reading information that suggests as you do that commercially held consolidated FFELP loans may not qualify for forgiveness.  Or at least the Department of Education has not been clear on it. That's fucking hilarious.   

8 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Lots of conflicting information out right now, but I am reading information that suggests as you do that commercially held consolidated FFELP loans may not qualify for forgiveness.  Or at least the Department of Education has not been clear on it. That's fucking hilarious.   

FFELP are this weird hybrid type of loan that have been treated differently than Direct loans throughout they pandemic relief stuff (and before all the way back to PSLF first started).  If the government held the loans then they were treated the same as a Direct loan, but if a private company held the loan then they were not.  

My wife took advantage of the 1 year PSLF waiver to have her loans ($180k) completely forgiven (Thanks Biden!).  To do so she had to consolidate her FFELP loan into a Direct loan.  She did not receive reimbursement for the any payments beyond the 120 required as her loan was a FFELP when she made those payments.  Had she been in a Direct she would have been reimbursed.  

Edited by Jatrain
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 8/25/2022 at 7:24 PM, Anastasis said:

Conflating PPP with student loans is stupid, but there is no doubt that the messaging will work politically. 

the gop implies women’s rights = women lining up to get abortions at 8.5 months, but sure, conflating loan forgiveness with (checks notes) partial loan forgiveness is…stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

it's not that hard to find multiple video examples of him acting exactly like this over the years.  i'm sure he's done plenty without tape rolling.  there was a security cam video that went viral where he's interacting with a homeless person or something.  it's just who he is.

you would need a soundstage and a production crew to find a video of trump (or anyone in his orbit) doing anything remotely resembling this.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Seems like things are going too well right now. Are we due for an oil price spike or one of those huge immigrant caravans that rile everyone up?  Seems like Trump always found some caravan to scare people with before Election Day.

Those were and are always fake. They did nothing to help Trump in 2018 when they tried. 

Seems like things are going too well right now. Are we due for an oil price spike or one of those huge immigrant caravans that rile everyone up?  Seems like Trump always found some caravan to scare people with before Election Day.

My in laws are scared to death of the borders falling a part and the fentanyl coming to get them. . All of the same bullshit fear mongering is already on repeat.

My in laws are scared to death of the borders falling a part and the fentanyl coming to get them. . All of the same bullshit fear mongering is already on repeat.
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Those were and are always fake. They did nothing to help Trump in 2018 when they tried. 

I’d argue that kavanaugh, caravan, and 100’s of last minute trump rallies are the reason we no longer have a senator Donnelly, Nelson, or mccaskill. Heitkamp was cooked no matter what.

1 minute ago, Voldemort86 said:

I’d argue that kavanaugh, caravan, and 100’s of last minute trump rallies are the reason we no longer have a senator Donnelly, Nelson, or mccaskill. Heitkamp was cooked no matter what.

You’re wrong. It was Kavanaugh and then defending Dems in extremely red seats. We almost lost Manchin too and he voted for Kav. 

Don’t fall for Fox News BS about caravans.  Those 3 were in extremely lucky seats and we were lucky we didn’t lose them in 2012

17 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

My in laws are scared to death of the borders falling a part and the fentanyl coming to get them. emoji849.png. All of the same bullshit fear mongering is already on repeat.
My in laws are scared to death of the borders falling a part and the fentanyl coming to get them. emoji849.png. All of the same bullshit fear mongering is already on repeat.

Let me guess, they aren't scared of a highly transmissible virus that killed over a million people

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Voldemort86 said:

there's always money in the banana stand another caravan.

4 hours ago, Goofyboy said:

i see what you did there bill hader GIF

• Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon