Where did you eat lunch today?

deadshank

Pico’s on Kirby is pretty solid. They had a carne asada and tamale lunch special for $13 before Covid. 

If you must appease female coworkers, I’d suggest Hungry’s in Rice Village. It has the mimosa brunch ambiance and really good food at reasonable prices. 

Brennan’s in Midtown if you’re working a half day. 

I ran home to let the dogs out and grab a bite to eat. 

Today was my Monday, and it's the first thing i saw in the pantry.  Gross as hell, but indulgent too.

hormel-tamales.jpgand 2ec38718-501f-4271-916f-019cf10d255d.8b5

with freshly chopped onion.

8 minutes ago, slorch said:

It’s not any more.

I admitted it was gross.  So is anAllsups burrito or JITB taco.  I still eat em.

I have to admit I have a morbid curiosity to try those fucking things now.

Of course, I still have real tamales in my freezer so Hormel is gonna have to wait a while.

I ran home to let the dogs out and grab a bite to eat. 
Today was my Monday, and it's the first thing i saw in the pantry.  Gross as hell, but indulgent too.
hormel-tamales.jpgand 2ec38718-501f-4271-916f-019cf10d255d.8b537ff88781b9c30ff29600eeddcacb.jpeg?odnHeight=612&odnWidth=612&odnBg=FFFFFF
with freshly chopped onion.

I’m not judgmental. I occasionally have a can of that cheese weirdness and a can of bean dip, with Fritos scoops, and it takes me back to after school in 4th grade, watching Dark shadows and Three Stooges, and drinking a NuGrape or a Nehi orange belly washer.

Lunch today was a couple of pork and veg egg rolls of the roller at QuikTrip, honey mustard, a payday, and a Tahitian treat soda which is very hard to find. Ate while my truck was being cleaned at the car wash next door.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

God damn. I had a client drop ship some of that crack half away across the country to me. It was amazing. Can’t even imagine how good it is fresh.

It was really tasty. I took it to go as inside the restaurant there was a disheveled vagrant (hobo class tier 3) having a heated argument with himself. It was entertaining ambient noise. 

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

You dick.

When I worked close to a Tillo's I almost always got the cheeseburger with onion rings, and threw a few of the rings on the burger. Their burger is underrated. 

Chargrilled burger is definitely underrated. Actually prefer that to the Italian Beef sandwich which is a bit to messy. Burger, one jumbo dog, and crinkle cut fries is the go to at Portillo's 

In the other room. I guess technically that was breakfast, so the next one will be lunch. I'll eat that on the deck if the sun keeps shining.

Shredded chicken with peppers. There were beans and rice and tortillas to go with it, but I have destroyed it all except for the chicken. So I reckon I'll stand out there and eat chicken while the little dog looks at me like she's trying to make me burst into flame.