Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

16 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Let's consider this for a moment, shall we? 

So, how about Uncle Joe calls Duda immediately, and says send over 18 of your fully-operational, fully-armed MIGS to Ukraine tomorrow, and tomorrow, I will have a squadron of American front-line fighters (and crews) sent to Poland and they will remain there until your MIGS are replaced with American planes, and your pilots are trained and operational in those aircraft.  

Joe, as commander-in-chief can make that deal tonight, can he not?  And, Uncle Joe has the street cred to pull off such a deal, unlike TFG. 

And let the shit-talkers in the GOP say "no" to that deal. 

It will be interesting to see how this one plays out.  A good question is whether Poland gets U.S. F-16s and crews in country or if they get U.S. airframes handed over. 

Poland already operates the F-16 and has F-35s on order. They also still have some legacy MiGs that have been made mostly NATO interoperable and that they can service without Russian help

Its one thing to take delivery of airframes and another to use it.  It helps that Poland is already on the Viper  but it would be a tall order to incorporate a dozen more ahead of schedule. 

12 minutes ago, Woland said:

Zyuganov is a clown and not taken seriously in Russia.

U.S. bio labs in Georgia are an old story, Zyuganov is rolling with a piece of disinformation that was already out there. Russia often lets more clownish figures say some of the more outlandish stuff and then it gets laundered and retconned back into more serious Russian channels. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Can someone walk me through how posting on Twitter a screenshot of a zoom call can be used to trace the location of the person on the other end of said zoom call

Hell, the 9.95 crowd once traced Urban Meyer to a particular hotel at Horseshoe Bay based on nothing but the pattern of the window curtains. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

It will be interesting to see how this one plays out.  A good question is whether Poland gets U.S. F-16s and crews in country or if they get U.S. airframes handed over. 

Poland already operates the F-16 and has F-35s on order. They also still have some legacy MiGs that have been made mostly NATO interoperable and that they can service without Russian help

Its one thing to take delivery of airframes and another to use it.  It helps that Poland is already on the Viper  but it would be a tall order to incorporate a dozen more ahead of schedule. 

I suspect it will be a little of both. 

I expect poland to hand over MIGS immediately, and immediately get fighter coverage from another NATO country, possibly the US.  Once the new planes are delivered and operational, I expect the NATO crews and aircraft to return home. 

It's the only way that it makes sense and can happen very quickly.  Nothing I've seen on the Sunday shows makes me think otherwise.

But I'm just an asshole on the internet. 

• Like 1

Remember this gem?

Donald Trump said Sunday that Russian President Vladimir Putin won’t make a military move into Ukraine – even though Putin already has done just that, seizing the country’s Crimean Peninsula.

“He’s not going into Ukraine, OK, just so you understand. He’s not going to go into Ukraine, all right? You can mark it down. You can put it down. You can take it anywhere you want,” Trump said in an interview on Sunday with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos on “This Week.”

https://www.cnn.com/2016/07/31/politics/donald-trump-russia-ukraine-crimea-putin/index.html

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Chopper said:

After 3 days when it became clear that Russia wasn't going on a picnic to Kyiv to capture the city and assassinate Zelensky, that's when we saw the pro-Putin wing of the republican party dramatatically change their spin on things.

There's so much more information that can come out about how deeply Russian money and kompromat has been ingrained in the West. Does the war give some people incentive to spill additional details? Or investigators additional incentive to move forward?

GOP re Putin

https://youtu.be/NOc4UWO3R4I?t=42

1 hour ago, Woland said:

The Patriarch really is a lap dog for the state.

Well, the church didn’t fare so well under communist rule so now that Putin’s fascist state embraces them and uses them to advance his ideology, they’re all for it. That’s nothing new.

5EB23A6F-4D8F-4B75-97DD-C518A46FFDB8.jpeg.a81670b518f9f5ead857174eea0a9178.jpeg

31 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Well, the church didn’t fare so well under communist rule so now that Putin’s fascist state embraces them and uses them to advance his ideology, they’re all for it. That’s nothing new.

5EB23A6F-4D8F-4B75-97DD-C518A46FFDB8.jpeg.a81670b518f9f5ead857174eea0a9178.jpeg

Not new and quite old, going back to Tsarist Russia - Orthodoxy, Autocracy, and Nationality

19 hours ago, Pods said:

Hi GRUHorn. I would have thought you'd be a little busy right now to be on here 24/7, but I guess that's yet more bad Russian planning. Nice attempt to lump this in with neo-cons though. Buzzword bingo. 

I've been in favor of much stronger intervention since Russia invaded Ukraine in 2014 and illegally seized Crimea. It was clear then that Putin wouldn't stop. 

We should have treated it like the existential threat that it was and slapped Putin down then, but normalcy bias is a bitch and people didn't want to see it. People didn't want to see this second invasion either, until it happened. 

A no-fly zone prior to THIS SECOND invasion would have stopped it before it happened. The Russian Air Force just had the worst day of any Air Force in 40 years against Ukraine's rag-tag bunch. Going against NATO is fucking laughable. 

Appeasement never works. Eventually, you either confront a blackmailer, or they'll take everything. The west made the same failure they made with Hitler and it's gotten them the same result. 

What up Pods. Haven’t seen you in a while. Not since our great summer battles over vaccine mandates, passports, natural immunity. Good times. 

Why do people that claim to be smart compare Putin to Hitler? The two situations are not very similar at all. Putin and his military have shown clearly that they don’t have the capability to go much farther. This isn’t the next step to some great conquest. They’ll be fortunate to find something they can claim as a great victory. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

45 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Saw that on CBS News tonight. Pretty graphic display of how Putin and his army are killing women and children. He needs to die. Also, where are his children?

A couple of British tabloids report they and his "mistress" are living in a chalet in Switzerland.

3 hours ago, Zeus said:

Possible FSB leak

1646624889304-pol.jpg

I believe that is a FSB leak and, if so ... wow. Putin is bigtime bigtime fucked.

The part at the end about not knowing if the nuclear arsenal will even work if called upon strikes me as being absolutely true.  I think the Russian nuclear arsenal is suspect.  I didn't know you have to switch plutonium loads every 10 years. I'd bet they haven't done so.  There are some bureaucrats somewhere who write a report that it got done and meanwhile they're trying to sell the plutonium on the black market.  Russia is and has been so corrupt for its entire history. Corruption is a way of doing business there.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, bolverk said:

A couple of British tabloids report they and his "mistress" are living in a chalet in Switzerland.

They should be “detained.”

I wonder if that’s the same mistress that once vacationed with Ivanka.

dengmurdochtrump.png?itok=1-0J7geG
https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/291465-ivanka-trump-vacationing-with-putins-rumored-girlfriend