Shriner's College Classic Weekend Thread

Horny Bull

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

It’s almost like they’ve played a bunch of shithooks. 

sorry @Wulaw Horn

They have. No doubt at all. The teams they are playing aren’t even the quality of a decent sun belt team though. 
Being at the game and watching them take infield they were a fucking circus. There is no way team would concern me at all. Maybe if they got us in their barely oversized little league yard and it became a pop fly HR contest. Maybe. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m talking about for the top of the 9th. Let Nixon get the first out and let someone else get the last 2. Save about 10-12 pitches on his count

It ain’t all about the number of pitches. Pitch an inning then cool down then warm back up. That part is the bigger question than the 5-10 additional pitches to get the final two outs. It’s still early too so conditioning isn’t peak level either.

Point being if you bring him back out, he finishes unless he runs into trouble.

46 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Love the baseball thread, started reading a couple pages back and was like damn are they coming back and tying it up?  (Possible Extra innings comments, people freaking out about walks) Check score it’s still 7-2….   Then not pretty comments on a 7-2 win over a undefeated 17th ranked team lol. 

spacer.png

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

It ain’t all about the number of pitches. Pitch an inning then cool down then warm back up. That part is the bigger question than the 5-10 additional pitches to get the final two outs. It’s still early too so conditioning isn’t peak level either.

Point being if you bring him back out, he finishes unless he runs into trouble.

Good point. Just glad we got the win today and hopefully two more this weekend 🤘

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OB3 said:

Just a difference in opinions. And I’m 21 haven’t played in a couple years though

PM me if you wanna play this spring. Not sure we have may a roster spot or 2 but we’re practicing this Sunday at 10 am. More than welcome to join. And dude. I’m 29. Last year was my first year. I hadn’t played since I was a senior in high school 10 years ago. Knocking the rust off is pretty easy and it’s not exactly the most talented league. It’s fun as shit dude. 

1 hour ago, OB3 said:

I’m talking about for the top of the 9th. Let Nixon get the first out and let someone else get the last 2. Save about 10-12 pitches on his count

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

Oh oh oh. Mea culpa on that then. Yea I think that would have been fine also but I don’t mind just leaving him for the 9th. Luckily it wasn’t many more pitches.

There wasn’t a wrong answer there. Though I obviously wanted Nixon to stay in. He was throwing strikes and Tennessee has a good patient lineup with some pop. I’d rather keep Nixon in and let him finish it unless he can’t find the zone 

No wrong answer. Yeah I know, 7-2 but a couple walks and rinky dink horse shit in the 8th, all the sudden runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out was pretty uncomfortable there till Nixon came in and got the last 2 outs. in a situation like that I’d keep the dude who’s throwing strikes in for the 9th cause those last 3 outs are never easy 

First game I got to to watch in its entirety this season and I was really impressed with Ardoin. Great blocking skills and already fairly adept at framing.  He’s quite the technician back there.   Lot of Vols fans bitching on Twitter regarding one particular call that Ardoin framed beautifully. 

Edited by Starfleet Command
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

I will be sad beyond measure if our guys take up with hokey celebration shit like that.

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

I imagine there’s enough to pressure in the program to prevent that kinda thing. We seem to do a pretty good job of maintaining the Texas demeanor over the years.

Yeah nothing low rent is going to make its way here. We don’t have beards or shaggy haired looking fuck heads. We don’t dog pile till we win what really matters. When we hit a homer, we chant the players name for an ovation. Gus, Augie and Pierce would never fucking ever have some stupid fucking home run chain or some super weird bull shit like that. Save that garbage for wannabes like Tennessee, tcu and aggy. We’re The University of Texas at Omaha and we know it and act with the class such a title deserves. 

• Hook 'Em 3

35 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

The Vols added a cheetah-print coat to the beloved pink "daddy" hat.

“That is another Evan Russell creation," third baseman Trey Lipscomb said. "He has the cheetah print pimp coat. We like it. Just put it on your shoulders or whatever.”

Lipscomb added “yeah we just like to do dumb shit. These inane, fanciful whimsies help us suppress the endless dread that surrounds and envelopes every second of our worthless lives.”  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Fletch said:

Yeah nothing low rent is going to make its way here. We don’t have beards or shaggy haired looking fuck heads.

Came here to post this and pile on the pimp coat circus. I know it makes me sound like an old, but I absolutely love that our guys are all clean cut and businesslike compared to the Fightin’ Kenny Powerses we seem to play every fucking week.

• Hook 'Em 3

On that dude getting his hands hit I think it was ruled a foul ball, it was strike 3, and Ardoin caught it for the out. The hands are part of the bat.

I think that is what they ruled, but the broadcast was bad and the umps didn't explain so we could hear it. Is that what happened? All they kept saying is that he put his hands toward the ball.

When I was a kid, I had the same thing happen sort of. Got my thumb smashed, and it was called a strike (thought at the time I was hit and should have been awarded 1st base), but had it explained to me that way.

7 hours ago, Starfleet Command said:

First game I got to to watch in its entirety this season and I was really impressed with Ardoin. Great blocking skills and already fairly adept at framing.  He’s quite the technician back there.   Lot of Vols fans bitching on Twitter regarding one particular call that Ardoin framed beautifully. 

Yep, he is fucking legit.  Best since Teagarden, methinks.

14 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

On that dude getting his hands hit I think it was ruled a foul ball, it was strike 3, and Ardoin caught it for the out. The hands are part of the bat.

I think that is what they ruled, but the broadcast was bad and the umps didn't explain so we could hear it. Is that what happened? All they kept saying is that he put his hands toward the ball.

When I was a kid, I had the same thing happen sort of. Got my thumb smashed, and it was called a strike (thought at the time I was hit and should have been awarded 1st base), but had it explained to me that way.

I don't think Ardoin caught it, did he?

2e36fef80ae9329b2b0c0faab12f094d.jpg
Definitely dropped it. My only guess is that the ump called it strike over the plate, but then since it was dropped he would have had to tag him or gone to first which didn’t happen. So who the hell knows, I’d like to see an official ruling on that one.

7 hours ago, Starfleet Command said:

Silas is hands down the most complete and clutch player on this team.   Just about every tine the dude makes a play I think of…

0CD10136-B902-4D1D-B29E-31D65388F07A.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

In the clip of Luke’s K of #40. that bitch had zero reason to whine about that pitch to the Ump.  You sat and watched strike three over the outside of the plate idiot.

Sit down and shut the fuck up.

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

There was an earlier play where it clearly hit the knob and ricocheted straight down, the TN batter was awarded first, but they never reviewed it.  So the hands are not considered part of the bat, at least for these umps. 

42 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I don't think Ardoin caught it, did he?

33 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

He dropped the ball 

21 minutes ago, mrhorn said:

2e36fef80ae9329b2b0c0faab12f094d.jpg
Definitely dropped it. My only guess is that the ump called it strike over the plate, but then since it was dropped he would have had to tag him or gone to first which didn’t happen. So who the hell knows, I’d like to see an official ruling on that one.

Ok, thanks for all this.

1 hour ago, jw4381 said:

Yeah I was wondering wtf happened there. Nice acting job by that little Tennessee bitch. Bring on those piece of shit lsu coonasses o 

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Took a peak at Tigerdroppings and the guy starting for them tonight has a good fast ball, but lots of LSU posters mentioned he doesn't have good command of any off speed pitches.

Good. Take some walks and get into their bullpen by the 5th 

• Hook 'Em 1

My dad just now - I dont know if we should sit on the lsu side tonight. I saw lsu fans in lsu pj’s, coveralls, boxers, missing teeth. And those fuckers brought their entire families. Grandma, grandpa, all the kids. Who’s feeding the pets ?? They’re not right in the head. 

• Haha 1