Ok, we need an Oscar thread after that Will Smith/Chris Rock moment

BrickHorn

38 minutes ago, YChang said:

I’m a bit disappointed that we won’t see Chris Rock running from off stage with a chair and knock out Will Smith. And then someone tag teams Jada Pinket Smith and a royal rumble occurs.

That tag team sounds nsfw tho…

edit: looks like I was beaten to this joke as well…

Edited by achooloco
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

There's a couple of things that make me think it's fake, like Rock not really acting like someone that just got bitch slapped,

14 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Rock is going to have to do something, because his ass is going to be a meme of this 4ever………….

FO6AfKGVQAUwTp4?format=jpg&name=large

I guess when someone David Lindhagen’s your wife, you feel less manly and have to compensate for your shortcomings by getting a bit agro sometimes. 
Maybe if he would have taken Vito’s advice to begin with, he wouldn’t have been in that situation. 

4EA44527-41FD-4C82-B4A1-6F870AE65C9F.jpeg

And why a slap? You’re already up there. Deebo him if you gonna do it. 

Edited by JerrysJheriCurl
  • Hook 'Em 2

Once upon a time, somebody said something really awful about my mom.  I loved my mom a lot.  So I hit him in the face with my backpack.  The difference between me and Will Smith is that I was 6.
You don't get to put your hands on someone because he said something you don't like.  Not even if it's about your wife. Hell, not even if it's the N word.
And the dumbass made sure that millions more people will hear the joke about his wife that he was trying to "protect" her from when he took a free shot at a comic half his size.
Good job, you deranged idiot.

Exactly. And committed assault in front of the whole world

1 minute ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

There have been an infinite number of low blow, insensitive, fucked up jokes at the oscars. Only one nutter charged the stage and then claimed “god” was calling him to be a vessel for love. This isn’t hard.

i mean... seriously!

by that logic Gervais shoulda been murdered lol

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Rock is going to have to do something, because his ass is going to be a meme of this 4ever………….

This is going to turn into gold for Chris Rock. He will be telling jokes about this for years.  Sure, it was initially in bad taste on his part but he is far wittier than Smith is likeable and there is zero chance he lets this be his last words about it.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JerrysJheriCurl said:

I guess when someone David Lindhagen’s your wife, you feel less manly and have to compensate for your shortcomings by getting a bit agro sometimes. 
Maybe if he would have taken Vito’s advice to begin with, he wouldn’t have been in that situation. 

4EA44527-41FD-4C82-B4A1-6F870AE65C9F.jpeg

And why a slap? You’re already up there. Deebo him if you gonna do it. 

Animated GIF

9 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

dying....its 6 feet under.

Not anymore. It will be the most googled thing today by a long shot.  
If they’re smart they bring Chris Rock back next year and millions will tune in just to see what other kind of drama gets stirred up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Saint Tacky said:

The winner of the night was Lady GaGa. The respect and kindness she showed Liza Minnelli was overwhelming. The words she leaned down and whispered just before they tossed it to the nominations - “I got you” - and the innocence of Liza’s reply, should be the story of the night. Not the Will Smith shitshow. Shame. 

she has real and uncommon compassion and empathy for seniors. it makes me really like her.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

The winner of the night was Lady GaGa. The respect and kindness she showed Liza Minnelli was overwhelming. The words she leaned down and whispered just before they tossed it to the nominations - “I got you” - and the innocence of Liza’s reply, should be the story of the night. Not the Will Smith shitshow. Shame. 

What's the story here?

10 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

is Google search broken in the name dropping, fuckhead resort you live?

Yes, I see they sent their kids to school at a facility of theirs.  My question was more about an understanding that they don’t refer to “god” anymore.  I don’t know the story and details behind the Church very well.  
And not sure what name dropping, fuckhead resort means.  But you constantly seem angry at me.  Did I offend you or something?

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yes, I see they sent their kids to school at a facility of theirs.  My question was more about an understanding that they don’t refer to “god” anymore.  I don’t know the story and details behind the Church very well.  
And not sure what name dropping, fuckhead resort means.  But you constantly seem angry at me.  Did I offend you or something?

username and such.

12 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

Over the coda supporting actor?! That was my favorite moment of the night.  I don’t disagree with your assessment but loved that award. Got a clip of Gaga? Would like to compare especially if it’s as good as you say. 

15 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Not anymore. It will be the most googled thing today by a long shot.  
If they’re smart they bring Chris Rock back next year and millions will tune in just to see what other kind of drama gets stirred up. 

dead cat bounce...

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

Anyone who doesn't think that was scripted is an idiot.

Right? I mean who wouldn't agree to a massive publicity stunt where you could be charged with assault, all on the very night you might win the highest achievement of your career?