Ok, we need an Oscar thread after that Will Smith/Chris Rock moment

BrickHorn

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Do you even know what homophobic means? How is what I said “homophobic?”

Big Sean Omg GIF

Yes I know what it means. You said "Jaden is the gay in their family" which seems borderline derogatory. Especially when none of this involves Jaden. I personally think he's a preening douchebag but I'm not going to say he's "the gay of his family" because his dad pulled some wild shit. C'mon man. 

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

image.jpeg.be8f21499e297a8586a3319c27a5e7dd.jpeg

I would have paid good money to watch Norm host an awards show.  We only got glimpses of his excellence via the ESPYs and the White House Correspondence dinner.  

As brazen as Norm was though, I don't know if he makes the G.I. Jane joke in 2022.  Maybe in '97.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yes I know what it means. You said "Jaden is the gay in their family" which seems borderline derogatory. Especially when none of this involves Jaden. I personally think he's a preening douchebag but I'm not going to say he's "the gay of his family" because his dad pulled some wild shit. C'mon man. 

He was pretty proud of Dad last night:

Just now, ztejas said:

I said “Jaden is the gay in their family” because Jaden and Tyler, The Creator have been boyfriends since 2017. 

And you can look that up as it’s not a secret rather something they were pretty open about.

Will Smith Comedy GIF

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Does anyone else think Turkey just googles “famous African American celebrities and entertainers” before he posts here?

Dammit, there's a funny "Celebrity Jeopardy" category in there somewhere I can't think of it.

'turkeychew, you control the board.'

"I'll take 'Famous African Containers' for $800"  

27 minutes ago, ztejas said:

The multiple "Alex Baldwin" comments were making my eye twitch and I would have addressed it if you hadn't beat me to it. 

I guess we weren't clued in on the hilarious Alex Baldwin joke that's been going around. 

intentionally calling people by the wrong name is a sick burn to a subset of people. feels like something you’d see on texags.

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I said “Jaden is the gay in their family” because Jaden and Tyler, The Creator have been boyfriends since 2017. 

And you can look that up as it’s not a secret rather something they were pretty open about.

Will Smith Comedy GIF

Yeah not sure what the fuck you're talking about at this point as that's certainly not an established thing. Just thought that you phrased what you said pretty aggressively. I mean "Jaden's the gay one" sounds better than "Jaden is the gay".

No one says "the gay" it's fucking 2022. 

14 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

I'll tell you who isn't a black community expert, besides myself; the guy who was so sure that not one prominent and influential black entertainer would be for Will Smith that he asked for just ONE example. And I know, Cardi B isn't my cup of tea either, but I bet she's more influential to the youth and active online (bpt) than Tyler Perry. And Shannon Sharpe? hahahaha

Dude stop. This is just dumb

6 hours ago, lemonlime said:

Who's excusing Will Smith?  Other than apparently some comedian I never heard of who someone on this board went out of the way to locate.

Are you serious? They let him stick around after that violent outburst on a presenter. Then they let him accept an award, give an insane speech, and he received an ovation! He should have had to be bailed out of county. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah not sure what the fuck you're talking about at this point as that's certainly not an established thing. Just thought that you phrased what you said pretty aggressively. I mean "Jaden's the gay one" sounds better than "Jaden is the gay".

No one says "the gay" it's fucking 2022. 

“Not an established thing” wtf does that mean.

you seriously need to take a break from this website.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, BigDHornfan said:

Chris Rock’s statement regarding last night’s Academy Awards #Oscars

“As a comedian it can be difficult to understand which lines are to be crossed and which ones aren’t. Last night I crossed a line that I shouldn’t have and paid the enormous price of my reputation as a renown comedian. Comedy is never about poking fun at or making lite of people with major ordeals happening in their lives. Comedy is about using real life circumstances to create laughter and bring light to an otherwise dark world. With that said, I sincerely apologize to my friend’s Jada Pinkett-Smith, Will Smith, and the rest of the Smith family for the disrespect and disregard I displayed which was unfortunately broadcast for the world to see. I hope that, with time, forgiveness can come of this situation and we can all be better, more considerate people in the end.” - Chris Rock

so did you type this up? or what?

Never let a good meltdown go to waste. Good for Chris:

Chris Rock's comedy ticket sales have skyrocketed hours after drama erupted between the comedian-turned-presenter and Will Smith at the 94th Academy Awards.

"We sold more tickets to see Chris Rock overnight than we did in the past month combined," TickPick tweeted on Monday morning, also claiming prices have seen a drastic increase. Tickets went up from a minimum of $46 per person on March 18 to a minimum of $341, reports Variety.

https://radaronline.com/p/chris-rock-ticket-sales-increase-will-smith-slap/

Edited by TurkeyChew

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

“Not an established thing” wtf does that mean.

you seriously need to take a break from this website.

Find me one source that claims Jaden and Tyler have been in a 5-year gay relationship. I mean what the hell are you talking about man...

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think the Academy will suspend Smith a year, and call it a day. Might want to look into suspending Jada too for setting him off.

Jada’s Red Table Talk spin will be interesting. 

But will he have to give back the statue or otherwise vacate the award?

I know that as a young man, I was certainly volunteered for fights by various girls.  For the most part, I obliged.  But there was definitely once that I thought "are you out of your fucking mind?".  And you're exactly right--it is abusive.
We've been subjected to a lot of talk over the past few years about "toxic masculinity."  But at some point, we need to talk about toxic femininity.  Because sitting there and encouraging violence without bearing any of the consequences of that violence is some serious bullshit.

I was going to save that term for later, but it seems to fit here I guess.

In other news, Will Smith has taken a cue from a well known U.S. politician and is phone banking on behalf of Chris Rock to get him elected to the Kennedy Center’s Twain Award.  

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Are you purposely not researching shit?

You drunk?

Have a nice night man. Not going to continue going back and forth when you just deflect every time. I'll be sure to let everyone know that Jaden Smith and Tyler The Creator are partners as I'm guessing it will be news to everyone except you. 

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

Ah yes.  Taking a cue from LBJ plotting to get JFK out in the open right where he wanted him.

And that second shooter?  You guessed it.  Samuel Clements. 

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Who? Jada’’s “friendship” with August Alsina is well known.  It’s also well known that Jada and Tupac weren’t really a thing but extra, extra flirty. Whether or not Pac hit it before, well his death, is anyone’s guess, but it made Will very jealous of their relationship. 

I don’t think Will is gay. Travolta is a well known secret.  Jaden is the gay in their family.  I don’t know that he has certain friends that Jada would have fucked, if you get my drift. 

I say all of this without knowing who you are and what your connections are.  My connections?  I’ve seen every episode of Fresh Prince and sat thru I Am Legend on a date.

Know some people who know some people.

Those people happen to be Scientologists.  And Will, like Travolta, has been mixed up in their bullshit for a minute. 

Ain't no hard evidence here, but it adds up.  Will needs a beard.  Jada (was) a good 'un.  Until she wanted to get some real dick that was into her.  She splits.  Will panics because if you want to be an A-lister who appeals to the majority of Americans you gotta keep up appearances a la Tom Cruise.  So he gets her back but she's putting him through the ringer.  He can't bail because then it all comes out.  So Jada wears the pants in that fucked up family.  And of course, he's being ridiculed for being a cuckold, etc.  Can't sit well with a guy who is used to having everything go his way. 

If you play the tape back, Will is laughing at Rock's joke.  People think he went nuts because he saw Jada looking pissed, but they only think that because the camera cut to her reaction right before he got up.  In reality, you can hear Rock say "Aw, that was a nice one."  Implying he could have been making jokes about Will being a cuck.  THAT'S when Will gets up, acts a fool, and then is trying to hold back tears while yelling once he gets back to his seat.  He panicked.  Wife who owns the keys to his life is pissed and Rock is hinting about some serious shit Will has already taken plenty of heat for.  Time to flip the fuck out.   

Dude is having a mental breakdown because Jada has the goods on him and he's trapped.  Or maybe he just really misses his wife's hair.  Who the fuck knows. 

I haven't watched every episode of Fresh Prince, but I too sat through I Am Legend on a date.  Decent enough flick.  Ending definitely could have been better.  Should have stuck more to the novel where he's actually seen as the bad guy by all the vamps. 

2 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

Those people happen to be Scientologists.  And Will, like Travolta, has been mixed up in their bullshit for a minute. 

Ain't no hard evidence here, but it adds up.  Will needs a beard.  Jada (was) a good 'un.  Until she wanted to get some real dick that was into her.  She splits.  Will panics because if you want to be an A-lister who appeals to the majority of Americans you gotta keep up appearances a la Tom Cruise.  So he gets her back but she's putting him through the ringer.  He can't bail because then it all comes out.  So Jada wears the pants in that fucked up family.  And of course, he's being ridiculed for being a cuckold, etc.  Can't sit well with a guy who is used to having everything go his way. 

If you play the tape back, Will is laughing at Rock's joke.  People think he went nuts because he saw Jada looking pissed, but they only think that because the camera cut to her reaction right before he got up.  In reality, you can hear Rock say "Aw, that was a nice one."  Implying he could have been making jokes about Will being a cuck.  THAT'S when Will gets up, acts a fool, and then is trying to hold back tears while yelling once he gets back to his seat.  He panicked.  Wife who owns the keys to his life is pissed and Rock is hinting about some serious shit Will has already taken plenty of heat for.  Time to flip the fuck out.   

Dude is having a mental breakdown because Jada has the goods on him and he's trapped.  Or maybe he just really misses his wife's hair.  Who the fuck knows. 

I haven't watched every episode of Fresh Prince, but I too sat through I Am Legend on a date.  Decent enough flick.  Ending definitely could have been better.  Should have stuck more to the novel where he's actually seen as the bad guy by all the vamps. 

All of this. Literally every word of it. Except the part about knowing people who know Scientologists, but including the part about fucking up the ending of I am Legend. I mean seriously, the movie makes no fucking sense with that ending. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Are you purposely not researching shit?

You drunk?

16 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Have a nice night man. Not going to continue going back and forth when you just deflect every time. I'll be sure to let everyone know that Jaden Smith and Tyler The Creator are partners as I'm guessing it will be news to everyone except you. 

Only know this song because my 14 year old is obsessed with it. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Only know this song because my 14 year old is obsessed with it. 

Holy shit that’s a terrible song.  There’s so many high pitched sounds going on that it hurts your head to listen to even.  

Edited by Hook1997

3 minutes ago, naija said:

Jaden Smith literally announced years ago that he and Tyler were boyfriends. You can debate whether he/they was/were pulling everyone's chain, but its not like the Pancho is just making it up from thin air.

yeah...30 seconds on the google machine and i learned all about it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ulukinatme said:

I would have paid good money to watch Norm host an awards show.  We only got glimpses of his excellence via the ESPYs and the White House Correspondence dinner.  

As brazen as Norm was though, I don't know if he makes the G.I. Jane joke in 2022.  Maybe in '97.

No, Norm would be much more cunning and delicate with the joke and probably not Target as much. Unless he had a reason to hate them, then he'd go way overboard.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I’m not deflecting. I’m telling you what has been announced dozens of times in the laser 5 years. You, stupidly, are telling me I’m wrong when all you have to do is a quick search. It’s been news for a while. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I’m not deflecting. I’m telling you what has been announced dozens of times in the laser 5 years. You, stupidly, are telling me I’m wrong when all you have to do is a quick search. It’s been news for a while. 

The "news" that y'all are talking about is Jaden Smith saying Tyler is his boyfriend 4 years ago. Jaden is a weird fucking guy and that could have meant anything. Im still waiting for anyone to post anything resembling some confirmation that these two are involved in a relationship past 2018 or 2019 or whenever the fuck it was. 

Although honestly I'm flattered if multiple posters here are engineering some bullshit conspiracy to prove ztejas wrong. 

Oh yeah - "Are We Still Friends" released 2019. Yeah you really got me. 

Edited by ztejas

4 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I don't care if he is or isn't gay. Power to him if he is and is out about it. I don't see him in any of those pictures holding up a sign that says "Tyler The Creator and I have been in a relationship since 2018". 

Pancho is full of shit and deflecting because he used some questionable language commenting about the situation and would rather drag this out than admit that because he personally doesn't like me as a poster. 

Edited by ztejas

1 hour ago, SpiralOut said:

Will Smith was afraid that he'd no longer be an A-list celebrity if Americans thought he was divorced?

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148865wytz4eks9sz0nlng8

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

The "news" that y'all are talking about is Jaden Smith saying Tyler is his boyfriend 4 years ago. Jaden is a weird fucking guy and that could have meant anything. Im still waiting for anyone to post anything resembling some confirmation that these two are involved in a relationship past 2018 or 2019 or whenever the fuck it was. 

Although honestly I'm flattered if multiple posters here are engineering some bullshit conspiracy to prove ztejas wrong. 

Oh yeah - "Are We Still Friends" released 2019. Yeah you really got me. 

I was just wondering if the two of you were still friends since it was getting pretty heated. 

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

I don't care if he is or isn't gay. Power to him if he is and is out about it. I don't see him in any of those pictures holding up a sign that says "Tyler The Creator and I have been in a relationship since 2018". 

Pancho is full of shit and deflecting because he used some questionable language commenting about the situation and would rather drag this out than admit that because he personally doesn't like me as a poster. 

"Used some questionable language"

On this website?

first time GIF

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3