Roboburger: Fresh Burgers from a Vending Machine

New vending machine makes fresh burgers in six minutes while you wait.

I want to try one. My question is this: why is it a "worrying" sign?  I understand that some fast food workers will lose their jobs, but doesn't that free them up to do other, more creative/productive work?

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign

I was intrigued and I'm all for a robot making my food, but these guys, this machine ain't it.  Group of robot nerds who don't understand food and apparently after years of work can't even get a simple burger right.  Look at what a shitty product it kicks out. I mean the ketchup and mustard are on separate side (like left/right) and the cheese didn't even make it on most of the burger.  If they understood food at all they would work to make a robotic fry machine first:

• Drool 1

35 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

My question is this: why is it a "worrying" sign?  I understand that some fast food workers will lose their jobs, but doesn't that free them up to do other, more creative/productive work?

Think of all those elementary school kids today dreaming of someday being on the other side of the counter slinging happy meals. Dreams are getting crushed, bro. 

5 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I was intrigued and I'm all for a robot making my food, but these guys, this machine ain't it.  Group of robot nerds who don't understand food and apparently after years of work can't even get a simple burger right.  Look at what a shitty product it kicks out. I mean the ketchup and mustard are on separate side (like left/right) and the cheese didn't even make it on most of the burger.  If they understood food at all they would work to make a robotic fry machine first:

Would the burger and reporter. 

• Haha 1

New vending machine makes fresh burgers in six minutes while you wait.

I want to try one. My question is this: why is it a "worrying" sign?  I understand that some fast food workers will lose their jobs, but doesn't that free them up to do other, more creative/productive work?

What's more productive than cooking me a fucking cheeseburger?
  • Hook 'Em 2

Does it cook one at a time? If I want 4 burgers am I having to wait 24 minutes? If I want 1 burger but some guy in front of me orders 4 burgers am I waiting 30 minutes? I am all for self order kiosks, but in this form it doesn’t sound that great. 

On 3/31/2022 at 8:57 PM, utee94 said:

I think this place is now closed, but I still like watching robots make burgers.

I like how the machine makes the entire burger, and then when its finished, it requires a guy to transport the burger like 3 feet to another guy who then puts it on a tray. Who knows how many more people will get involved before it finds itself in the hands of the customer. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Blotto said:

I like how the machine makes the entire burger, and then when its finished, it requires a guy to transport the burger like 3 feet to another guy who then puts it on a tray. Who knows how many more people will get involved before it finds itself in the hands of the customer. 

"So you physically take the burger to the customer?" 
"Well... No. My secretary does that." 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, ATexanAbroad said:

I have been in that JAL lounge and the beer robots are fucking legit

Silly Me.   I just to the NRT 7-11 and grabbed a sixer of Kirin for 10 bucks or so, and found a window with a nice view of the airfield while waiting for my connection.