Dwayne Haskins dead

Pancho

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Back atcha, bro. I thought that was totally uncalled for and very disappointing.

I think you are reading into it in a way that is fucking inappropriate and bullshit. You fucking braindead moron. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Back atcha, bro. I thought that was totally uncalled for and very disappointing.

Half of your posts are totally uncalled for and very disappointing. This is surprising but not much with Haskins. It’s a tragedy, but it’s a message board, and not an OSU one at that, and people are going to talk about other factors. Get off your fucking high horse. 

39 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Well I'll be dipped in shit. You've posted here 19k times and have yet to figure out that is the 4chan /b/ of sports message boards?

5 hours ago, Dr Fear said:

Nope, turns out that was a different location and a day earlier.

Latest:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article260271280.html

...Details are limited at this time, but here’s what Florida Highway Patrol has said so far:

Haskins was walking on I-595 between the exits for I-95 North and I-95 South. The highway is eight lanes wide at that location — four eastbound and four westbound. ▪ Troopers don’t yet know why he was there

▪ Haskins tried to cross the westbound lanes of I-595, where there was oncoming traffic. ▪ An oncoming dump truck hit him. ▪ Haskins was pronounced dead at the scene.

Possible location (the other side of I-95 doesn't match for # of lanes on wb I-595):

https://www.google.com/maps/@26.0826045,-80.1745379,429m/data=!3m1!1e3!5m1!1e1

Allegedly, but seems to fit.  Construction barriers leaving no shoulder/room to maneuver after crossing:

The reports are not clear, and all seem to be based on an email to the press by Florida Highway Patrol spokeswoman Lt. Indiana Miranda (actual name), but her statement seems to imply that he was walking eastbound on I-595 and then attempted to cross I-595 westbound at the above location.  Traffic homicide investigation ongoing.

YMMV (so check your fuel gauge)

Edited by clapclapclap

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

Are you kidding? 6:30 AM he was likely driving to practice

Pro football players in Miami in the offseason on the road at 6am Saturday morning (or really late Friday night), and in a state of mind to get out of a car after an accident on the highway and run across lanes. The house would not set the odds on “he was on his way to practice.”

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Right I know that but I’m saying he was going to practice. Walking to practice? How much traffic is there at 6:30am on a Saturday to not see a dump truck? 

I'm gonna assume that crossing an interstate highway on foot isn't the traditional way an NFL player (even one who is "struggling") arrives at practice.

1 hour ago, immamac said:

I think you are reading into it in a way that is fucking inappropriate and bullshit. You fucking braindead moron. 

Sorry if I ruffled your feathers by reacting negatively when you made a disrespectful comment about the tragic death of a young man you don’t know, someone I care about. I guess that makes me the asshole here. 

25 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Sorry if I ruffled your feathers by reacting negatively when you made a disrespectful comment about the tragic death of a young man you don’t know, someone I care about. I guess that makes me the asshole here. 

Nah, it just means you overreacted, and got unnecessarily offended.  Instead of posting something positive about the guy you care about (where most of the posts on this thread are of the "RIP" and "how tragic" nature), you chose to white knight and make it all about you.

So, you are not an asshole as much as you are immature dipshit who can't read the room.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Helobious said:

Is this post serious? 3AM sure. By 6:30 AM plenty of people are out and about.

6:30 am on a weekday yea, 6:30am on a Saturday isn’t rush hour traffic. So is your post serious? 6:30am in Dallas on Saturday morning is like driving down a wide open highway. People aren’t out and about on a weekend morning at 6:30. Especially where you can’t see a dump truck. 

18.5K posts and you don’t even know where you are.

Go to sleep you old drunk.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Not a very long list of interstate stretches that would be worse than I95 in Miami attempting to cross on foot

Yeah.  I95 from south of Miami to north of West Palm Beach - and perhaps all the way to Jupiter - was a freaking nightmare 25 years ago and it is even worse today.

If it was Tom Brady, Schefter says “14 time Super Bowl winner” even though that has nothing to do with his death. He wouldn’t say “devoted husband and father…” like Cardale Jones thinks he should. It isn’t an obituary.

It’s a tweet to best describe the guy as a football player.

I honestly first thought Haskins was some basketball player.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 hours ago, Carter Buckeye said:

A lot of you hate Ohio State and that’s fair and well deserved due to those who choose to represent us poorly. But this was kind of cool

Not a OSU fan but this brought the dust out. From Michigan Fans across the country I never thought I’d say this but RIP and Go Bucks. Terrible loss for all involved

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, po elvis said:

If it was Tom Brady, Schefter says “14 time Super Bowl winner” even though that has nothing to do with his death. He wouldn’t say “devoted husband and father…” like Cardale Jones thinks he should. It isn’t an obituary.

Broad sympathy for some; broader skepticism for others.  

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, po elvis said:

If you didn’t know who he was that says a lot more about you as a football fan. He tore it up at Ohio State, Rose Bowl MVP, 1st round draft pick just 2 years ago, and was still active on an NFL roster.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Haskins was walking on I-595 between the exits for I-95 North and I-95 South. The highway is eight lanes wide at that location — four eastbound and four westbound. ▪ Troopers don’t yet know why he was there

▪ Haskins tried to cross the westbound lanes of I-595, where there was oncoming traffic. ▪ An oncoming dump truck hit him. ▪ Haskins was pronounced dead at the scene.

Possible location (the other side of I-95 doesn't match for # of lanes on wb I-595):

https://www.google.com/maps/@26.0826045,-80.1745379,429m/data=!3m1!1e3!5m1!1e1

Allegedly, but seems to fit.  Construction barriers leaving no shoulder/room to maneuver after crossing:

Helpful as I have no familiarity with the Miami area.  He was west of the interchange?

Adam Schefter is a dipshit who won the lottery by being in the right place in the right time to take advantage of the new world order of what you report almost doesn't matter at all as long are you break it first on the twitter tweet.   Don't waste too much intellectual horsepower giving him the time of day in an "argument"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, SizzleChest said:

Meh. Schefter has said and done worse.

Shefty just received $9mill/yr deal with ESPN, so no telling how high or drunk he might be right now... 😋 

Big part of his new $9mill/yr deal is probably to feed info to gamblers.  

"One of those who was baffled by Schefter’s $45 million five-year deal is Gregg Giannotti, co-host of WFAN’s morning show Boomer and Gio.  Gio’s issue with Schefter’s salary is that he’s being paid by ESPN to break stories on Twitter, where NFL fans get information for free. If Schefter was providing unique information behind a paywall, the contract would be more justifiable."

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Adam Schefter is a dipshit who won the lottery by being in the right place in the right time to take advantage of the new world order of what you report almost doesn't matter at all as long are you break it first on the twitter tweet.   Don't waste too much intellectual horsepower giving him the time of day in an "argument"

Add in that all the former pros he works that are forced to pander to him, all think he is an asshole. 

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

Schefty has done some "sketchy" shit...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/espn-reporter-adam-schefter-has-history-of-sketchy-unethical-behavior