Dwayne Haskins dead

Pancho

I read that he ran out of gas and was walking when he was struck? The article, if it’s him, makes it sound like suicide. The last article I read said he was “struck by a car” so I think that article is him. Too young. His nfl career is irrelevant, fucking Schefter, wtf?

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

I read that he ran out of gas and was walking when he was struck? The article, if it’s him, makes it sound like suicide. The last article I read said he was “struck by a car” so I think that article is him. Too young. His nfl career is irrelevant, fucking Schefter, wtf?

Schefter is basically a bot at this point, he's got a quick summary of every player before the thing.

{Player} [original history, last couple years career] (current news)

GOT IT TO TWATTER FIRST WEEE

• Hook 'Em 1

Was looking up this story and got confused.  Apparently just about the same time a dump truck wiped out some dude walking on I-95 down in Ft. L.

RIP to Dwayne and anyone else who's walking on an Interstate today in the Greater Miami area.

I guess he writes that because Haskins was not a successful pro player in the NFL and the loss of his life doesn't mean that much because it doesn't affect a great chronicler of the game like Schefter. It's like Haskins got waived and retired--don't have to think about that loser again! I'm sure he's not the only one.

(I love football, but it sure produces some weird people with screwed up values.)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

One report said that he had an accident with another car and got out to check damage.  Of course, nothing is confirmed yet.

Still, if you see an accident by the side of the road move over a lane.  If you can't move over then slow the fuck down and get your hazard lights on.

• Hook 'Em 1

If you spend any time working in a trauma center, you see a lot of adults struck by vehicles. Almost uniformly, a motor pedestrian accident on the highway involves a pedestrian who is drunk, high, or mentally ill, or some combination of those factors. Regardless of how this happened, it’s tragic

• Hook 'Em 3