• Phillip Seymour Hoffman
    • Chris Wahlz
    • Domhnall Gleeson
    • Tilda Swinton
    • Ana Faris
    • Maya Rudolph
    • Melissa McCarthy

imo...

character act persons 'disappear' in their roles. most of those listed never do that.

of those that do, Oldman and Root are correct answers...but edge to PSH bc dead. 

....and mdmost with the ace, without question. 

Edited by mchookem

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

JT Walsh.  An all time favorite of mine. My hesitation for not putting him was he got some leads toward the end. Similar to Henry czerny imo

He played a asshole better then anyone. Like in that black and white Toby McGuire movie happyville or some shit as the town mayor 

35 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

He played a asshole better then anyone. Like in that black and white Toby McGuire movie happyville or some shit as the town mayor 

He was great in Blue Chips as the dirty booster.  Also was in a movie with Kurt Russell where he was a bad truck driver who kidnapped Kurt’s wife.  And of course LT Markinson in A Few Good Men

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

He was great in Blue Chips as the dirty booster.  Also was in a movie with Kurt Russell where he was a bad truck driver who kidnapped Kurt’s wife.  And of course LT Markinson in A Few Good Men

Also the depraved dude in the psych ward talking about killing hookers in sling blade.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I am old so I will go with the Skipper's dad......Alan Hale Sr.

spacer.png

Holy cow! Came here to post Alan Hale, Sr.

I saw the other thread about this and was going to post there but saw this thread as being “the” thread.

Two others:

Peter Lorre and Sydney Greenstreet

• Hook 'Em 1

This thread reminded me of James Hampton, who passed away last year. Here he is as caretaker in the original The Longest Yard, with Burt Reynolds.

The-Longest-Yard-1097.jpg?w=268

He always played the same kind of generally nice guy next door type, but the guy had a FIFTY-FIVE year career, and he was in everything: Gunsmoke, Hannibal Dobbs(Bugler) in F Troop, caretaker in The Longest Yard, the dad in Teen Wolf, Sling Blade, Punky Brewster, Newhart, Dukes of Hazzard, Murder She Wrote, The Greatest American Hero, Rockford Files, Rawhide, Dr. Kildare, the Doris Day Show, Gomer Pyle, Death Valley Days, Days of Our Lives, Who's the Boss, Full House, Melrose Place, and a couple of Lady Gaga music videos + a whole lot more. 

Edited by Richard Kimball
  • Hook 'Em 1