2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

48 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

IT, always looking for position changes

IT floated out the idea that Brooks or Austin Jordan were likely to move to safety from CB. Neither were seeing the field at that time. I think the end of the year ended that comment. Brooks is staying CB. Jordan looks to be the one moving. 

Edited by Codaxx

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

IT floated out the idea that Brooks or Austin Jordan were likely to move to safety from CB. I think the end of the year ended that comment. Brooks is staying CB. Jordan looks to be the one moving. 

Every year they have like 3-5 guys they always push for position moves. Just last year they were saying RoJo should be moved to LB and Whittington to safety. LUL

Edited by BurntOrange&White

Regarding TE, I don't see them taking Pimpton and Robinson if both wanted to come. They've been delaying a big push for Pimpton for the past few months because Robinson hasn't turned them off from continuing their push with him. I doubt Texas lands Robinson, personally, and if they land Pimpton, I'll be shocked if he ever contributes. I don't get it with him. I like the Shannon guy and his utility a lot more than what Pimpton or Randle potentially bring to the table. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Regarding TE, I don't see them taking Pimpton and Robinson if both wanted to come. They've been delaying a big push for Pimpton for the past few months because Robinson hasn't turned them off from continuing their push with him. I doubt Texas lands Robinson, personally, and if they land Pimpton, I'll be shocked if he ever contributes. I don't get it with him. I like the Shannon guy and his utility a lot more than what Pimpton or Randle potentially bring to the table. 

I believe Texas offered Pimpton right after their in-home with Duce, so I think it is fair to say that recruitment is a Hail Mary at best. 

• Hook 'Em 1

“The process has been difficult for sure,” Holmes said. “A lot of great programs have given me a chance to contribute to what they are trying to do, and I’m grateful for that of course, but it makes the decision tougher. I’ve just been trying to find where I fit in best.”

“I’m most excited to meet the [Texas] staff and talk about football,” Holmes said. “I’ve heard a lot of good things about the place.”

Holmes told 247Sports he’s planning other official visits for after the dead period opens in January but as of now hasn’t yet set anything. As for a decision timeline, Holmes said he plans to enroll at his next school for the spring semester.

When it comes to a decision, Holmes said he’s prioritizing a place that feels like the best fit.

“The main thing I’m looking for is somewhere I feel like my skill set will be put on full display, Holmes said. “Talking ball, scheme differences and things like that help me navigate things better to understand where I fit.”

• Hook 'Em 5

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

The way IT explained earlier in the year is Shannon was the in-line blocking TE, while Randle is the flexible TE they move around (in-line, offset, H-Back, Flexed out wide, & etc.).

Duce (& Pimpton) are supposed to be vertical threat weapons at TEs that you can't pass up.

• Fuck You 1

21 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Is this dude related to the overrated Aggy OL commit from Austin Westlake that we often clowned?

Looks like a Neanderthal? Check

Same girly-esque last name? Check

(Originally) committed to a whack ass school in Texas? Double check

Not sure but if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, then it's a mongoloid. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

With the news that Texas is likely losing 2023 DT commit Dylan Spencer, Coach Bo Davis just started following this 6'6" 300 pound DT from Arizona on twitter:

2 years of eligibility left.  Wilson was a rotational player at Arizona.  Has an offer from Auburn and then a few offers from G5's.

https://arizonawildcats.com/sports/football/roster/dion-wilson-jr-/14797

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

With the news that Texas is likely losing 2023 DT commit Dylan Spencer, Coach Bo Davis just started following this 6'6" 300 pound DT from Arizona on twitter:

2 years of eligibility left.  Wilson was a rotational player at Arizona.  Has an offer from Auburn and then a few offers from G5's.

https://arizonawildcats.com/sports/football/roster/dion-wilson-jr-/14797

Agree with a sentiment expressed in the other thread. If losing one to UH, Spencer is the one to lose, especially if it means the staff use it as an excuse to find immediate help in the transfer portal.