2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

18 minutes ago, WBT said:

He didn't say before.  By would encompass the entire duration.

Funny, in my usage of English, I’d you don’t specify a time frame like “by the end of fall camp” it means “by the start of.” As in, “by the arrival of fall camp.”

Nevermind that guys basically confirmed by interpretation. 

21 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It’s weird. I feel like I remember Saint Tom losing one conference game in his last five years. Trying to think through the details …

20 hours ago, closetojumping said:

In all seriousness, Saban is the GOAT IMO as well. That considered, careers have their own gravity, just like everything else in this universe. The argument that there's twilight in Title Town is not without merit. This season will either bear that out fully or validate your position that he's still got it and won't finish like Bowden. I've made my arguments on this board as to why that position is wrong and he's mirroring Bowden's arc, almost uncannily, so I won't further dilute things here. 

Honestly, man, it doesn't matter. It wasn't factually correct to state that he didn't lose a conference game in his final 5 years. Sorry. A conference championship game is, by definition, a conference game. It doesn't matter where it appeared on the schedule or if it is an official in-season conference match-up. Two teams in the same conference played one another and one of them lost, leading to something other than an undefeated conference record over a five year period. It rightfully tarnishes the premise that Osborne was flawless in his own conference to finish his career, which is what NoName was implying.

This is similar to the argument people make about ATM finishing in the top 4 in 2020. They didn't. It doesn't matter what a poll ranked them after the season. There was a playoff that invited the top 4 teams in college football to play each other to finish the season. By definition, those were the top 4 teams in 2020 and none of them were named Texas A&M. 

i would be shocked if Saban ended fully like Bowden, mostly because he hates to lose. in his last 5 years Bowden lost 5, 6, 6, 4, 6 games - i think that would actually lead to Saban having a stroke on a sideline somewhere around the 2nd year of 6 losses in that stretch haha. that said, i get what you are saying though, Bowden was amazing until he wasn't then stayed around too many years after the game had passed him by.

i think Saban is going to ride into the sunset sooner than later. 3 years? let's him reload, see what he's got and what's happening NIL wise (directionally) and then duck out if they win a NC or get close. i don't think this is a situation where he cares what he hands off and it makes him look way better if the next guy sucks

re: Nebraska in 96.

it's splitting hairs at this point because while it is a loss to a conference opponent it is not technically a conference loss and doesn't go against the conference record. the b12's standings is shit, so can't link to there but here is what football ref has and is what is used everywhere.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/conferences/big-12/1996.html

image.png.40ecc1f41a0d19b3728e4e3d595dffc8.png

i think it's absolutely ok for both of us to be correct here - they didn't lose an in season conference game that year, but they did lose a game to another member of their conference in 96 in the game they really cared about

Interesting thread derailment. If your boss says, “have that report to me by Friday”, with no other details, when will you have that report in their hands?
Sometime the following week. Defense is "you didn't specify which Friday."

He should go to Okie St to complete the FU Dad trilogy.

That actually does seem like a landing spot. He’s better than whatever it was they were trotting out there in the second half of the season.

Going to Auburn and seeing him have to go up against defensive talent from Bama, LSU, and Georgia would be something.

Big loss for UTSA

I can see Traylor wanting to break free from non-P5 coaching at first opportunity...but he should wait for the right program to come calling. I thought Tortilla tech would be the one, guess we'll find out if they chose the right ex-THSFB coach in the next couple seasons.

On 4/28/2023 at 3:44 AM, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Interesting thread derailment. If your boss says, “have that report to me by Friday”, with no other details, when will you have that report in their hands?

At or before COB Thursday.

He didn’t say “on Friday.” I’d defend myself pretty vigorously if I delivered it before the start of work on Friday. 

17 hours ago, TotallyLegit said:

I thought this already happened. They didn't have 2 In-N-Out transfers from UTEP, did they?

I think they convinced him to stay through spring. Now he is back in.

it's like the fat girl you took on a date once trying to convince you to keep calling her with blowjobs.

Edited by Vertigo