Texas has won the 2021-2022 Directors Cup

GreenspointTexas

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Stanford has elite Olympic sports and hasn't won a modern football championship and that means you can't have the Director's Cup and a good football team (plz ignore the Cardinal's 4 top-10 finishes in the 2010s) at the same time. It's science.

Texas also was runners up in the cup in 2001-2002, 2002-2003, 2004-2005, 3rd in 2005-2006 and 6th in 2008-2009.

Were we good in football those years? I don't seem to recall. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Texas also was runners up in the cup in 2001-2002, 2002-2003, 2004-2005, 3rd in 2005-2006 and 6th in 2008-2009.

Were we good in football those years? I don't seem to recall. 

You don't get it.  Runner up is fine and appreciated, but winning it is over the line. 

• Haha 8

36 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Stanford has elite Olympic sports and hasn't won a modern football championship and that means you can't have the Director's Cup and a good football team (plz ignore the Cardinal's 4 top-10 finishes in the 2010s) at the same time. It's science.

Frankly it defies natural law that Stanford ever fielded the football teams they did. They likely have the hardest academic standards for their athletes of any power 5 program. Players can't even announce their commitment until they pass through admissions. And sure, student athletes get some leeway, but not that much. 

I remember when Jim Harbaugh talked about his team as a bunch of lunch pail, blue collar type guys, and the Stanford alums were up in arms. "There's nothing blue collar about us! How dare you!"

• Hook 'Em 2

If that "update" doesn't include sports still in play, we'll jump a lot after the women's CWS, not to mention outdoor track & field (M & W).  Stanford can't do anything about softball, could definitely outscore us in baseball, and has no chance in outscoring us in either T&F national championships.

• Hook 'Em 1

NCAA Division I: Counts top 19 sports at each school with the following breakdowns:[4]

Four of which must be Baseball and Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball and Women's Volleyball

The next highest 15 (max.) sports scored for each institution, regardless of gender, will be used in the standings

For FBS Football: the top 25 teams are awarded points based on their final rank in the Coaches Poll. 26th place is considered a tie between every non-ranked bowl winner, and the next available rank is considered a tie between every non-ranked bowl loser

pulled this off of wiki. Not that we even scored in football, but based on this football’s zero points might not even be listed in the tally if the other 19 sports did score points. 

1 minute ago, markstanco said:

So worst case scenario, softball gets runner up, what would the track teams need to do?  No idea if Stanford is good at track this year. 

Stanford would need to overperform by a lot.  Texas is #1 in both rankings, Stanford is #8 in men and #18 or #19 in women's. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Burntcowboy said:

So this is predicting Texas gets bounced from the Supers and Stanford makes the championship series in baseball. Which seems rather unlikely. Even if that does happen, Texas still cruises. 

The #1 ranked track teams are not going to finish worse than whatever Stanford is ranked. It won't even be close. Track isn't some sport that produces crazy upsets. 

This is done and dusted. Pretty sure that 1526 record isn't possible, though. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

So this is predicting Texas gets bounced from the Supers and Stanford makes the championship series in baseball. Which seems rather unlikely. Even if that does happen, Texas still cruises. 

The #1 ranked track teams are not going to finish worse than whatever Stanford is ranked. It won't even be close. Track isn't some sport that produces crazy upsets. 

This is done and dusted. Pretty sure that 1526 record isn't possible, though. 

If football had held 2 of those second half leads leads, or Beard’s lack of interior defense didn’t get shredded by Lurch, that 1526 looks a lot closer to our final score. 

Checking in to say Congrats to all of the athletes who competed for the University of Texas, major or non-major sport notwithstanding, and thanks for keeping UT at the top. Texas, forever! 🤘

College wasn't my thing, but had it been, UT was the only choice for me. Football is king, but it's still Texas competing. Put a Longhorn decal on the side of  calculator and I'll root for the team in the Maths-Olympics! Hook'em Horns, nerds!!! 🤘

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 9:38 AM, Js1 said:

WHO CARES FOOTBALL SUCKS /s

But for real, I cannot remember anything like this ever. 

4 championships, 3 runner up finishes, 3 other top 7 finishes in WBB (#6), Men's Tennis (#7) and Volleyball (#5) and 2 other top 15 finishes (Women's Golf #13 and Men's CC #14).  Can add up to 4 more titles this month (at a minimum, 1 more runner up finish in softball). 

Still have:

Baseball - Super Regional (top 16 finish at least)
Softball - Champs or 2nd place
Men's Outdoor T&F - a favorite to win
Women's Outdoor T&F - a favorite to win

Don't remember a year like this.  Although 86 was really good for the women.  Indoor track, outdoor track, swimming and basketball in spring of 86 and cross-country in fall of 86 all won NCAA titles.  Only volleyball (3rd), golf (?didn't make NCAA ) and tennis (sweet 16) didn't win.

On 6/12/2022 at 8:06 PM, ousux said:
On 6/4/2022 at 8:59 AM, pacman said:
Amazing accomplishment for our Texas athletes, our athletic department and for Chris Del Conte.
I would only ask they look to expand our sport offerings.

Like expand to winning football championships? Yes, count me in..

Agree. Something these reverse handjob giving vegans dont understand. It is nice to win. Nothing matters than winning at the top. The top is football.

Edited by ATexanAbroad

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

We definitely missed this the first 20 times you said it. 

some people dont fucking get it. some people still wan to hold hands and still hope that just good boys will come to texas and win. these people are part of the problem. you heard that one before.

Edited by ATexanAbroad
  • Fuck You 4

31 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Some of y’all are so fucking dumb.

You can be happy and celebrate Texas winning the Director’s Cup and still be angry that football sucks ass. Those things aren’t mutually exclusive.

Well, ATexanAbroad is really stupid and/or an aggy sock. Those definitely aren't mutually exclusive. 

• Hook 'Em 4

12 hours ago, ATexanAbroad said:

some people dont fucking get it. some people still wan to hold hands and still hope that just good boys will come to texas and win. these people are part of the problem. you heard that one before.

The irony of you complaining about people who "don't get it" is so fucking rich.

Get bent. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1