January 6th Committee Hearings Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

Nixon was also smart and had a modicum of decency.

the list of people i have thought of the past month as being better humans and potentially better leaders than the Dick Tracy villain smorgasbord of MAGA we have cultivated:

Johnny Manziel

Kim Kardashian

Richard Nixon

the-bar-is-pretty-low-landry-bender.gif

Edited by mchookem
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Remember that stupid shit where Special Counsel Mueller was going to have Trump in jail within 6 months of starting his investigation?  

It was 100% going to happen, it was just a matter of when they arrested Trump.  Remember that?    

This is more of the same stupid shit.

• Rage+1 3

39 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

"an apparently inebriated Rudy Giuliani"

I’ve lost count of the number of reports I’ve heard about a drunk Giuliani. Including from Trump himself.

And he still had the sense to eventually distance himself from Sidney Powell. What a pack of loons.

40 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Whoa whoa whoa, here.  I mean.....we're not gonna be critical of guys 1) ditching the common sense and rational approach to something to instead 2) go with a plan cooked up by one of your super-shithammered buddies?  Because, ummm......I may be a bit defensive if that's how we're gonna go here.  Because reasons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Member when Rudy was "America's Mayor" and was running for president on a platform of 9/11?  I member...

He has since morphed into Mayor Cobblepot, aka the Penguin, Man of the Sewers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I'm seeing part of the problem is Trump does not understand what these terms mean:

• That claim is not supported by the evidence
  • There is no fraud found in quantities to change the outcome
  • That claim is bullshit

He just can't understand those legal terms.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

I'm seeing part of the problem is Trump does not understand what these terms mean:

• That claim is not supported by the evidence
  • There is no fraud found in quantities to change the outcome
  • That claim is bullshit

He just can't understand those legal terms.

He doesn’t understand a lot of terms. Remember someone once asked him about Western liberalism and he talked about Democrats in California. He only recently learned that Abraham Lincoln was a Republican. He thought Frederick Douglass was still alive.

”Person, woman, man, camera, tv.” “I’m a very stable genius!”

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

This was so well known at the time that election night reporters on every major cable channel were saying it would happen, and we'd spent months here posting about it and how the GOP had changed the law in certain states (like Pennsylvania) to make the mirage even bigger so they could claim fraud when it disappeared. It's kind of insane how little any of that seems to have broken through to the public at large.

My opinion means nothing around this place. Nonetheless

B0000822-DFDA-4946-A0DE-4989C4F2EBDE.gif

15 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

This was so well known at the time that election night reporters on every major cable channel were saying it would happen, and we'd spent months here posting about it and how the GOP had changed the law in certain states (like Pennsylvania) to make the mirage even bigger so they could claim fraud when it disappeared. It's kind of insane how little any of that seems to have broken through to the public at large.

Months prior to the election. "Trump will claim victory, and then once all the votes are counted he will call it rigged". 

It's kind of frustrating to still be dealing with this shit years later, that we all watched play out in real time. And knew would happen in advance. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Is Fox News at least covering it this time?  Or was there breaking news of a giraffe giving birth at some local zoo they had to air instead?

They probably are because it’s not prime time coverage. The crazies watch Carlson, Graham, etc, and FN won’t interrupt that echo chamber. The first night Carlson didn’t even have commercials to prevent those people using 2 minutes to flip over and check things out. 

3 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

They probably are because it’s not prime time coverage. The crazies watch Carlson, Graham, etc, and FN won’t interrupt that echo chamber. The first night Carlson didn’t even have commercials to prevent those people using 2 minutes to flip over and check things out. 

• Hook 'Em 1