January 6th Committee Hearings Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

18 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Yea, but daytime viewership is probably half of their prime time lineup, and most importantly, doesn’t have enough overlap with the people that need to see this stuff. 

6 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

it's really lucky that these people were as stupid as they were corrupt. had it been anyone else this would be entirely different conversation - probably not being had on the internet

Yep.  Trump embraces early voting and isn't a total moron on the pandemic and he wins easily.

i don't know. i think the stupidity of him (and his cabal), and also willingness to spew random jibberish, is very much an attraction to his voters

not even talking about the other shit. the racism, sexism, regardism and other isms they loved him for

Edited by staboner
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

it's really lucky that these people were as stupid as they were corrupt. had it been anyone else this would be entirely different conversation - probably not being had on the internet

I think it’s just proof of the absurdity of conspiracy theories in general, especially when they involve the federal government. The more people that are involved, the harder it is to organize, keep on script, hide the bodies, etc.  Trump’s inner circle is full of true believers and they couldn’t pull this off or keep it contained, but we are supposed to believe that a country wide conspiracy to defraud the presidential vote full full of random minimum wage vote counters is able to stay buried because deep state? Believing these lies (and according to testimony Trump seems to be fully invested) should be an immediate disqualifier for office in any political system for a country with nukes. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I think it’s just proof of the absurdity of conspiracy theories in general, especially when they involve the federal government. The more people that are involved, the harder it is to organize, keep on script, hide the bodies, etc.  Trump’s inner circle is full of true believers and they couldn’t pull this off or keep it contained, but we are supposed to believe that a country wide conspiracy to defraud the presidential vote full full of random minimum wage vote counters is able to stay buried because deep state? Believing these lies (and according to testimony Trump seems to be fully invested) should be an immediate disqualifier for office in any political system for a country with nukes. 

All the evidence is coming out next week!

36 minutes ago, staboner said:

i don't know. i think the stupidity of him (and his cabal), and also willingness to spew random jibberish, is very much an attraction to his voters

not even talking about the other shit. the racism, sexism, regardism and other isms they loved him for

Mixing scenes, but had to be done ...

ferris-they-think-hes-a-righteous-dude.g

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, staboner said:

Ann Coulter has referred to his constant lying as, “Part of his charm.” I find her too despicable to weed through all the interviews on YouTube to find exactly when I heard her say it. But I heard her say that on some tv interview. I think it was probably sometime in 2018 before Trump shut down the government after Coulter and other right-wing pundits criticized him for agreeing to a spending bill that didn’t include funding for his stupid wall. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

Good to know the Dems aren't ignoring important stuff.  

image.thumb.png.797e41e6cca32e1028de29a28c2161d4.png

Honest question -  do you think the stock market is the economy? Actually, this isn't the place for this discussion.

Edited by VRHorn
Wrong place for this

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

you're not gonna get an answer. he is disseminating his distraction tits talking points from his puppet overlords, nothing more

It is nice for my overlords that their talking point can easily have interesting things like the down being down 14% in the past 6 months.  No need to get nuanced when gas is heading over $5/gal. 

• Fuck You 22

Just now, 0xdeadbeef said:

It is nice for my overlords that their talking point can easily have interesting things like the down being down 14% in the past 6 months.  No need to get nuanced when gas is heading over $5/gal. 

Please tell me how democrats have affected either of those things. please show your work.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

Good to know the Dems aren't ignoring important stuff.  

image.thumb.png.797e41e6cca32e1028de29a28c2161d4.png

Were you paying attention at all when the markets smashed through the record highs day after day in the wake of a huge shock to the economic system?  Did you really think that was because the economy was that fucking strong under Trump and Biden?  Fuck no, man - that was all because the Fed was spiking the punch bowl, and then doubling and tripling down on that shit.  Ya know, the same shit that is largely responsible for the out-of-control inflation.  And now the Fed is finally threatening to take away the punch bowl, and we're supposed to feel sorry for everyone who based their investment decisions on the assumption that "Money printer go BRRRR forever"?  Fuck off with that.  It's a reckoning, and a necessary one at that.  Let's look back at where the markets were before the Fed backed off on QT in 2019, and realize that, in spite of it all, people have still managed to make money. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

"You should support the fascist coup because of the economy" is kind of exactly what the nazis said in Germany.

They also forced women out of the workforce and were basically relegated to birthing and domestic (around the home) duties. Sounds familiar to a certain political persuasion...

28 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

So yeah, fuck threats to American democracy.

Muh money!

So what happened to Rudy Giuliani? He went from being the lead in the SDNY to take down the Mob to being Mayor and leading during 9/11 to giving drunk advice to steal an election?

Was he always slimey and it was hidden? I'm legit curious is there is something that's pointed to as when he went off the deep end. 

6 hours ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

Remember that stupid shit where Special Counsel Mueller was going to have Trump in jail within 6 months of starting his investigation?  

It was 100% going to happen, it was just a matter of when they arrested Trump.  Remember that?    

This is more of the same stupid shit.

These charges are far more profound. I don't know what will happen, but the drumbeat of "nothing will" gets tedious. We get it. We're cynical, too. Nobody here has said Trump's jailing is inevitable.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

So yeah, fuck threats to American democracy.

Muh money!

I'd take a 50% market crash and $10 gasoline if it meant that at least there was accountability in trying to overthrow American democracy. 

Just now, FirstTimeCaller said:

So what happened to Rudy Giuliani? He went from being the lead in the SDNY to take down the Mob to being Mayor and leading during 9/11 to giving drunk advice to steal an election?

Was he always slimey and it was hidden? I'm legit curious is there is something that's pointed to as when he went off the deep end. 

My take is that Giuliani has always been basically just a loudmouth.  He parlayed success in prosecuting the mob, probably more attributable to enactment of RICO than anything he really did, into his successes in a sort of Trumpian fashion by talking a lot about them.

When he started being a loudmouth about the wrong things, he made a complete fool of himself.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I always enjoy pointing out that his best day was America's worst. I think he was always a slimy piece of shit, he was just pretty good at covering it up until worms set up a colony inside his skull. 

42 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Please tell me how democrats have affected either of those things. please show your work.

Well if Trump were President we wouldn't have sanctioned Russia and cut out a few million barrels of oil from the market. That does impact gas prices, and the continuing war in Ukraine adds to the uncertainty of of the market and keeps prices high.  

Without US support, Ukraine is much less able to defend itself and the war may have already been over by now with Russia winning handily. Hell Trump may have employed our intelligence and surveillance to help Russia win and put pressure on Zelensky. That would stabilize the global economy more than it is now, but we would probably be looking for Putin's next targets, Moldova, Baltic states, Kazakhstan, etc... Who knows what he would be doing now if Trump was president.

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

can't find it but I just read that so far all the witnesses today are republicans. that's significant

one thing that drove me absolutely bonkers during the impeachment trial (i think the first one) is when they had 3 judges or constitutional scholars or something, i can't remember, on one of the days.  all had the same views on abuse of power and what the constitution has to say.  but 2 were dems and one was a republican. 

the committee knew what they were going to say, but they still got 2 and 1.  why they didn't go 1 and 2, or shit, even 0 and 3 - knowing their views would all be consistent and against trump's actions is something i will never understand.  even while i was watching i thought, this is an unforced error.  later that night, it became a fox news talking point, that they brought in mostly democrat experts.  fucking sigh.

at least maybe they're learning, sort of.

as far as i'm concerned, i don't need to hear another dem speak (committee members or witnesses or video depositions/interviews) for the rest of these hearings.  it's the only way this works at all.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Dutchrudder said:

Well if Trump were President we wouldn't have sanctioned Russia and cut out a few million barrels of oil from the market. That does impact gas prices, and the continuing war in Ukraine adds to the uncertainty of of the market and keeps prices high.  

Without US support, Ukraine is much less able to defend itself and the war may have already been over by now with Russia winning handily. Hell Trump may have employed our intelligence and surveillance to help Russia win and put pressure on Zelensky. That would stabilize the global economy more than it is now, but we would probably be looking for Putin's next targets, Moldova, Baltic states, Kazakhstan, etc... Who knows what he would be doing now if Trump was president.

that implies the Dems had a hand in Putin's invasion, which they did not. they reacted to it, and correctly. so this still doesn't cut it. gas is expensive worldwide, that has nothing to do with Biden or Dems

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

that implies the Dems had a hand in Putin's invasion, which they did not. they reacted to it, and correctly. so this still doesn't cut it. gas is expensive worldwide, that has nothing to do with Biden or Dems

How is that NOT Dem policy? If an R were President, the US wouldn't have employed those sanctions. I think that pretty well qualifies as such. Obama put some really weak sanctions in place after the 2016 election BS pulled by Russia and Trump rolled all of that back shortly after being sworn in. He would be tacitly or quietly supporting Russia in everything they do if he were President, because that's exactly what he did while he was President. The problem is the Dems don't want to own the problem created by their anti-Russia policies because they don't want to own the outcomes of them, even if they are the moral, ethical and correct decisions for aby freedom loving human. 

2 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Trumps' campaign mgr wanted Trump to say: it's too early to call, they're still counting votes, we're proud of the campaign we ran. Did he even remotely understand his candidate. 6 months before the election Trump was saying that only fraud could prevent his win, and it was seriously debated whether he would accept a loss and leave the WH. 

If Stepien actually spoke those words above to Trump, I bet Trump thought he (Stepien) was a fool.