January 6th Committee Hearings Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

8 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

it takes strength of character to be able to accept that you are wrong and have been wrong. I don't even mean externally - i think it's actually far easier to say to other people "I was wrong about...." than it is to, in your own mind, fully admit and accept that you are wrong and have been wrong. You have garden variety morons running around doing and saying the things that actual stupid people do and say, and then you have a large category of our Daily Texan posters, your MIL, theoretically non extremist GOP politicians, etc who aren't particularly more stupid than the average person and are otherwise reasonable but are too far in and lack the strength of character and moral courage to admit that they are completely fucking wrong. That's why they'll continue to pull that lever, and nothing is going to change that for them. To change at this point would be to admit it, and that is not something they are capable of.

Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.

It's not just for alkies, yknow.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.

It's not just for alkies, yknow.

Sounds like it's just for pussy communists, though.  Admitting you were wrong is un-American commie talk.  America is the best country ever, no apologies, and because I'm an American, no apologies and I'm never wrong either!  STANDFORTHEFLAGKNEELFORTHECROSSFREEDOMEAGLE!

• Rage+1 1

Yep.  It's weird that my fantasy is that Liz Cheney would forgo this election to focus on her inevitable retaking of the white house in  2024 and that the mouthbreathers (I mean, the really crazy mouthbreathers - not the good mouthbreathers like Liz Cheney) would slowly be being purged right now as the Republicans prepare to sweep the midterms.
What a relatively beautiful world that would be.

Nahhhh - Liz Cheney is a ghoul.

Just because she’s only 94% rotten doesn’t make her “good”.

Her voting record is hot garbage and she’s her father’s daughter.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

21 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

As I've said before.....Irony isn't just dead, it's been dismembered and run through a wood chipper.

Fucking Truth Social, "we're all about freedom, no bannings here!"......immediately bans discussion of ACTUAL things that ACTUALLY happened.  It's fucking too rich.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

A formidable and early display of force, with a dozen arrests would have taken care of business. We’d already would have forgotten about it.

the forces were not present to do that, apparently by design

the national security apparatus knew tens of thousands of nutters would be heading *to the rally* a minimum of 48 hours beforehand on the 4th because Bluffdale and algorhythms

did the toys miss the signals this was going to be something more?  doubtful

but escalating above and around the command authority to have forces in place to insure control would remind the world of the capabilities of the apparatus

what is undeniable is that the stacked entry methodology would have been extant days in advance in fascist command & control comms easily detectable by the algorhytms

what was done with that information will never be known

but it was likely shitcanned before it ever got to the orange man so he would have pd on the matter

the weak almost negligible force projection on the day was by design

it's like the re-routing of the motorcade for the dealey plaza job and the call to stand down the 112th military intelligence group at 4th army hq at fort sam houston in san antonio which should have been in dallas on the day

the capitol police were deliberately exposed with an intent to sacrifice them the moment they opened fire

the amazing preternatual patience and situational awareness of the capitol police foiled the orange man and the fascists

along with mike pence they are heroes on the day

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

It's a surprise that Trump called out Ivanka but in reality, her statement was well crafted. Basically that she accepted Barr's opinion. She didn't say her father lost in 2020. You could argue that Trump accepted Barr and other's opinions in the sense that he left the WH.

I hope that we get to hear from Don Jr. in the upcoming sessions in relation to everyone calling/texting the WH since they felt that Trump could call on the rioters to stand down. I believe Don Jr. was calling for his dad to say something, indicating his father could control the riot.

55 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Also, I want to know this list of people in addition to Scott Perry.

They will be disclosed.  Unfortunately, by not doing so last night, a lot fewer people will learn who they are.

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

That is an interesting point and I think there's some validity to it.

There's no doubt in my mind that Trump, Flynn and their Congressional accomplices would've seized the government amidst basically a Capital Police firing squad. If they could get the National Guard to stand down, they probably could've given them marching orders too.  It wouldn't have gone well for the capital police though.  Without the National Guard, I really believe that this shitty circumstance was handled the best way it possibly could've been.  I mean, GOP lawmakers were giving tours the day before.  It's really fortunate Pence, Nancy, AOC and the rest escaped.  

And just think, Fox was already spinning the shooting of just one of their brainwashed maniacs. Republicans would be screaming for blood, holding hearings on why Capital Police decidedly mowed down fine unarmed "tourists," while Trump talked about how the radical left were gunning for the Right inciting them further.  

So much more really could've gone wrong that day, and they almost all would've benefitted Trump and his cult of Republicans.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Really should be driving those around battleground states.

Better up-armor that cab first. It wouldn’t make it 3 blocks without a bunch of holes in it in most red parts of town.

Edited by TXSG8R
  • Rage+1 1

12 hours ago, brakeman said:

They were ordered to stand down by C.Miller.

I believe firmly that here is where the meat is. Trump put flunkies in charge of defense just before the insurrection. They obstructed deployment to defend the Capitol. Mike Flynn's brother was in the middle of this, and he lied about it at first.

I think you can follow a path up the chain of command that will give compelling evidence that these actions were part of the conspiracy to overturn a rightful election and install an autocrat. 

"Whose orders were you following?"

That's an unambiguous path to somebody making decisions. I doubt Trump's flunkies will fall on their swords.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Fuck You 1

12 hours ago, mchookem said:

there was a shot of people from the bottom of some stairs just pushing with all their might, just person after person shoving the people in front of them, with a depth of hundreds of people...all i could think about was those people getting crushed at that Travis Scott concert. nightmare fuel.

I'd crush somebody to get OUT of a Travis Scott concert

4 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Hoo boy. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there have absolutely been serious “what do we do about your dad” conversations in their household.

(Also, lol at “my son married a black lady, therefore I can’t be racist”)

Ya think the family has discussed invoking the 25th? 

4 hours ago, Bullneck said:

I think Ivanka might want to pay Donald back for a few things.

Ivanka learned from being at the side of tfg that you are only loyal to yourself - family included.   She's attempting to survive another day and is happy to jettison that orange cockgoblin if it means she can continue to sell handbags and jewelry to aspirational idiots for decades to come.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Sounds like it's just for pussy communists, though.  Admitting you were wrong is un-American commie talk.  America is the best country ever, no apologies, and because I'm an American, no apologies and I'm never wrong either!  STANDFORTHEFLAGKNEELFORTHECROSSFREEDOMEAGLE!

Also this. American Exceptionalism is a fucking horrible concept. 

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Nahhhh - Liz Cheney is a ghoul.

Just because she’s only 94% rotten doesn’t make her “good”.

Her voting record is hot garbage and she’s her father’s daughter.

Stalin was a total asshole, but he was helpful in defeating Hitler.

You aren't wrong, but Liz isn't the gravest danger right now. 

• Hook 'Em 5

37 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I believe firmly that here is where the meat is. Trump put flunkies in charge of defense just before the insurrection. They obstructed deployment to defend the Capitol. Mike Flynn's brother was in the middle of this, and he lied about it at first.

I think you can follow a path up the chain of command that will give compelling evidence that these actions were part of the conspiracy to overturn a rightful election and install an autocrat. 

"Whose orders were you following?"

That's an unambiguous path to somebody making decisions. I doubt Trump's flunkies will fall on their swords.

My thought is that the decision to let them inside the building was to hope for some armed conflict. If the body count rises enough, then it could be used as grounds for declaring Martial Law and postponing the vote certification and transfer of power. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

"...Also, I bet she sucks in the sack. SHE'S UGLY!"

“I really don’t know her.  We have met once or twice briefly.  She may have brought coffee to our treason conspiracy meetings, but that was about it.”

”Oh, you’re talking about the oldest one?  I thought you were talking about the other girl I fathered.  Whats her name again?”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1