January 6th Committee Hearings Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

1 minute ago, royiv said:

I don't think you're understanding the difference here. The insurrectionists, at the direction of the sitting US President, were attempting to block the certification of a free and fair election. They were chanting to hang the sitting VP. They were trying to hunt down the Speaker of the House. How does this not qualify as an attack on our democracy?

I'm beginning to see that perhaps some are uninformed or deliberately ignorant about anything except the "riot" itself, which they like to analogize to a BLM protest.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

12 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Bennie Thompson is from Mississippi.

I'm aware

5 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Here’s the thing, he’s an American.  Not an Australian Fox owner or rich South African or some lord from Europe or shit.   He’s a goddamned American. And he’s pissed off. 

I know.  Here's my obvious point: will the "The Manhattan self-proclaimed Billionaire talks just like me" crown realize that the Chair, in fact, talks just like them?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Cool, now add the part of the sitting President watching and DECIDING TO DO NOTHING ABOUT IT. 

i wouldn't say "nothing".  he sat quietly and cheered on his people.  pop-pop just wanted to watch his stories he's doing his best ok?!

in related news, weller full proof works.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gil Bang said:

I'm aware

I know.  Here's my obvious point: will the "The Manhattan self-proclaimed Billionaire talks just like me" crown realize that the Chair, in fact, talks just like them?

Compare the color of the skin of the former to the latter to get your answer.

10 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

I didn't do an exhaustive search, but it seems that there have been way more significant attacks attempted previously. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/us-capitol-attack-history-1.5863856

Can I ask, are you posting this as a serious response or are you simply attempting to amuse yourself with a little trolling?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm beginning to see that perhaps some are uninformed or deliberately ignorant about anything except the "riot" itself, which they like to analogize to a BLM protest.

the information and how they act on it relies solely on which side is helped/hurt by the incident itself.

we live in a world of alternative facts.  fox news isn't covering this with a pro-trump angle.  they're not covering this at all.  that's the difference.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, henrygandorf said:

the information and how they act on it relies solely on which side is helped/hurt by the incident itself.

we live in a world of alternative facts.  fox news isn't covering this with a pro-trump angle.  they're not covering this at all.  that's the difference.

This right here.  Fox News is currently talking about Biden’s late night performance the other night and how he is senile.  Nothing about the hearing.  Says it all really.  

3 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Really odd that I get negged for posting a news article.  OK, whatever.

Multiple people responded to your post in a reasoned manner and this is your response? I thought you wanted to engage? Seems like you're just trolling.

12 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The point is not the attack on the capitol building.

The point is that the attempt was intended to disrupt the certification of a presidential election that has not been proven to be tainted or unfair, even 18 months later.  And the disruption was part of a greater scheme to ignore the results of the election and keep that fucking fat piece of shit moron in office for another four years.

Shit, if Trump had prevailed on Pence to do his bidding, the riot probably would not even have occurred.

do you feel like you're taking crazy pills? because

crazy-crazy-pills.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

I don’t understand, I asked you a question and you repped my post instead of answering it.  If you are a grandfather who has been married for 40 years and you are on here doing some douchey trolling running interference on one of the darkest days of our country’s history, then it would be helpful to know that. I already know there’s absolutely no reason to ever interact with an utter simpleton like MN, but it would be useful know if you have anything more to offer. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Pay attention to the trolls. They’re running the decided-upon play, to downplay this iteration of a fascist attempt to overthrow the government. That is done to allow the same forces to make another run at it in the future, and succeed.

That’s literally how fascists do it. It’s in the history books.

The trolls you are engaging with align with and enable fascists who want to overthrow the Republic. They are as loathsome as you might imagine, and more. But they aren’t trolls who live underground. They are your neighbors, people you see walking down the streets. Just like Tutsis saw their Hutu neighbors. Until shit flipped.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Pay attention to the trills. They’re running the decided-upon play, to downplay this iteration of a fascist attempt to overthrow the government. That is done to allow the same forces to make another run at it in the future, and succeed.

The trolls you are engaging with align with and enable fascists who want to overthrow the Republic. They are as loathsome as you might imagine, and more. But they aren’t trolls who live underground. They are your neighbors, people you see walking down the streets. Just like Tutsis saw their Hutu neighbors. Until shit flipped.

giphy (1) (3).gif

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I'm aware

Eh, they'll attack him whether he's a yankee k*ke or an uppity nigra.  It don't make a shit.

However, I think there is some merit in having a lesser-known, not "slick politician" type have a prominent role.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Pay attention to the trolls. They’re running the decided-upon play, to downplay this iteration of a fascist attempt to overthrow the government. That is done to allow the same forces to make another run at it in the future, and succeed.

This is exactly why no one should ever refer to Hitler as a monster.

He was a human being. That's important.

@ChickenSandwich - Apologies, I just realized I mixed up you and @Cheeseweasel. I must have had food on the brain. You may have been a bit confused but cheese was recently complaining about the silencing / negging of decent discourse in the CR. With that said, @Cheeseweasel - is this the type of discourse that you think is missing in the CR? Or will you find a random post from @DalTxHornFan somewhere that seems fine at first glance but has negs and just blame the CR?

• Hook 'Em 4

22 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Republicans have to be seething that they can't control the narrative on a nightly basis and the country is watching this on almost every channel and online.

Oh, they’ll figure out a way to control the narrative in their own way. There is a week until the next session and I see this getting a smaller and smaller audience as each week goes by. IMO, people have already made up their mind and this that we’re seeing, as painful as it is, won’t change their mind. To me, the key will be how our newspapers present it. During Watergate it was front page headline news everyday. If tomorrow what we’ve just seen is on page 6, then you’ll see how important it is. Cheney was right though, Trump won’t live forever and at some point his followers will pay and will have to answer for their actions and loyalty to this one lying worthless, self-centered, useless piece of crap.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Little Jimmy let me ask you- why did they leave that day/night? They outnumbered police big time. If they really wanted to overthrow the election they could’ve with numbers.

Their dear leader did not follow them to sit on his throne. Ends the party quick

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

What we're seeing I think from DalTx is a probably conventional thing.  He doesn't like and dismisses Trump and thinks that's "good enough," while still voting GOP, because conservative, whatever the fuck that means nowadays.

The danger in that, of course, is ignoring that the GOP is 100% all-in on Trump and the idea of manipulating elections and discarding the results if they are not according to their wishes.  

These people have been empowered to consider and plan to manipulate election results and/or ignore them by the alarmingly large percentage of people who find this to be some kind of nothingburger.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Republicans have to be seething that they can't control the narrative on a nightly basis and the country is watching this on almost every channel and online.

I wish that were the case but the people that need to watch this aren't watching.  The MAGA idiots are watching a Fox News or Newsmax circle jerk of how this is all political theater.  And then all the morons and/or other apolitical folks are just watching their netflix or whatever else they normally do.  We are largely a country full of idiots and the idiots aren't paying attention.

• Hook 'Em 4

30 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The point is not the attack on the capitol building.

The point is that the attempt was intended to disrupt the certification of a presidential election that has not been proven to be tainted or unfair, even 18 months later.  And the disruption was part of a greater scheme to ignore the results of the election and keep that fucking fat piece of shit moron in office for another four years.

Shit, if Trump had prevailed on Pence to do his bidding, the riot probably would not even have occurred.

I don't have the transcript but the most salient point I think alot on the Right aren't getting was summed up at the end of Cheney's remarks which was essentially- democracy's existence depends in the peaceful transfer of power and that has happened during every transfer of power in our country's history. 

Except for one. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

I’m surprised casualties weren’t in the 100s that day. 

Casualties should have been in the 1000's, because the Capitol should have been properly staffed with police and National Guard who were ordered to open fire as soon as that horde breached the building.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

53 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

No I didn’t.

Nothing wrong with not going to college. My mom had a chaotic childhood. Dropped out in 9th grade and left home. Same with my stepdad. Made a things financially rough for a long time but they worked hard to give us a decent life. They both never stopped learning though and know how to think critically. You can do that as well. You don’t have to like any part of Biden's policies or the democratic platform to assess the facts of November 5 to January 6. You should give it a shot

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

Nothing wrong with not going to college. My mom had a chaotic childhood. Dropped out in 9th grade and left home. Same with my stepdad. Made a things financially rough for a long time but they worked hard to give us a decent life. They both never stopped learning though and know how to think critically. You can do that as well. You don’t have to like any part of Biden's policies or the democratic platform to assess the facts of November 5 to January 6. You should give it a shot

LOL.  He's way past that maturity date.

It’s because you didn’t answer the question posed and not so subtly tried to dismiss the entire incident.

Go walk backwards through a field of dicks.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

If the national guard had been positioned like they should there would have been a lot of shouting from a distance or a handful of dead motherfuckers 

I can’t wait to hear how it came about that there was no NG presence at the Capitol. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Casualties should have been in the 1000's, because the Capitol should have been properly staffed with police and National Guard who were ordered to open fire as soon as that horde breached the building.

^ This.

In a functioning country, when terrorists attempt to decapitate the government, government forces resist and should shoot them dead. I remember listening to it happen live (we were driving back to Texas), and I yelled at the radio “you have to shoot them!” There should have been armed lines of defense at the threshold of the House and Senate chambers, and when the mob that was ACTUALLY CHANTING THEIR INTENT TO MURDER THE VICE PRESIDENT crossed the line of no return, they should have been shot dead. Just like we would do if a mob entered the White House chanting “kill the president.”

Not killing them has only encouraged them to try again.

Oh, and the elected leaders who enabled and plotted with them? A functioning country would hang them.

There will be no real consequences. They will try again. They will succeed. And the trolls here will cheer it, because they are fascists at heart. Just like Hutus happily murdered the Tutsi neighbors they waved hi to the day before.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

I didn't do an exhaustive search, but it seems that there have been way more significant attacks attempted previously. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/us-capitol-attack-history-1.5863856

Really? Have you watched any of the videos? Was the VP in fear of his life from a plot conceived by the POTUS in any of those other assaults? Do you subscribe to Del Rio’s dust up theory?

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

If the national guard had been positioned like they should there would have been a lot of shouting from a distance or a handful of dead motherfuckers 

I can’t wait to hear how it came about that there was no NG presence at the Capitol. 

image.jpeg.e0b8b42709bb86308947b1422a381120.jpeg

• Haha 1