Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I took a genetics class in college, but beyond chromosomal combinations, doesn't "fucked up in the head" (i.e., below average IQ, anger issues, psychosis) tend to revert to the mean?

It does appear to be a fairly significant climb, though, especially in one shot.

Genetic and epigenetic factors involved in both classical psychiatric disorders and personality disorders.

You want a real awakening to the spectrum of the human condition, spend some time on the Child and Adolescent Psych unit at ASH. 

11 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Genetic and epigenetic factors involved in both classical psychiatric disorders and personality disorders.

You want a real awakening to the spectrum of the human condition, spend some time on the Child and Adolescent Psych unit at ASH. 

Children and youngs with mental issues I have total sympathy for. But at some point in time age should yield to some wisdom, mental illness or not. Sympathy cannot extend forever else society can’t function.

If you’re implying the parents have mental illness, fuck them. It’s too late even if true. just like trump. Fuck him and him and his extreme narcissistic personality disorder. I don’t care at this point what caused it. It’s there and it’s destructive.

16 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

You seem like the type of dumbass that would agree with something like  ""I really do like the idea of calling school mass shootings, “bullet abortions.”""

I find the appellation apropos and much less offensive than shooting children in school.

1 minute ago, tchookem said:
3 hours ago, JimmyJames said:
DT crowd - “maybe one of the students lunged at him trying to get his gun from him so it was self defense?”

I bet someone in that school had a skateboard.

And if they used it to attack the shooter, well, that’s self defense!

On 12/3/2021 at 12:02 AM, Mdhorn said:

Take your human compassion to the Abortion thread.  This is the thread where people are compassionate about their guns and constitutional rights to be their own militia. And sorry about the kids but gun rights trump lives. The only way to combat a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.  Which is why it's a damn shame that school kids, principals and other administrators, teachers and aids, counselors, custodians, and lunch and bussing staff can't all arm themselves against active shooters.  What?  The active shooter was a white kid?  Let's not rush to conclusions.  Maybe the kid will surrender peacefully.  There's a Beckett play in here somewhere.  

Seriously, this shit get's old.  Gun control.  Now.  Or make bullets super expensive (nod to Dave Chappelle).  I'm tired of the morons that use the slippery slope theory for gun control while going hog wild with all kinds of other restrictions on books, immigration, voting rights, gay marriage, religion, and on and on.  And again, if guns made us safer, we'd be the safest country on the planet.  We're not.  

*Chris Rock

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I'm just kinda sad that they didn't have a shootout with DPD resulting in both of them being paralyzed for life with bullets lodged in their spines.

Not that I have strong feelings about all this...

i'm usually pretty sympathetic to parents to children about these kinds of things. i mean, we all make mistakes, ignore certain things on accident, or whatever. yes, you should secure your firearms at all times. of course, blah blah blah. 

but the news about the warning signs that were there, and the fact THEY HAD A FUCKING CONFERENCE ON THE MORNING OF THE SHOOTING drives me crazy.

that's beyond the pale. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Did the kid have the gun on him or in his locker when they had the conference or did he go home and come back to school? I don’t understand why they wouldn’t have searched his backpack in locker in the first case. In the second, why the fuck would they let him come back to school?

14 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Did the kid have the gun on him or in his locker when they had the conference or did he go home and come back to school? I don’t understand why they wouldn’t have searched his backpack in locker in the first case. In the second, why the fuck would they let him come back to school?

i think he had it in his backpack. nobody searched the backpack. Fuck. 

• Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

He had the gun on him and he never left the school. I don’t know why he wasn’t searched but maybe the school didn’t know he was given a gun for Xmas. They just knew about the online search for ammunition and the creepy drawings of people getting shot. They told the parents to take him away and get him counseling but they refused and sent him back to class. Then he went on his shooting spree. 

• Rage+1 1

32 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i'm usually pretty sympathetic to parents to children about these kinds of things. i mean, we all make mistakes, ignore certain things on accident, or whatever. yes, you should secure your firearms at all times. of course, blah blah blah. 

but the news about the warning signs that were there, and the fact THEY HAD A FUCKING CONFERENCE ON THE MORNING OF THE SHOOTING drives me crazy.

that's beyond the pale. 

They abandoned their kid to a corrupt legal system and took off running with their life savings of a whopping $4k.  If they were such a broke-asses they shouldn't be wasting money on firearms unless they had intended to hunt and eat, and live off the deer/elk.   They did this.  They raised a killer and mind-fucked a kid.  Willfully Trumpy is not a legal defense.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Nivek said:

They abandoned their kid to a corrupt legal system and took off running with their life savings of a whopping $4k.  If they were such a broke-asses they shouldn't be wasting money on firearms unless they had intended to hunt and eat, and live off the deer/elk.   They did this.  They raised a killer and mind-fucked a kid.  Willfully Trumpy is not a legal defense.

i said "usually"

i think he had it in his backpack. nobody searched the backpack. Fuck. 
Unless they have some report that he had something worth searching for, the school isn't going to search the bag. If a teacher or another kid had seen the gun, that would have been something to go on. I'm assuming they didn't. Fuck indeed.

It hasn't gotten a lot of airplay yet, but talk of the school district being liable makes a hell of a lot of sense. Not searching the backpack, not getting law enforcement in on the meeting, letting him leave the office with just his parents... There's probably a dozen more lapses in security that haven't even come to light yet. I'd hate to be counsel representing the district.

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I'm just kinda sad that they didn't have a shootout with DPD resulting in both of them being paralyzed for life with bullets lodged in their spines.

Not that I have strong feelings about all this...

Samkinnisonback2school.gif

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

It hasn't gotten a lot of airplay yet, but talk of the school district being liable makes a hell of a lot of sense. Not searching the backpack, not getting law enforcement in on the meeting, letting him leave the office with just his parents... There's probably a dozen more lapses in security that haven't even come to light yet. I'd hate to be counsel representing the district.

When are they supposed to have time and money to educate kids? 

My father, decades ago, wondered, "when did we lose control of schools?"

Here I am looking at those as the gool ol' days. It's getting harder and harder to tell the difference between our disgraceful prisons and our violent, scary schools.

But we got lots of guns, so e'er lil thang will be just fine and safe.

My father would not have believed a description of today's America given to him thirty years ago. Neither would I. He would have appreciated the irony of those most responsible wearing Make America Great Again hats and electing Donald Trump.

spacer.png

Good night, America, how are ya?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

Heard this morning they might charge school administrators. I have not stayed at a holiday inn in a ver long time so I’m not able to understand the legality of this. Is that possible?

The parents knew they had bought him a gun. Why didn’t they check his backpack at the school?

The parents knew they had bought him a gun. Why didn’t they check his backpack at the school?
The parents may have suspected, but how was the school supposed to be aware that the gun might be in the backpack? It's not like the parents had been acting responsibly through any of this.

1 hour ago, tchookem said:
2 hours ago, Satchel said:

The parents may have suspected, but how was the school supposed to be aware that the gun might be in the backpack? It's not like the parents had been acting responsibly through any of this.

If the kid has been posting violent shit on social media (he had been) then you search his buttcrack, not just the backpack.

If the kid has been posting violent shit on social media (he had been) then you search his buttcrack, not just the backpack.
So now schools get to be held responsible for monitoring students' social media? Because if it were up to schools, nobody under 22 would be able to access it.

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread