Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

7 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He had the gun on him and he never left the school. I don’t know why he wasn’t searched but maybe the school didn’t know he was given a gun for Xmas. They just knew about the online search for ammunition and the creepy drawings of people getting shot. They told the parents to take him away and get him counseling but they refused and sent him back to class. Then he went on his shooting spree. 

Those are some dumb fucking admins. The staff at my kids’ school will pull you out for a lot less than that. They will search your person, your locker, your belongings, and if you park in the school lot they will search it as well. And then send your ass home.

• Like 1

I posted earlier that, as radical right nutbars, the parents were immune to reason, ridiculed risk assessment, and probably believe they did nothing wrong. Using the word ‘probably’ was too optimistic. A common mistake of mine.

Speaking with host Alex Witt, Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard described how they are being held in his jail before revealing that they don't appear to feel any remorse for their part in giving their son a handgun as an early Christmas present, nor does 15-year-old Ethan.”

https://www.rawstory.com/ethan-crumbley-2655921661/

2 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

I posted earlier that, as radical right nutbars, the parents were immune to reason, ridiculed risk assessment, and probably believe they did nothing wrong. Using the word ‘probably’ was too optimistic. A common mistake of mine.

Speaking with host Alex Witt, Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard described how they are being held in his jail before revealing that they don't appear to feel any remorse for their part in giving their son a handgun as an early Christmas present, nor does 15-year-old Ethan.”

https://www.rawstory.com/ethan-crumbley-2655921661/

i am a little uncomfortable with how much the prosecutor and police have been media available. i mean, we know the kid did it and we know how the parents' help, but i am not sure we should know as much as we do pre-trial. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/4/2021 at 1:35 PM, Satchel said:

In honor of the Prince of Peace.

Yep. This is how the people of Kentucky celebrate his birth now.  The Son of God. "Thou shall not kill,"  "Love your enemies,"  "Love thy neighbor as thyself,"  etc... 

What kind of gun would Jesus have?

We're watching this country descend shooting by shooting, tweet by tweet into madness. Not hyberbole. This is collective insanity and it's getting worse. 

$50 and an illegal transfer of the only firearm I own says we're 48 hours away from having this latest school shooting pinned on "Critical Race Theory"

On 12/4/2021 at 2:17 PM, tchookem said:
On 12/4/2021 at 1:40 PM, Satchel said:
The parents knew they had bought him a gun. Why didn’t they check his backpack at the school?

The parents may have suspected, but how was the school supposed to be aware that the gun might be in the backpack? It's not like the parents had been acting responsibly through any of this.

Metal detector, TSA style.  Duh.

3 hours ago, Macanudo said:

Is Massie holding and M-60?   And is his wife holding a Thompson?  

yes to both.  i initially thought it was an m240 but upon closer inspection, clearly an m60.  presumably registered prior to ronald reagan outlawing in 1986...

what a complete fucking lunatic and piece of shit troll.

• Like 1

ngiphy.gif
I was told the right to bear arms "sHALl nOT bE InFRiNgeD!1!"  What about little Ethan's FREEDUMS?!?!
See my post above. If they can't blame it on the liberal media, they'll blame it on the school. Schools used to be the pride of the community. People might go to different churches, their preferred places to shop might differ, but schools could always be the common thread that united everyone in the town. Now right-wing brain rot has turned schools into just another bogeyman to be undermined. Nevermind that the adults in the school face the same dangers in school shootings... they're the ones creating the this mess.... and they're doing it on purpose.

Not sure if this belongs in this thread but it seems fitting.  We kept my kid home from high school today because the principle sent an email last night to all the parents showing writing on the boy's bathroom wall that had today's date and said, "you will all die" or something like that.  They wanted help if anyone knew who did this.  Maybe we are too protective of my kid, but I wasn't comfortable sending him to school just in case that graffiti was some crazy kid who could show up at the school with a gun or something.  Terrible times we live in.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Not sure if this belongs in this thread but it seems fitting.  We kept my kid home from high school today because the principle sent an email last night to all the parents showing writing on the boy's bathroom wall that had today's date and said, "you will all die" or something like that.  They wanted help if anyone knew who did this.  Maybe we are too protective of my kid, but I wasn't comfortable sending him to school just in case that graffiti was some crazy kid who could show up at the school with a gun or something.  Terrible times we live in.

That's not "too protective".  That's smart.

Season 7 Oops GIF by Workaholics

The principal of Oxford High School told parents there was "absolutely no threat" at the high school after concerned parents reported violent social media posts by the suspected shooter weeks before the deadly shooting, a lawsuit filed against the school alleges. 

The federal lawsuit claims the district's superintendent then warned students over the loudspeaker at the high school to "stop spreading information over social media and to stop relying on information on social media" and said there was no danger to the school.

The suit was filed Thursday by the parents of one of the students who was shot in the neck and wounded in the attack on November 30.

Students and parents became concerned in the weeks leading up to the deadly shooting when the 15-year-old suspect — a student at the high school — began to post "countdowns and threats of bodily harm, including death, on his social media accounts," the lawsuit claims. 

Parents warned Throne and school principal Steven Wolf of the posts as early as November 16, the lawsuit said. 

After investigating the social media posts, the principal emailed concerned parents saying "there is absolutely no threat at the HS...large assumptions were made from a few social media posts, then the assumptions evolved into exaggerated rumors," the lawsuit claims. 

The suspect allegedly posted warnings of "violent tendencies and murderous ideology" in the weeks leading up to coming to school with a gun, according to the lawsuit.

Despite these warnings, the school allowed the suspect to remain in class and return to the school each of the following days. 

Oxford School District said Throne was not available to comment on the lawsuit on Thursday morning. The district did not immediately provide a comment on the suit and Wolf could not be reached for comment.

The lawsuit seeks at least $100 million in damages.

Prosecutors say the suspect brought a gun purchased by his parents to the school, and allege the teen killed four students and injured seven other people during the shooting.

The teen and his parents had a meeting with school officials hours before the shooting to discuss his behavior, according to prosecutors. The school requested the parents bring their child home following the meeting, but the parents refused.

The suspect returned to class without having his backpack searched, prosecutors said. 

The suspect has been charged with 24 counts, including 4 counts of first-degree murder and terrorism.

I find it more than problematic that parents who are willing to live in a gun violent culture are on the hunt for a culprit when the culture many of them countenance hits close to home. That we’re in a situation wherein school administrators must do the same kind of psychological profiling the trained professionals perform at Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv, seems to be lost on most of us.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I’m starting to think some of these school officials were blinded by preexisting relationships with this kid or the parents. Maybe even shared ideology. Were they rolling their eyes alongside the parents at the “woke teachers” and those reporting the social media posts, perhaps?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Satchel said:

That we’re in a situation wherein school administrators must do the same kind of psychological profiling the trained professionals perform at Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv, seems to be lost on most of us.

It may be worse now because of the kinds of weapons available, and it is definitely more noticeable because of the internet, but this phenomenon is not new.

In junior high English, I sat behind a hulking freak of a kid who told anyone who would listen that John Wayne Gacy was his cousin, and he did book reports with such lovely titles as "101 ways to kill people", and he regularly brought knives, brass knuckles, throwing stars, etc. to school.

Nobody ever did anything. Then, in high school, he pulled a knife on a kid in the showers after PE. Fortunately he tripped and fell, otherwise, he would have made the evening news.

We are certainly worse now, but we've been a sick culture for a long, long time.

I’m starting to think some of these school officials were blinded by preexisting relationships with this kid or the parents. Maybe even shared ideology. Were they rolling their eyes alongside the parents at the “woke teachers” and those reporting the social media posts, perhaps?

But Jeannie Piero said it was the liberal school that was at a fault here.

I thought someone on here stated that the killer was returned to class because his parents refused to take him home. Can anyone confirm that?

A kid's parents give the disturbed kid a powerful, high quality handgun. The kid proceeds to kill and shoot up his school. The school administrators intervened prior to the shooting and called in the kid's parents. The parents scoff at the principal and chide their son for getting caught shopping for ammo, flashing ammo, and writing sick shit in his Big Chief Tablet.

Clearly, the problem here is the school administration. 

Isn't FOX NEWS the proaganda arm of the Party of Personal Responsibility? Aren't they the ones who don't want schools raising their kids?

Of course not. I know. They're the ones that pander their degenerate audience by saying the above while fulfilling their actual purpose of directing their audience's hate with lies and cheap sophistry.

I hope we have enough good guys with guns to stop these bad guys with guns.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I thought someone on here stated that the killer was returned to class because his parents refused to take him home. Can anyone confirm that?

A kid's parents give the disturbed kid a powerful, high quality handgun. The kid proceeds to kill and shoot up his school. The school administrators intervened prior to the shooting and called in the kid's parents. The parents scoff at the principal and chide their son for getting caught shopping for ammo, flashing ammo, and writing sick shit in his Big Chief Tablet.

Clearly, the problem here is the school administration. 

Isn't FOX NEWS the proaganda arm of the Party of Personal Responsibility? Aren't they the ones who don't want schools raising their kids?

Of course not. I know. They're the ones that pander their degenerate audience by saying the above while fulfilling their actual purpose of directing their audience's hate with lies and cheap sophistry.

I hope we have enough good guys with guns to stop these bad guys with guns.

I don't know, the new allegations, if true, do suggest that the school is partially at fault. Besides, I'm pretty sure you know the game with litigation. There may be multiple people that fucked up. But there is no point in suing the ones with no money. 

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

I don't know, the new allegations, if true, do suggest that the school is partially at fault. Besides, I'm pretty sure you know the game with litigation. There may be multiple people that fucked up. But there is no point in suing the ones with no money. 

Well, and I suppose the community should bear a cost for not only whatever negligence happened within the school building but whatever negligence/culpability occured outside the school building in the community.

Now that I ruminate a little, maybe a bond laid on the community that had some teeth might encourage community action to prevent these horrible incidents. Maybe people in the community would be a little more aware of warning signs. Maybe this could become a mental health issue before it becomes a police issue.

It makes sense. I'm sure it will never even be considered. It's that terrible "defund the police" stuff that the blacks and commies are trying to force down our throats.

Defund the police has got to be one of the worst PR campaign slogans for a good idea in history.

18 hours ago, Satchel said:

I find it more than problematic that parents who are willing to live in a gun violent culture are on the hunt for a culprit when the culture many of them countenance hits close to home. That we’re in a situation wherein school administrators must do the same kind of psychological profiling the trained professionals perform at Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv, seems to be lost on most of us.

Wtf? School admins are responsible for the safety of the students. If they had credible reports that a student was posting violent rhetoric to social media they should have investigated and removed the student from school. They definitely should have searched the kid the day of the shooting if they weren’t going to send him home that day. Being on campus is consent to a search. This situation didn’t need Columbo to crack the case. My daughter’s HS removed a student 2 years ago for less. He hasn’t returned

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Wtf? School admins are responsible for the safety of the students. If they had credible reports that a student was posting violent rhetoric to social media they should have investigated and removed the student from school. They definitely should have searched the kid the day of the shooting if they weren’t going to send him home that day. Being on campus is consent to a search. This situation didn’t need Columbo to crack the case. My daughter’s HS removed a student 2 years ago for less. He hasn’t returned

Gun searches should begin at home.

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

And true. Had the killers parents checked him for guns before he left for school, instead of encouraging him to avoid detection while searching for ammunition, chances are those dead kids might be alive today.

Parents can be really shitty people. They don’t make you pass a background check or nothing to be one. 

Dodged one

First I had heard of this.

"According to the criminal complaint, Pringle gained access to Westmont Hilltop High School on Tuesday after Hinebaugh let him through the front door of the building, without any staff noticing.

Authorities say surveillance video shows the pair wandering the halls of the school and observing camera locations throughout the building.

Chief Hess noted that all investigating agencies believe that the two teens were in the "planning phase of a school shooting."

Pringle reportedly told police in an interview that he "didn't think it would be that easy to get back into the school," but said that he left the building through a side door near the gymnasium because he thought he would be caught."

https://wjactv.com/news/local/two-teens-charged-with-conspiracy-to-commit-terrorism-in-westmont-trespassing-incident

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This thread didn’t even get bumped for today’s shooting. 

If you’re referring to the mass shooting in CO, that happened last night. Fucking crazy that it’s not all over the news or social media. Talk about desensitization. 

Edited by HornPhD

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread