2023 QB Arch Manning

2 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

Pronounced Man-E.

We used to play them back in the day. They had a guy who was probably four foot nothing who played halfback, wide receiver, safety and returned punts and kicks. Ran all over/knocked the shit out of us. Probably played in the band and sold concessions at halftime 

Newman wins 23-20 at Belle Chasse. Arch with 2 dimes for TD's in the 2nd half. 2nd TD pass brings the win in a game where the opponent ran the ball effectively, milked the clock, and decreased the possessions for Newman. 

Game stream ended. Replay was still showing last I checked.

Edited by NWAustinDude
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, futureman said:

duh.  with a different name he's a three star.

This is true. With a different name he would have different genes which probably wouldn’t be as athletic. And he would have had a different path to development, different strength and conditioning, different nutrition, different QB camps and tutelage. If he were Archie Smith from BFE Utah he probably would be a 3*. 
But he’s not. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Getafix said:

Y'all chill ... Quinn knows the secret to improved o-line play.

So my freshman year I'm scrounging for 2-for-1 Alvin Ord's coupons and this dude is picking up the tab for 6 a VY steakhouse.  

I was never an NCAA athlete, but it is amazing how these dudes can roll nowadays.  Hopefully they get good advice on managing the $$

• Hook 'Em 4

21 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

So my freshman year I'm scrounging for 2-for-1 Alvin Ord's coupons and this dude is picking up the tab for 6 a VY steakhouse.  

I was never an NCAA athlete, but it is amazing how these dudes can roll nowadays.  Hopefully they get good advice on managing the $$

Isn't that part and parcel of NIL?

2 hours ago, MIkeHoncho said:

I just assumed VY Steakhouse would be comp'ing the meal

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, MIkeHoncho said:

Cooper is Caesar’s favorite. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
For cryin’ out loud, Sark’s wife designed a clown suit for him, too?

You forget what it is like to be young. In HS, a small group of us wore the ugliest and loudest suits we could find to draw attention to us. Most others wore black/blue suits to the event.
  • Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, Nivek said:

You forget what it is like to be young. In HS, a small group of us wore the ugliest and loudest suits we could find to draw attention to us. Most others wore black/blue suits to the event.

I’ve forgotten a lot of stuff .. but, the exuberance of youth ain’t one of them.  The mirror is a vicious reminder. 

But, your point is well taken.

• Hook 'Em 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2022 at 4:01 PM, Chuckie Finster said:

Not that it was in doubt, but methinks he’s content with his decision to wear the burnt orange.

744C14EB-93F4-4718-8BBE-B9CA474FE260.jpeg

That’s awesome.   Love it.   

Colors, colors, colors, 
Colors, colors, colors,
Colors, colors, colors,
Colors, colors
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking
  • Drool 1