Succession -- HBO

Patrick Bateman

1 hour ago, BHMCruiser said:

I think Mattson was responding to what he perceived to be Roman's very real desire not to sell to him. He is giving them a price the board will not reject, so that Roman has to do what Mattson wants. It's a power play; he is buying Roman and Ken and showing them they are irrelevant and what they want does not matter.

This is why he called Frank to give the new offer 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BHMCruiser said:

I disagree. The 192 is real, I think. I think Mattson was responding to what he perceived to be Roman's very real desire not to sell to him. He is giving them a price the board will not reject, so that Roman has to do what Mattson wants. It's a power play; he is buying Roman and Ken and showing them they are irrelevant and what they want does not matter. He cultivated Shiv so he could split and weaken the three siblings. And that's why he wanted her to take a picture of Roman and Ken when the deal landed - to watch them in agony knowing the sale was now unstoppable but having to pretend that everything was good and they did a good job. 

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

This is why he called Frank to give the new offer 

46 minutes ago, BHMCruiser said:

bingo

And Frank can even think it's because the boys beat Mattson so bad he didn't want to talk to them anymore.

agree with all this. Mattson made them an offer they can't refuse. 

also, of course the baby is Tom's, pretty sure we even saw it conceived last season in Tuscany during mom's wedding trip. now, whether she admits/tells Tom it's his is a different issue. she doesn't exactly seem overjoyed about it... but it could explain her not wanting to completely eviscerate/eliminate Tom (i.e. her bros offer, the kill list, the dinner invite, etc.) - i mean he is/will be the father of her baby, after all. 🤔

3 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I actually believe the blood story because Carolina (the Waystar Royco comms person) was not on the kill list, and that other woman was legit acting weird and left the retreat early. 

Assuming Mattson wasn't fabricating a bunch of bullshit about sending blood to this ex-girlfriend/head of comms, they would have two heads of comms because, as Shiv pointed out, he can't fire ol' blood babe. 

33 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Assuming Mattson wasn't fabricating a bunch of bullshit about sending blood to this ex-girlfriend/head of comms, they would have two heads of comms because, as Shiv pointed out, he can't fire ol' blood babe. 

Except the merger gives a pretty clean non-harassment/non-retaliation cover, but I’m sure there’s room for the both of them if Hugo is gonzo

52 minutes ago, HamsterHookah said:

There is zero chance 192 is real. I'll eat my hat if y'all are right.

i mean it's pretty straightforward...

the bros did NOT want to sell. we saw that in their private discussions as well as Roman's justified rant to Matsson.

Shiv gave it away to Matsson - the deal including ATN was there for the taking if the money was right. and she knew her bros no longer wanted the deal. she pulled a Fredo and went against the family.

he called Frank with the offer so the bros couldn't turn it down, and he called Shiv for a pic of their faces bc he knew he'd won. 

what do you think his reasoning would be for all of that if he was just gonna be like 'psyche!' and withdraw? that makes no sense. again, the bros. and Shiv, separately, each gave away the plot.

• Hook 'Em 3

^

this.  Every fucking conference/business/board breakfast...I gotta dance around the fun stuff and eat fruit and maybe get a muffin to not look like a heathen.  Meanwhile, some guy who looks anorexic takes 3 plates of stuff and I still look bad.  I hate that dude.

Fun fact, Shiv wasn't turned on by Tom mistreating her.  She's in her 4th month of pregnancy, the horny month.  Tom's gonna pick up on her increased libido before she has a chance to say anything. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Except the merger gives a pretty clean non-harassment/non-retaliation cover, but I’m sure there’s room for the both of them if Hugo is gonzo

I thought Karolina's job was redundant with the harassed chick's jobs. Hugo's job was redundant with the olympian's. Hugo was on the kill list. Karolina was not. Maybe I'm wrong. That's just how I remember it. 

• Like 1

the wife and i are negotiating our new lease with her car, and we're both going back and forth individually with the dealership, and she's kinda fucking up the teamwork and crumbing the play. 

as we were discussing this last night, i said, "do you know who you're being right now?"  and she thought about it, and was like, "no, i am not being shiv" and then i came up with my kendall impression, and said, "you put shiv in, and she's a fucking dipshit, no one respects her, everyone's talking about it" and now i'm not allowed to do the kendall voice anymore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

On 4/26/2023 at 12:22 PM, irishtexan said:

He can buy her off, which she alluded to when we first met her.

Any trace of sympathy or lingering notion that Kendall has any sense of acumen at all completely evaporated with that episode. What complete and utter morons both brothers are. And Shiv is just a miserable person. Tom’s a prick too but I guess I’m rooting for him.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, yoladu said:

that was the weakest episode of the season so far.

I liked it, I thought it was interesting watching all the little baby vipers start to grow up a little bit. Especially Roman who followed his outburst last week with some impulsive firings. Seeing Karl and Geri drop the corporate façade was interesting too.

1 hour ago, yoladu said:

that was the weakest episode of the season so far.

disagree - the episode last night was about masks coming off. For example, Shiv saw Tom for the first time and realized he's not "safe". He's ruthless, greedy and capable of cruelty. He bites, in the most obvious metaphor of the show,  which is what she actually wants. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Shiv and Tim’s relationship is off the rails insane. Laughing, I think (?).

Yea it really is. And they are just average looking people. As the whole cast is. Not one classically good-looking/attractive person in the bunch, I don't think. Maybe Willow still? But I mean more in the core nucleus of the show, the main characters. There are EA's and random people here there that aren't main characters...

Greg, Tom, Roman, Kendall, Shiv, all the old guard, just basic, average, normal looking folks. That's not a bad thing, by the way.

Anyways, I thought of this tweet watching Tom and Shiv and really seeing his acne scars and her weird facial structure:

Edited by HamsterHookah

1 hour ago, utxmike05 said:

Yup. Anytime fukin time Kendall is giving a speech, interview, whatever.  Makes my head hurt.

Bitey sounds more fun if it was on Shiv's ass.

I saw a photo of Jeremy Strong at the Met Gala yesterday-- super jarring to see he is like 100% gray-haired. They must dye his hair daily for the show.

1 hour ago, HamsterHookah said:

I saw a photo of Jeremy Strong at the Met Gala yesterday-- super jarring to see he is like 100% gray-haired. They must dye his hair daily for the show.

Yup saw that photo also.  He looks like that also in the post episode discussions iirc.

3 hours ago, HamsterHookah said:

or is is hair natural in Sucession and he is dying his hair grey for some other role he is working on now?

42 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I find Sarah Snook extremely attractive 

I think you are saying that you find her wholly extremely attractive, factoring in her personality and humor and style and what you have come to know and see of her over the years which is more than understandable and is how it happens in real life when a 5 goes to a 7 or a 7 to a 10 in our eyes, over time.

If you are saying you find her to be mainstream and conventionally attractive picked out of a line up or from a headshot, then that is interesting and I would think probably not as common an opinion. Definitely not in Hollywood and let's build a franchise around this person/group of people sort of thinking.

I mean, she's probably a solid 9 in the Chicago E&Y office where she manages a team of junior auditors, but in Hollywood she's gotta be like a generous 6?

Here's why it's a good show.  4 seasons of the most dragged-out M&A sequence in screen history.  And nobody, even the people working on the show, give a single solitary fuck if any of the proposed deals go through.   No transactions, no nudity, no fun of any kind.  But I can't look away because it's a beautifully shot one way mirror that I cannot look away from despite it making as much progress as a Stephen Hawking half-marathon.  

• Hook 'Em 2

On 4/26/2023 at 12:17 PM, HamsterHookah said:

There is zero chance 192 is real. I'll eat my hat if y'all are right.

Mattson's 192 was obviously quite real, which is what everybody else was saying and you were arguing against. 

clearly the boys have sabotaged (or are trying to) the deal. but the offer was absolutely real. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

Mattson's 192 was obviously quite real, which is what everybody else was saying and you were arguing against. 

clearly the boys have sabotaged (or are trying to) the deal. but the offer was absolutely real. 

Ah okay, gotcha. I might be wrong, but I still believe the 192 was lobbed with zero intention of closing it at 192 from Mattson's end (to say nothing of the Logan boys). 

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

My immediate thought, as well.

She's classy hot as fuck

Yes. 

She also reminds me so much (look, temperament, etc.) of many smoking hot and smart high-level Corporate Communications/PR women I knew/know from years ago when I was in that line of work. They nailed the casting perfectly.

TL;DR: super hot, would bang

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, HamsterHookah said:

Ah okay, gotcha. I might be wrong, but I still believe the 192 was lobbed with zero intention of closing it at 192 from Mattson's end (to say nothing of the Logan boys). 

You might be right.  Mattson gives the Roys enough rope to hang themselves.  He might be gambling that the Roman and Kendall with do enough damage to the value that the shareholders will beg him to do the deal at a much lower price per share.