[2022] Louisiana Monroe @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

14 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I'm well aware.  He's not going to burn one of those games for blowout mop up duty in Week 1 of the season - the kid has been a starter and doesn't need snap work with the 3rd string OL.  

Screenshot_20220828-181835_kindlephoto-10346041.png.0bcc9478c5b89d39d53690969188bb0a.png

Card needs to play in Game 1

• Hook 'Em 1

Defense and special teams 

End/Jack: Barryn Sorrell, Justice Finkley, Jaray Bledsoe

DT: Moro Ojomo, Vernon Broughton, Alfred Collins, Kris Ross, Zac Swanson

NT: Byron Murphy, Keondre Coburn OR T’Vondre Sweat, Aaron Bryant

End/Buck: Ovie Oghoufo, Ethan Burke, Prince Dorbah, DJ Harris, J’Mond Tapp

SLB: DeMarvion Overshown, Ovie Oghoufo, Derrick Brown

MLB: Jaylan Ford, Jett Bush, Devin Richardson

WLB: DeMarvion Overshown, Diamonte Tucker-Dorsey, David Gbenda

CB: D’Shawn Jamison, Jamier Johnson, Ishmael Ibraheem 

BS: Anthony Cook, Kitan Crawford, Morice Blackwell, Larry Turner-Gooden 

FS: Jerrin Thompson, JD Coffey, BJ Allen

CB: Ryan Watts, Austin Jordan OR Terrance Brooks, Xavion Brice

STAR: Jahdae Barron, Jaylon Guilbeau, Michael Taaffe

Kicker: Bert Auburn, Will Stone

Punter: Isaac Pearson, Daniel Trejo

Holder: Hudson Card, Isaac Pearson

DS: Lance St. Louis

PR: D’Shawn Jamison OR Xavier Worthy, Brenen Thompson, Savion Red

15 minutes ago, HornsofBevo said:

Side note: I really hope Bijan is the focus of our offense this year. Sark should set a goal for him to average 200 all purpose yards every game so he can have a chance to win the Heisman.

Agreed. It also lets QE settle in.

1 hour ago, pacman said:

IT projects the offensive depth chart

QB: Quinn Ewers, Hudson Card, Maalik Murphy, Charles Wright

RB: Bijan Robinson, Roschon Johnson, Keilan Robinson, Jonathon Brooks, Jaydon Blue

WR: Xavier Worthy, Brenen Thompson, Jaden Alexis

WR: Jordan Whittington, Tarique Milton, Savion Red

WR: Casey Cain, Troy Omeire, Gabe Sulser

TE: Ja’Tavion Sanders, Jahleel Billingsley, Gunnar Helm, Juan Davis, Brayden Liebrock

LT: Kelvin Banks, Andrej Karic

LG: Hayden Conner, Malik Agbo, Max Merrill

C Jake Majors, Logan Parr, Connor Robertson

RG: Cole Hutson, DJ Campbell, Sawyer Goram-Welch

RT: Christian Jones, Cam Williams, Neto Umeozulu

Feels so good to have a 3 deep of good to great players on the OL for the first time in.... a while. 

22 minutes ago, Sock Monkey said:

Do people really expect ULM to score more on us than ULL? 45-13.

Bijan will rush for 143 and receive for 22.

This is such a question mark. How much has our defense improved over last year. Game 1 and 3 will be good tests.. Game 2, not so much probably. But the two major curiosities for me are:

1. How well can the OL protect QE and open up ops for BR

2. How improved is the defense

Texas 35  ULM 24

Prediction: Texas plays vanilla, run-heavy offense. ULM hangs around and makes Sark’s butthole pucker (kind of like Tulsa for Tom). Perception will be that Texas hasn’t improved… Then we shock the world vs Bama week 2 (or are at least competitive haha).

4 hours ago, immamac said:

Do you have brain damage? Fresh 3rd team Texas OL would be a fair matchup against first team ULM. That's how fucking big of a difference there is here. 

You know what, yeah, I am just brain dead. You're right. Texas is an absolute lock to score 70, as you said. Impossible to see otherwise. 

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

He's just continuing his satyanash shtick. Tiresome and pointless but he gets off on it, just like satya.

lol yeah I am just over here pleasuring myself, fueled by the overly pessimistic prediction of... *checks prior post* 52-17, Texas. Immamac is right, it's crazy to think Texas doesn't hang 70 on ULM. And I, of course, will be devastated when that certainty comes to pass. JFC.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Texas 35  ULM 24

Prediction: Texas plays vanilla, run-heavy offense. ULM hangs around and makes Sark’s butthole pucker (kind of like Tulsa for Tom). Perception will be that Texas hasn’t improved… Then we shock the world vs Bama week 2 (or are at least competitive haha).

I'm here on the score as well with the same justification. But I have it at 45 to 21. 

Bijan with 110 on ground. 2 catches for 21 yards and 3 tds but looking totally in control and limited. 

My prediction is that brooks will be the leading rusher assuming Roschon doesn't play. 

9 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Texas 49-10.

Bijan 84 yards rushing 46 receiving for 130 total yards

Forgot the story...

• • •

It was back last October, I believe it was.

We was going to hold a tent service off at this college town, and we got there about dinnertime on Saturday. Different ones of us thought that we ought to get us a mouthful to eat before we set up the tent.

So we got off the truck and followed this little bunch of people through this small little bitty patch of woods there, and we come up on a big sign. It says, “Get Something to Eat Here.”

I went up and got me two hot dogs and a big orange drink, and before I could take a mouthful of that food, this whole raft of people come up around me and got me to where I couldn’t eat nothing, up like, and I dropped my big orange drink. I did.

Well, friends, they commenced to move, and there wasn’t so much that I could do but move with them.

Well, we commenced to go through all kinds of doors and gates and I don’t know what-all, and I looked up over one of ’em and it says, “North Gate.” We kept on a-going through there, and pretty soon we come up on a young boy and he says, “Ticket, please.”

And I says, “Friend, I don’t have a ticket; I don’t even know where it is that I’m a-going!” I did.

Well, he says, “Come out as quick as you can.”

And I says, “I’ll do ’er; I’ll turn right around the first chance I get.”

Well, we kept on a-moving through there, and pretty soon everybody got where it was that they was a-going, because they parted and I could see pretty good. I could. And what I seen was this whole raft of people a-sittin’ on these two banks and a-lookin’ at one another across this pretty little green cow pasture. Well, they was.

Somebody had took and drawed white lines all over it and drove posts in it, and I don’t know what-all, and I looked down there, and I seen five or six convicts a-running up and down and a-blowing whistles. They was. And then I looked down there, I seen these pretty girls wearin’ these little bitty short dresses and a-dancing around, and so I sit down and thought I’d see what it was that was a-going to happen. I did.

About the time I got set down good, I looked down there and I seen 30 or 40 men come a-runnin’ out of one end of a great big outhouse down there. They did. And everybody where I was a-settin’ got up and hollered! And about that time, 30 or 40 come runnin’ out of the other end of that outhouse, and the other bank-full, they got up and hollered.

And I asked this fella that was a sittin’ beside of me, “Friend, what is it that they’re a-hollerin’ for?”

Well, he whopped me on the back and he says, “Buddy, have a drink!” “Well,” I says, “I believe I will have another big orange.” And I got it and set back down.

When I got there again I seen that them men had got in two little bitty bunches down there real close together, and they voted. They did. They voted and elected one man apiece, and them two men come out in the middle of that cow pasture and shook hands like they hadn’t seen one another in a long time.

Then a convict come over to where they was a-standin’, and he took out a quarter, and they commenced to odd man right there! They did. After a while I seen what it was they was odd-manning for. It was that both bunches-full of them men wanted this funny-lookin’ little punkin to play with. They did.

And I know, friends, that they couldn’t eat it because they kicked it the whole evenin’ and it never busted.

But, anyhow, what I was telling was, both bunches-full wanted that thing. One bunch got it and it made the other bunch just as mad as they could be! Friends, I seen that evenin’ the awfulest fight that I have ever seen in all my life! I did!

They would run at one another and kick one another and throw one another down and stomp on one another and grind their feet in one another and I don’t know what-all and just as fast as one of ’em would get hurt, they’d tote him off and run another one on!

Well, they done that as long as I set there, but pretty soon this boy that had said “Ticket, please,” he come up to me and he says, “Friend, you’re gonna have to leave because it is that you don’t have a ticket.”

And I says, “Well, all right.” And I got up and left.

I don’t know, friends, to this day what it was that they was a-doin’ down there, but I have studied about it. I think it was that it’s some kindly of a contest where they see which bunch-full of them men can take that punkin and run from one end of that cow pasture to the other without gettin’ knocked down or steppin’ in somethin’.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Forgot the story...

• • •

It was back last October, I believe it was.

We was going to hold a tent service off at this college town, and we got there about dinnertime on Saturday. Different ones of us thought that we ought to get us a mouthful to eat before we set up the tent.

So we got off the truck and followed this little bunch of people through this small little bitty patch of woods there, and we come up on a big sign. It says, “Get Something to Eat Here.”

I went up and got me two hot dogs and a big orange drink, and before I could take a mouthful of that food, this whole raft of people come up around me and got me to where I couldn’t eat nothing, up like, and I dropped my big orange drink. I did.

Well, friends, they commenced to move, and there wasn’t so much that I could do but move with them.

Well, we commenced to go through all kinds of doors and gates and I don’t know what-all, and I looked up over one of ’em and it says, “North Gate.” We kept on a-going through there, and pretty soon we come up on a young boy and he says, “Ticket, please.”

And I says, “Friend, I don’t have a ticket; I don’t even know where it is that I’m a-going!” I did.

Well, he says, “Come out as quick as you can.”

And I says, “I’ll do ’er; I’ll turn right around the first chance I get.”

Well, we kept on a-moving through there, and pretty soon everybody got where it was that they was a-going, because they parted and I could see pretty good. I could. And what I seen was this whole raft of people a-sittin’ on these two banks and a-lookin’ at one another across this pretty little green cow pasture. Well, they was.

Somebody had took and drawed white lines all over it and drove posts in it, and I don’t know what-all, and I looked down there, and I seen five or six convicts a-running up and down and a-blowing whistles. They was. And then I looked down there, I seen these pretty girls wearin’ these little bitty short dresses and a-dancing around, and so I sit down and thought I’d see what it was that was a-going to happen. I did.

About the time I got set down good, I looked down there and I seen 30 or 40 men come a-runnin’ out of one end of a great big outhouse down there. They did. And everybody where I was a-settin’ got up and hollered! And about that time, 30 or 40 come runnin’ out of the other end of that outhouse, and the other bank-full, they got up and hollered.

And I asked this fella that was a sittin’ beside of me, “Friend, what is it that they’re a-hollerin’ for?”

Well, he whopped me on the back and he says, “Buddy, have a drink!” “Well,” I says, “I believe I will have another big orange.” And I got it and set back down.

When I got there again I seen that them men had got in two little bitty bunches down there real close together, and they voted. They did. They voted and elected one man apiece, and them two men come out in the middle of that cow pasture and shook hands like they hadn’t seen one another in a long time.

Then a convict come over to where they was a-standin’, and he took out a quarter, and they commenced to odd man right there! They did. After a while I seen what it was they was odd-manning for. It was that both bunches-full of them men wanted this funny-lookin’ little punkin to play with. They did.

And I know, friends, that they couldn’t eat it because they kicked it the whole evenin’ and it never busted.

But, anyhow, what I was telling was, both bunches-full wanted that thing. One bunch got it and it made the other bunch just as mad as they could be! Friends, I seen that evenin’ the awfulest fight that I have ever seen in all my life! I did!

They would run at one another and kick one another and throw one another down and stomp on one another and grind their feet in one another and I don’t know what-all and just as fast as one of ’em would get hurt, they’d tote him off and run another one on!

Well, they done that as long as I set there, but pretty soon this boy that had said “Ticket, please,” he come up to me and he says, “Friend, you’re gonna have to leave because it is that you don’t have a ticket.”

And I says, “Well, all right.” And I got up and left.

I don’t know, friends, to this day what it was that they was a-doin’ down there, but I have studied about it. I think it was that it’s some kindly of a contest where they see which bunch-full of them men can take that punkin and run from one end of that cow pasture to the other without gettin’ knocked down or steppin’ in somethin’.

• Hook 'Em 2

Not sure it needs to be done for ULM, but here's a preview:

1) Their defense was ass last year.  The secondary is definitely the weak link, but there was also no strength.  It's a nickel hybrid based out of a 3-4.

2) Their offense was better than the stats show last year, and it will be improved.  They juggled QBs early until ultimately landing on the younger guy who is solid for Sun Belt football and should be improved this year.  Their best and best-named player last year was WR Boogie Knight. He's a small shifty slot in his 5th year.  KSU transfer Tyrone Howell is expected to be a leading target this year.  Their TE is also a consistent receiver when he gets looks.

Their OL is not good.  OTs are turnstiles, and their starting LT maybe would be 3rd center for us.  If we don't get simple 1on1 pressures this game, it's not going to happen.

3) This team was terrible last year, but they were much better than the year before. The other Bowden is in his second year now and should be expecting to improve again and challenging for a bowl game.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

https://collegefootballnews.com/2022/08/ulm-warhawks-preview-2022-season-prediction-breakdown-key-games-players

Season preview of UL-M

Spoiler

There were too many problems on third downs, the downfield passing attack wasn’t there, and the offensive line was a turnstile. However, the offense had a few decent moments and there’s just enough experience back to be better.

The offensive line has the be a LOT better, and it has to do it without left tackle Willie Tyler off to Rutgers. Two starters are back and there’s a little help from the transfer portal with Zarian McGill an important get at center.

The running game didn’t have any room to move, but the two main backs return. Andrew Henry led the team with 482 yards and four scores, and Malik Jackson ran for 451 yards and added more burst. Jackson, though, will likely work mostly at receiver after flirting with the transfer portal.

This should be Chandler Rogers’ show to run – he likely won’t be splitting time like he did last year. The sophomore was third on the team in rushing and led the was with 1,311 passing yards with nine touchdowns and three picks.

The delightfully-named Boogie Knight earned All-Sun Belt status as the team’s leading receiver, but he’s not alone with most of the top targets back for Rogers to spread it around. That includes TE Zach Rasmussen – three of his catches went for touchdowns.

ULM Warhawks Preview 2022: Defense

The offense struggled, and the defense didn’t do a whole lot to help. There wasn’t enough push into the backfield, and the pass defense was among the worst in the country, but the group did a decent job of taking the ball away and wasn’t totally awful against the run.

The linebacking corps in the 4-2-5 has a thumper in Zack Woodard. If he doesn’t lead the team in tackles, he’ll be close, Quae Drake adds some experience and hitting ability on the outside, and the hope is for Harding transfer Carl Glass to work in a hybrid role like another safety on the field.

The front four might be one of the teams earlier strengths. There’s good size, and what the depth lacks in experience it makes up for in bulk. Top end Ty Shelby is done. but the tackle combination of Caleb Thomas and Quincy Ledet should be able to hold up.

The secondary struggled, so losing corner Josh Newton to TCU and S Nick Roberts to SMU isn’t that massive. However, this group needs to find playmakers in a big hurry. It’s not a total do-over, but it’s not far off around third-leading tackler Jabari Johnson.

ULM Warhawks: Key To The 2022 Offense

Be more effective running the ball.

It all starts with being able to keep defenses out of the backfield on a regular basis.

Last year’s Warhawk offensive front allowed 39 sacks and 104 tackles for loss, and it all led to big problems on third downs, stalled drives, and a passing game that had to force things. For now, just blasting away a bit better on early downs for the ground game would make a big difference.

ULM doesn’t have to start cranking out 200 yards a game – it hasn’t rushed for 200 since the end of the 2019 season – but it has to start averaging more than four yards per carry. That has happened just four times over the last 22 games.

ULM Warhawks: Key To The 2022 Defense

The pass defense has to be more effective.

That might be tough with a revamped secondary, but the pass rush should be just good enough to help the cause.

Last year’s pass defense got ripped to shreds, allowing 289 yards per game, over eight yards per pass, and allowed 240 yards or more against everyone but Liberty and Louisiana – oddly enough.

Overall the defense wasn’t all that bad in scoring D late last season, but it can’t give up big yards – the O won’t be able to keep up.

ULM Warhawks: Key Player To The 2022 Season

OT Victor Cutler, Soph.

Is he ready to be a factor on the outside? The 6-3, 292-pounder is more of a natural center, but the Warhawks might have come up with the answer for the position through the transfer portal.

Cutler might technically be a sophomore, but this is his fourth year, and he’s going to get every shot to take over for Willie Tyler. If he’s great, that makes a whole lot of things easier.

ULM Warhawks: Key Transfer

WR Tyrone Howell, Sr.

The Warhawk offense needs more dangerous receiving weapons and more deep threats. It has veterans, and it has a No. 1 guy in Boogie Knight and several options back in the mix. However, the 6-2, 202-pound Kansas State transfer might just be the breakout downfield playmaker.

He only caught seven passes for 98 yards last year for the Wildcats, but he’ll make an already decent situation even better.

20 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Not sure it needs to be done for ULM, but here's a preview:

1) Their defense was ass last year.  The secondary is definitely the weak link, but there was also no strength.  It's a nickel hybrid based out of a 3-4.

2) Their offense was better than the stats show last year, and it will be improved.  They juggled QBs early until ultimately landing on the younger guy who is solid for Sun Belt football and should be improved this year.  Their best and best-named player last year was WR Boogie Knight. He's a small shifty slot in his 5th year.  KSU transfer Tyrone Howell is expected to be a leading target this year.  Their TE is also a consistent receiver when he gets looks.

Their OL is not good.  OTs are turnstiles, and their starting LT maybe would be 3rd center for us.  If we don't get simple 1on1 pressures this game, it's not going to happen.

3) This team was terrible last year, but they were much better than the year before. The other Bowden is in his second year now and should be expecting to improve again and challenging for a bowl game.

Boogie Knight? Seriously?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3