2022 Texans: That’s the Power of Lovie

The Earl of Texas

2 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Agree and that is something I would have never thought. Mills has looked like shit. Pep Hamilton’s offense is a joke and is fucking archaic compared to modern NFL offenses. The routes that the WRs are running are not helping Mills one bit. One of Mills’ strengths is the deep ball and they’re doing nothing to stretch the field. Waste of an afternoon watching that crap.

Do we have any WRs capable of stretching the field. I give both your nuts if we could somehow get Bijan, Worthy, Ewers, and Banks in the next 3 drafts.

3 hours ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Mills has been awful, no other way to say it.

He's tanking pretty good. I thought that's what they got em starting for. Colts have two better backup QBs lol.

Get a top 4 pick overall next 4 years the Toxins should be about ready to compete with the Jags

confused-jaguars-fan.gif

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Do we have any WRs capable of stretching the field. I give both your nuts if we could somehow get Bijan, Worthy, Ewers, and Banks in the next 3 drafts.

It would definitely make the Texans my favorite team, no way they would get local guys though. They passed on VY and will always make dumb front office decisions it seems. Always.

Just now, Zeus said:

It would definitely make the Texans my favorite team, no way they would get local guys though. They passed on VY and will always make dumb front office decisions it seems. Always.

You need to get over the Young thing. The Texans took the right player, he clearly had the best career between Young, Bush, and Williams.

Young was a bust in the NFL due to a lot of personal issues he still struggles with today.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

You need to get over the Young thing. The Texans took the right player, he clearly had the best career between Young, Bush, and Williams.

Young was a bust in the NFL due to a lot of personal issues he still struggles with today.

you’re a fucking moron. VY would have  owned that town. The Texans always have been and always will be shit

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Never

Young got ruined by Jeff Fisher and being in Tennessee.

The Texans had no offensive line and a shell shocked QB. Young would've been the perfect fit to force rushers to stay in their lanes and maybe with an innovative offensive scheme could have balled out in his home town.

I know that's a lot of maybes but just because he was a bust (after winning rookie of the year) Mario Williams was not that great and always hurt anyway.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Young would have flamed out just like he did with the Texans and Eagles. I love what he did at Texas, but he was a complete bust in the NFL.

Bullshit. He had a piece of shit HC actively sabotaging him who then blackballed him. His numbers improved every year he started. He never got a real shot at QB 1 for another team because of said piece of shit coach. 

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

My hope for a bunch of competitive losses is coming to fruition. Mills isn’t the answer and they need a top draft pick for a QB next draft. 

This is where I am; I want to see young guys develop and see some lower draft picks turn into role players, but nothings getting turned around without a real QB. I don’t fault Mills for who he is and I don’t fault Caserio for taking a 3rd round flyer on the guy, but best-case at this point is a bunch of close losses and hello CJ Stroud…

Two things:

1. Mills is not good. This is not an OLine issue. Indecisive, holding ball too long, waiting for guys to come open instead of throwing them open, can’t make the ‘difficult’ throws. Ok player but not going to be a good or great player.

2. Surprisingly, a lot of the other pieces of this team are looking very good. Another very generous draft, which hopefully includes an elite offensive lineman, and a quarterback we can work with, and the rebuild will be looking great.

22 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

It would never happen, but the smart move would be to tank the season and then convince Payton to take over by giving him complete control.

Would be good because Peyton is the kind of guy who wouldn’t work with anyone but the best (scouts, assistants, evaluators, coaches, etc), and in turnt he best want to work with him, but we’re too new with Caserio to do it. I also agree that we wouldn’t do it, because we don’t run a top flight organization. This is something that Pittsburgh or Kansas City or Denver etc would do.

Hopefully Caserio turns out to be great. If watching the Astros recent rise to all time greatness, and the Rockets recent collapse, could teach you anything, it is a great GM is the first step to success and a bad GM is your first step towards putting a fat cock in your mouth NTTAWWT.

Edited by The Earl of Texas

I’m a little surprised that they have been this bad. I never thought Mills was a franchise QB, but possibly a guy you could win with if you had a good supporting cast and coaching. Well, it’s fairly clear that Mills isn’t that. So they should embrace the tank and roll the dice on a franchise QB with the #1 pick. I don’t know anything about the QB’s coming out this year. Are there any true franchise guys? Is it Young from Bama?

1 hour ago, Hate said:

I’m a little surprised that they have been this bad. I never thought Mills was a franchise QB, but possibly a guy you could win with if you had a good supporting cast and coaching. Well, it’s fairly clear that Mills isn’t that. So they should embrace the tank and roll the dice on a franchise QB with the #1 pick. I don’t know anything about the QB’s coming out this year. Are there any true franchise guys? Is it Young from Bama?

QBs are sort of a crap chute. Kyler and Mayfield were #1s.. 

Allen and Herbert were top ten

Then again burrow was #1 pick

It just seems risky to go strait for QB. You need to build talent and be 2 years away, then go after a QB. They are 5 years away right now, need to get lucky on a QB but just focus on OL/DL/CB until they have a decent team to surround a young QB.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Dumb personal foul on Jags.

Ridiculous

On 3rd and 20, and the play was already blown dead, the DUMB personal foul penalty extends Texans drive instead of resulting in  a punt.

Texans go on to score go ahead TD, and lead 13-6 with only 3:11 left in the 4th quarter.

JAGS are just Dumb... Dumb... Dumb 

17 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

Jack Easterby gone…

Kinda weird move. Lovie was also a weird hire. But they have great cap space for 2023 and got a haul for DW. I mean most acknowledged this was a rebuilding year and there wasn’t much in way of talent on that roster. But those prosperity Christians will don’t accept the bad times well at all. It’s an odd move to happen right now given he brought in Caserio and engineered certain things.