Top Posters In This Topic

• crash_davis

• nnm

• Armybrat

• Message Board User

42 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Aidy Bryant Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

^

Hits close to home, literally.  We live on a cul-de-sac which is actually off of another cul-de-sac, which is off of a dead-end road.  And every fucking Tuesday for some reason is "White People Day" in my neighborhood.  For some stupid fucking reason, everybody schedules their lawn crews and handymen and cleaning ladies on that day when our bins get picked up.  And after these trash guys deal with three streets of bullshit, they get to mine and every fucking goddamn bin is blocked in by a half dozen work trucks and maid toyotas.  and being the one fucking guy who knows how to DIY shit for himself, I pull mine and many of my neighbors bins a little semi-circle in front of the vehicles so tha truck/claw can get them all quickly and get out easily.  And every year as a thank-you, they bring me new non-stinky bins at no-charge, off the books plus they look the other way when I throw out shit like motor oil, cleaning rags with stain/paint, and even the occasional squirrel.  

tip your trashmen this holiday season, folks.  You literally never know when you're gonna need help getting rid of a dead body.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

I mean, I dunno.  Obviously other animals/insects/birds will feed on them as is the circle of life, Simba.  But it's just this rotting shitshow on asphalt for a few days that I could do without.  We live on a fair-sized creek and I've disposed of snakes, raccoons, birds, squirrels, possum, coyotes, and cats.  You're supposed to call Austin Wildlife or Animal Control or whatever the fuck since we live so close to downtown.  But they take two fucking weeks.  I can't deal with that rotting smell for that long.  So yeah, make friends with trash guy, get a nice shovel, and greet the day with a smile.  

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

^

Hits close to home, literally.  We live on a cul-de-sac which is actually off of another cul-de-sac, which is off of a dead-end road.  And every fucking Tuesday for some reason is "White People Day" in my neighborhood.  For some stupid fucking reason, everybody schedules their lawn crews and handymen and cleaning ladies on that day when our bins get picked up.  And after these trash guys deal with three streets of bullshit, they get to mine and every fucking goddamn bin is blocked in by a half dozen work trucks and maid toyotas.  and being the one fucking guy who knows how to DIY shit for himself, I pull mine and many of my neighbors bins a little semi-circle in front of the vehicles so tha truck/claw can get them all quickly and get out easily.  And every year as a thank-you, they bring me new non-stinky bins at no-charge, off the books plus they look the other way when I throw out shit like motor oil, cleaning rags with stain/paint, and even the occasional squirrel.  

tip your trashmen this holiday season, folks.  You literally never know when you're gonna need help getting rid of a dead body.

image.jpeg.99ec791dbff632d214ff5463b8718e9a.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

58 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Improper disposal of motor oil is a dick move.

You're thinking of an automobile or truck when I typed "motor oil."  understandable rookie mistake.  The stuff I dispose of is from a motor, but not a passenger vehicle.  I walk a different path that requires discretion

21 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Improper disposal of motor oil is a dick move.

Back in c. 1987, my wife and I lived in an apartment in the area that is now Valley Ranch. One day I drove by some classy aggy changing his oil in the parking lot. When I returned, he was pouring the used oil down a storm drain a ways away from his vehicle. I had already noticed his 12th Man Foundation window sticker, so I rolled down my window and asked him, “What the hell are you doing? Are you gotdam aggy or something?”

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
Speling
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 12/5/2023 at 12:02 PM, YGIFS said:

^

I always tip the trash collectors $20 each when they roll by before Christmas.

Not inside a card envelope either, just a crisp Jackson directly into each man’s gloved hand so they don’t have to deal with another bit of trash.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

I always tip the trash collectors $20 each when they roll by before Christmas.
Not inside a card envelope either, just a crisp Jackson directly into each man’s gloved hand so they don’t have to deal with another bit of trash.
You also tipped $ 20 each for my 7 man crew when we re-roofed you years back.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2