• Replies 36.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crash_davis

• nnm

• Armybrat

• Message Board User

I've worked on convention E&P deals and now a renewable energy deal, and my opinion on EV's is simple.  Free market.  If people want to buy an EV or a Hybrid, let 'em and let's the rest of us quit bitching about it.  They've a long way to go, just as hydrocarbon powered internal combustion vehicles did the first 20+ years they existed.  We're a damn smart species but it takes time to figure out energy and power even for us.  I drive a gas guzzling truck right now and use it for all kinda chorin'.  But our next vehicle will likely be an SUV hybrid for my wife.  But yeah in the meantime, I got a bad feeling as pointed out in the last few posts---there's some gonna be some owners/firefighters/et. al. that years down the road, like troops that did burn-pit duty in the military overseas that have long-term effects from some of the shit they were exposed to and that's a fucking crime.  

To bring it back to LOL-space.  I forgot to mention, so the Cybertruck designer guy (helluva nice guy FTR), they're relatively new to town (Elon recruited him at 3am from Detroit to come to Austin the next day to finish the transition plan for mass production on the assembly line.  So they go to our church and then I see the wife at our elementary school's Kinder roundup the other day.  And wife and I are chatting with her and she insists that we borrow one of the trucks for a few hours to drive one of these days and I say 'absolutely, would love to check it out.'  And she jokes how they're indestcructable so she's not worried.  And I joke about my insurance not covering testing that theory, haha small talk.  But I'm gonna take her up on it, and she says something like well we have the two as you've seen so just come take one this weekend.  And then something like, "Only thing is leave it parked tip-to-tip with the other one." And my wife immediately knows what I'm gonna say and gives me this scowl, "Yes, I believe they call that Docking."  And we were NOT laughing...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

You want a picture of me docking?  sickie.  

I will, I think we're gonna do it over Spring Break because my SiL and her husband are coming into town and he's fascinated with them.  I think you're in Austin IIRC, they're off Thousand Oaks.  Don't need to doxx their address 'cause it's the house with the two Cybertrucks cock-fighting in the driveway.  The girls want to go but I don't want to buckle in carseats 'n shit and fuck up their interior.  So gonna go with BiL and tool around.  I wanna open it up on the highway and then maybe go pull some donuts at Barton Creek Square or something.  I dunno what the fuck to do with the thing.  Maybe illegally dump some oak branches or? 

On 2/22/2024 at 5:17 PM, HiggyBaby said:

c9884aac6e794adfa186d010d7ffcadc.jpg
Someone doesn’t want to let the 80s go

I can still smell the inside of that car and hear the twang of the am radio riding around with my dad back in the day. That was a sweet ass car. Right in the nostalgia!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I dunno what the fuck to do with the thing.  Maybe illegally dump some oak branches or? 

You could always throw south austin’s mom in the back and make a few bucks. 

2 hours ago, 52-80 said:

twitter says it “violates the x rules”…

yeah, THAT violates the rules. 🙄

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, nnm said:

Go talk to a firefighter about EVs. My son in law is a paramedic/firefighter and he gets really wound up whenever the topic is raised. What he says is that they are almost impossible to extinguish and emit highly toxic fumes during the burning process, requiring firefighters to fully suit up with containment breathing apparatus or potentially be permanently debilitated. Not fun in Texas in the summer.  He also says Teslas are the worst because their batteries line a much bigger portion of the car.

I’m not personally anti-ev, but I don’t think we’ve really fully appreciated the long-term consequences of the rush to full evs (as opposed to much more sensible hybrids).

And yeah, I read the Stephen King book Christine, but never saw the movie. I was freaked out for a long time. 

Was at a Harley dealership getting a minor repair on my bike last fall and they had a semi full of Harley Livewires out for folks to test ride.  

I was curious so I went over to talk w/ one of the salesmen and ride one.   As I was signing the waivers to go ride, the salesman told me that if I happened to lay it down do not try to pick it up and get at least 50 feet from it b/c of the potential of fire and explosion. 

I rode it and it was a blast to ride but I'm not buying anything that could go Hollywood if I have to lay it down. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

16 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I've worked on convention E&P deals and now a renewable energy deal, and my opinion on EV's is simple.  Free market.  If people want to buy an EV or a Hybrid, let 'em and let's the rest of us quit bitching about it.  They've a long way to go, just as hydrocarbon powered internal combustion vehicles did the first 20+ years they existed.  We're a damn smart species but it takes time to figure out energy and power even for us.  I drive a gas guzzling truck right now and use it for all kinda chorin'.  But our next vehicle will likely be an SUV hybrid for my wife.  But yeah in the meantime, I got a bad feeling as pointed out in the last few posts---there's some gonna be some owners/firefighters/et. al. that years down the road, like troops that did burn-pit duty in the military overseas that have long-term effects from some of the shit they were exposed to and that's a fucking crime.  

To bring it back to LOL-space.  I forgot to mention, so the Cybertruck designer guy (helluva nice guy FTR), they're relatively new to town (Elon recruited him at 3am from Detroit to come to Austin the next day to finish the transition plan for mass production on the assembly line.  So they go to our church and then I see the wife at our elementary school's Kinder roundup the other day.  And wife and I are chatting with her and she insists that we borrow one of the trucks for a few hours to drive one of these days and I say 'absolutely, would love to check it out.'  And she jokes how they're indestcructable so she's not worried.  And I joke about my insurance not covering testing that theory, haha small talk.  But I'm gonna take her up on it, and she says something like well we have the two as you've seen so just come take one this weekend.  And then something like, "Only thing is leave it parked tip-to-tip with the other one." And my wife immediately knows what I'm gonna say and gives me this scowl, "Yes, I believe they call that Docking."  And we were NOT laughing...

This did not make me LOL.

• Haha 1