Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, I personally think NIL is going to ruin college football, along with the portal and some other shit coming down the pike.

Ewers has always been curiously disengaged.  He's not a fiery dude, at all.  It's somewhat surprising that he seems to elevate the play of those around him, including the defense, at least compared to Card, and Thompson for that matter.

This is my key point that I am making in this and the other thread. This guy has been paid millions without proving he deserves it beyond the NIL arms race. Some guys get paid that much money and check out because they don’t need anything else. 

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Bro, he had a historically bad performance. Yeah he's a freshman and he's going to falter some but his head coach hung him out to fucking dry tonight. 

<picture of Vince Young on his knees after scoring 0 pts vs Oklahoma in 2004>

Quinn is essentially a true freshman playing his 4th game and his first true road game 

Edited by Michael Knight
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

This is my key point that I am making in this and the other thread. This guy has been paid millions without proving he deserves it beyond the NIL arms race. Some guys get paid that much money and check out because they don’t need anything else. 

You think about it, a lot of these kids are motivated by the NFL, getting drafted, getting big contracts.  Who needs that shit anymore?

Is Ewers a typically affluent Southlake kid or nah?   Maybe he's never really played for anything but accolades and then to get money in the end.  His leaving HS early, and quitting OSU made me wonder about him.  That's kind of par for the course these days, but geesh.

And he fucking looks like he rolled out of Spicoli's van, for fuck's sake.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

There were like 4 drives after it got out of hand. What is the purpose of giving him the experience of the rough road game if we lose the fucking game? Bijan and Roschon can’t do it all if everyone knows that the quarterback is coming down and can’t make a pass.

Bijan and Roschon also can't do it all if you don't give them the opportunity to do anything. Roschon had 0 carries in the second half. Zero.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

You think about it, a lot of these kids are motivated by the NFL, getting drafted, getting big contracts.  Who needs that shit anymore?

Is Ewers a typically affluent Southlake kid or nah?   Maybe he's never really played for anything but accolades and then to get money in the end.  His leaving HS early, and quitting OSU made me wonder about him.  That's kind of par for the course these days, but geesh.

Quinn's family is very wealthy, and that is before anything he's made in NIL

1 minute ago, Aslan24 said:

Bijan and Roschon also can't do it all if you don't give them the opportunity to do anything. Roschon had 0 carries in the second half. Zero.

Roschon’s last carry was a 53 yard TD.

why the FUCK are we addicted to hiring coaches who find success and immediately abandon it.

1 minute ago, Michael Knight said:

A bad index finger would be the exact type of thing that would lead to consistent overthrows.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

What's wrong with QE?????

NIL... his fucking lucchese deal, sonic deal, wrangler deal, aston martin deal, "x" deal... whatever. the sumbitch needs to focus on football during the week or gtfo...

He needs to give a shit. 

Oh... btw, mullets are gay as fuck and not cool (nttawwi). Play football well or cut your fucking hair. You look like ridiculous.... unless you win.. 

you win and you can let the fungus grow back on your shower shoes. Point is Bull Durham isn’t an unfair comparison and I got a lot of shit for it. He’s never played much CFB and our HC buried his nose in the playbook while all sorts of shit was happening. I’m sure the presser will be enlightening but if he was hurt there was no evidence of that on the sideline. If he’s overwhelmed it’s totally understandable but he still has a long way it he wants the Qwan in the pros. He’s nothing special in the pros. At all.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

And he fucking looks like he rolled out of Spicoli's van, for fuck's sake.

He’s self styled shit kicker. He’s not impoverished. Just wants the big bucks. I’ve watched the draft for the last decade and have to say there are very few that come from shit places. 

Texas HS players are overrated — they peak too early; Friday Night Lights culture is toxic for further development. They are already spoiled rotten  when they arrive on campus and the combo of high pressure and NIL is only going to make this worse for all but the most driven and mentally sturdy kids.

It used to be you had to at least pretend to have to earn the chance to make millions, bang the hottest chicks, practice and play at top facilities in front of tens of thousands, and drive the coolest cars. Now almost all our blue chips are handed this shit at age 17 or earlier. This is why we keep getting our asses handed to us by teams full of two and three stars and it won’t change unless we ignore the Texas $9.95ers and recruit hungrier kids from off the radar programs in state and out of state. 

sooooo sick of reading about our allegedly superior talent when it’s not showing up on the scoreboard or in NFL players produced. We suck because our players suck. They aren’t as good as advertised when they arrive and most only get worse in Austin and it’s increasingly looking like whoever is coaching is not the main concern. The rot in this state’s football culture is bigger than just the flagship program’s continued suckitude. 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator
  • Rage+1 1

48 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

What's wrong with QE?????

NIL... his fucking lucchese deal, sonic deal, wrangler deal, aston martin deal, "x" deal... whatever. the sumbitch needs to focus on football during the week or gtfo...

He needs to give a shit. 

Oh... btw, mullets are gay as fuck and not cool (nttawwi). Play football well or cut your fucking hair. You look like ridiculous.... unless you win.. 

lol. 

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Sam was most definitely not better than Ewers as a freshman. 

why do you say that? I hate QE's sidearm motion, the mark of someone with terrible mechanics.  His accuracy is just awful.  We'll see next week @ KSU who has clearly inferior athletes to OK State, but we'll see. 

• Fuck You 1

25 minutes ago, Modessit said:

Was he throwing to the wrong spot or were WRs  fucking up??  Ewers was off, yes, but I think some of those "bad throws" were actually the right throw but the receiver didn't make the same read.

Ewers was off.  But WRs were fuckin' up too.  Not sure why Quinn didn't just look for JT and Whittington more.

Gotta say Coach Marion is not getting younger WRs ready fast enough...

11 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Colt and Sam were better as FR. 

the same Sam everyone said sucked and should never start again as a freshman? Or the Colt McCoy who got injured his first 2 years losing to Kansasa State and Aggy, the Colt people said was maxed out and should be replaced by Jevan Snead?

Edited by Michael Knight
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Texas HS players are overrated — they peak too early; Friday Night Lights culture is toxic for further development. They are already spoiled rotten  when they arrive on campus and the combo of high pressure and NIL is only going to make this worse for all but the most driven and mentally sturdy kids.

It used to be you had to at least pretend to have to earn the chance to make millions, bang the hottest chicks, practice and play at top facilities in front of tens of thousands, and drive the coolest cars. Now almost all our blue chips are handed this shit at age 17 or earlier. This is why we keep getting our asses handed to us by teams full of two and three stars and it won’t change unless we ignore the Texas $9.95ers and recruit hungrier kids from off the radar programs in state and out of state. 

sooooo sick of reading about our allegedly superior talent when it’s not showing up on the scoreboard or in NFL players produced. We suck because our players suck. They aren’t as good as advertised when they arrive and most only get worse in Austin and it’s increasingly looking like whoever is coaching is not the main concern. The rot in this states football culture is bigger than just the flagship program’s country continued suckitude. 

Must be why Texas HS football players struggle in the NFL.

• Hook 'Em 1

Watching live, I chalked it up to a combination of the wind, not being on the same page as the WRs, and Ewers generally playing like shit. 

Don't think I've ever seen that many balls drop right next to open receivers. It must have happened 10 times. Like we brought in someone out of the stands that had never practiced with any of the receivers he was throwing to. Just really strange. 

50 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

sooooo sick of reading about our allegedly superior talent when it’s not showing up on the scoreboard or in NFL players produced. We suck because our players suck. They aren’t as good as advertised when they arrive and most only get worse in the californication of Texas and it’s increasingly looking like whoever is coaching is not the main concern. The rot in this state’s football culture is bigger than just the flagship program’s continued suckitude. 

FIFY

What I don’t get is why there was so much miscommunication. It seemed like we switched the entire playcsll system with all the bad routes and misthrows. It wss so shitty we don’t know if those bad routes were WR mixups or QB mixups or both. But that was a new issue we’ve not seen all year and against a piss-poor defense (well better than ours but that’s not saying anything(

• Hook 'Em 3

40 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Ain't no Texas kid says "pointer finger."

1 minute ago, Wally Pryor said:

Sarkisian was the issue today. and that's entirely correct. 

If you're allowing an abysmal QB to continue playing then you're an abysmal coach. That probably qualifies as being the issue.

What if your backup is pretty abysmal, too?  And your team, including your defense, seems to play like shit when he starts?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

The problem? His personal success off the field had nothing to do with his success on the field. He was the anointed savior before he even threw a pass in an actual college game. 

When you shower some guys with all that right out of the gate, then they lose all their drive. Some are just driven.  Bijan is just driven. He has nothing left to gain off the field but he goes out there and plays like the best player in the nation. 

I haven’t seen any drive out of Quinn. All I’ve seen is a dude with raw talent that just shows up. He’s Baker Mayfield without the chip on his shoulder. Someone needs to piss in Quinn’s cheerios just to see if he gives a shit. 
Agree. Lack of character too. Dude quit on his high school senior class to make sure he didn't risk injury. Worse than Randall "Pink" Floyd, at least Pink decided to play.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, ousuxndallas said:
1 hour ago, Eastwood said:
The problem? His personal success off the field had nothing to do with his success on the field. He was the anointed savior before he even threw a pass in an actual college game. 

When you shower some guys with all that right out of the gate, then they lose all their drive. Some are just driven.  Bijan is just driven. He has nothing left to gain off the field but he goes out there and plays like the best player in the nation. 

I haven’t seen any drive out of Quinn. All I’ve seen is a dude with raw talent that just shows up. He’s Baker Mayfield without the chip on his shoulder. Someone needs to piss in Quinn’s cheerios just to see if he gives a shit. 

Agree. Lack of character too. Dude quit on his high school senior class to make sure he didn't risk injury. Worse than Randall "Pink" Floyd, at least Pink decided to play.

Bijan didn't have NIL for a while, and I don't think it was even really on anyone's radar.  

Ewers has been chasing it from jump.

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

What if your backup is pretty abysmal, too?  And your team, including your defense, seems to play like shit when he starts?

The team was already playing like shit and Card can at least manage a game, which was all that was needed to win by double digits today.

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Bigbend1812 said:

He sucked ass today.  He’s a redshirt freshman.  His wizard head coach did him not favors.    Let this eat at their souls for 2 weeks and improve.   

No favors at all. Sark lost this game with his playcalling, and that's not a takeaway I usually have.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Our backup QB would have won the game today without question. If you don't believe so then you're delusional, hate Card or a combination of both.

I've no vested interest in Card. But what we threw out there today at QB was abysmal, and beyond. Any, any other option than Ewers today would have won the game.

He was that bad. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Just now, Hank_Hill said:

Ewers will be a first round QB in year 3, but today was fucking awful. Freshman moments coming out.

This was the worst game he's had as far as pocket presence and poise. We should have seen more Rojo to kick the OL in the ass. Banks probably played his worst game as a Horn too. Horrible shit overall, and Sark should have seen it and slowed the game down and work to establish the run in any way possible.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet