Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Fucker had money on OSU only explanation.  I’ve never seen a QB at Texas play as bad as he did yesterday. All the fucking connors cases swoops  Gilbert throwing 18 interceptions against k state. None of that looked like yesterday  absolutely lack of effort. No emotion. No give a shit. Nothing no one cared at all 

Here. I didn't think the NIL deals also encompassed taking 6 points from another team but perhaps they do.

Ewers was that bad. 

So it sounds like Ewers wasn't hurt (at least according to him) which is bad and I will go back to my "he has never personally sucked this bad and doesn't mentally know how to work through it" post from last night,

I rewatched a little this morning and the other thing that is very clear.  Quinn needs to hit the weight room and hard this offseason.  When you look at him he's really got a slight build.  He's injury prone.  I recall back to his Jr year at SLC when Keller played SLC.  They knocked him out of the game.  He came back in the game but then proceeded to miss about the next 4-5 weeks (including some early rounds of the playoffs) with what was rumored to be a lower body (I think groin) injury at that time.  Now SLC so outclassed its opponents it didn't really matter, but missed a month or so that season.  Then you get to this season where he missed a month with the clavicle issue, though clearly we are not SLC relative to our opponents.  I think a bit of what we saw yesterday was injury skittishness affecting his throws, not stepping in to them, giving up on a play a tick too soon etc.   I am quite sure in the back of his mind he knows the last two seasons he has played he has missed significant time being injured.  Can't play QB worrying about getting hurt and you are not going to not get hit as a QB so bulk up and be able to withstand a bit more.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Fucker had money on OSU only explanation.  I’ve never seen a QB at Texas play as bad as he did yesterday. All the fucking connors cases swoops  Gilbert throwing 18 interceptions against k state. None of that looked like yesterday  absolutely lack of effort. No emotion. No give a shit. Nothing no one cared at all 

What the hell are you talking about man? We have this exact type game from multiple Texas teams over the past dozen years. Go back and look at those games and come tell you have never seen this before. We didn't lose to Kansas with a QB firing bullets.

• Hook 'Em 2

That overly long post about how it was defensive pressure that caused Quinn to suck and Card wouldn’t have been any better because he holds the ball misses one important thing…

Card also takes off and scrambles, which Quinn refuses to do. 

We would have won yesterday if Sanders refused to scramble because he didn’t want to get hurt 

The downside of these NIL guys is they’re looking out for #1…their draft prospects. I don’t blame them but it definitely affects their game 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

What the hell are you talking about man? We have this exact type game from multiple Texas teams over the past dozen years. Go back and look at those games and come tell you have never seen this before. We didn't lose to Kansas with a QB firing bullets.

How does one go from a 142 rating with mahomes throws (blowU 1st quarter) to yesterday?  has that ever really happened to us before?

11 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

That overly long post about how it was defensive pressure that caused Quinn to suck and Card wouldn’t have been any better because he holds the ball misses one important thing…

Card also takes off and scrambles, which Quinn refuses to do. 

We would have won yesterday if Sanders refused to scramble because he didn’t want to get hurt 

The downside of these NIL guys is they’re looking out for #1…their draft prospects. I don’t blame them but it definitely affects their game 

Quinn had a great run though. Granted it was called back. 

But the basic premise doesn't make any sense. The guys who need to get drafted to get paid at all are going to sell out and not care about the draft, but the guys who are currently getting well paid only care about the draft? How does that work? Well people are irrational, who knows?

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

Man you guys are way off. I don't think Ewers was hurt at all. I think it was a combination of rushed throws because guys were coming completely unblocked and receivers just absolutely dogging it, not willing to help out their guy. That's why I think that the Card thing is silly. Like what was his ball-holding ass gonna do? 

42:00 Ewers lets one go and Worthy makes zero effort to go and get it. Just runs and sees its a little out of his reach and gives up. 

42:35 Bijan goes out into the flat for a pass. On his release the DE runs right past him completely free. If he was looking he would know the ball has to come out quickly and be ready for it. QE throws it in the only place he can as quickly as he can. No help from teammate. Next play I am not sure what route Cain is running but the ball location has to go to his right shoulder or else possibly get picked by the safety. 

112:48 Bijan misses his responsibility and the LB comes completely untouched causing this rushed throw. QE had a shallow crosser but even that would've been tough to get there. This one was on Bijan. 

130:30 The three layer look that someone swore we didn't run. Blitzers comes completely untouched causing QE to have to try and sidearm something around him and hope Whit makes a play. 

132:02 Sanders misses a block. Man in face where QE would throw causes to have to throw around him. Errant throw. 

144:00 Just a complete lack of effort by worthy on the deep ball. Ball lands a little short and to the right of him by two yards. Go get the ball. 

222:55 Ball is high and Worthy is trotting and makes no effort to jump and high point it. 

234:30 Blitz and has to throw it away.

235:25 Ro runs a nice route but isn't expecting the ball which hits him right in the hands and he drops it

244:45  Watch Jones get put on his back causing QE to rush this throw. Even so he knows Worthy has his man over top so he throws it for him to come back to with plenty of air underneath it and as usual Worthy seems uninterested in making a play. 

Ewers was off but if you were paying attention a lot of it was because we were allowing OSU to speed him up/throw it too early, and in some instances he was trying to throw around a free blitzer. Some of you think Card was going to come in and make this stuff going on around him NOT happen. We know Card holds the ball longer than Ewers so he would've been sacked. Secondly, receivers weren't making an effort. Every ball isn't going to be perfectly in stride. Sometimes you have to make a tough catch and we simply didn't. We have to keep QE fairly clean and someone on the receiving corp not named J-Whit has to play with some effort and want to. 

Valid point.  It didn't really look like it because Ewers was getting the ball off, but OSU was getting a lot of incipient pressure.  The exact kind of pressure that turns Card nigh unto useless.

I did a brief rewatch of some offensive plays this morning. I have two questions, still, I want answered by Sark. 

1) Ewers threw away more balls than South Austin’s mom. I can’t remember a QB throwing away so many balls. 
2) No one was running the correct routes. Was this in Ewers or the WRs? Clearly something is amiss because the number of throws when guys broke the other way, guys not even looking at the ball or guys running wide open without a throw leads to a serious fucking issue that wasn’t a thing 3 games ago. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, The Ace of Aces said:

No one was running the correct routes. Was this in Ewers or the WRs? Clearly something is amiss because the number of throws when guys broke the other way, guys not even looking at the ball or guys running wide open without a throw leads to a serious fucking issue that wasn’t a thing 3 games ago. 

I said in another thread that it looked like we grabbed some guy out of the stands with a strong arm and told him to go play. Like Ewers had never practiced in the offense or with these receivers. 

18 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Valid point.  It didn't really look like it because Ewers was getting the ball off, but OSU was getting a lot of incipient pressure.  The exact kind of pressure that turns Card nigh unto useless.

The only thing I thought might have helped was put Card in for at least a few series and run Zone Read and QB draws until OSU proves they can stop it. We probably would have at least picked up a few first downs and given the defense a breather. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I'll say one thing I did not expect to see from Sark is an outright regression of Ewers and the passing game in general. Ewers has gotten worse game over game. Well, I guess not from ULM to Bama, but after that. I think it's fair to say some of the blame lies with the WR's, but it's hard to determine how much and they're still ultimately not on the same page no matter what that percentage looks like.  

The bye week is sorely needed, perhaps they can get back to basics and straighten some of this stuff out. Just very strange.

19 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I said in another thread that it looked like we grabbed some guy out of the stands with a strong arm and told him to go play. Like Ewers had never practiced in the offense or with these receivers. 

I watch wayyyyyy too much football and you never see such disjointed action past JV games. Something is wrong, critically wrong, with the offense. It’s so bad we don’t even know who deserves more of the blame (well aside from the head coach). Worthy looks like he DGAF, maybe that has rubbed off on everyone.  

1 minute ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I watch wayyyyyy too much football and you never see such disjointed action past JV games. Something is wrong, critically wrong, with the offense. It’s so bad we don’t even know who deserves more of the blame (well aside from the head coach). Worthy looks like he DGAF, maybe that has rubbed off on everyone.  

Did someone post any info behind Savion's outburst on the sidelines? It had a feeling of going after coaches for letting some receivers play who obviously didn't seem to be invested in the game.

On 10/22/2022 at 9:48 AM, Irieguy said:

On Nov 12th, 2000 Tony Gonzalez accidentally knocked over and concussed a photographer while going out of bounds. The resulting tests identified an existing cancerous brain tumor. Gonzalez quite literally saved the photographer’s life by knocking him unconscious. 

I saw that episode of The Office too.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Did someone post any info behind Savion's outburst on the sidelines? It had a feeling of going after coaches for letting some receivers play who obviously didn't seem to be invested in the game.

Burton said Red blew an assignment. RPO on 3rd down and Red didn’t run his route, so Quinn had to throw it away. Marion got up in that ass and he freaked out. Based on that Red’s actions were completely out of line 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Man you guys are way off. I don't think Ewers was hurt at all. I think it was a combination of rushed throws because guys were coming completely unblocked and receivers just absolutely dogging it, not willing to help out their guy. That's why I think that the Card thing is silly. Like what was his ball-holding ass gonna do? 

42:00 Ewers lets one go and Worthy makes zero effort to go and get it. Just runs and sees its a little out of his reach and gives up. 

42:35 Bijan goes out into the flat for a pass. On his release the DE runs right past him completely free. If he was looking he would know the ball has to come out quickly and be ready for it. QE throws it in the only place he can as quickly as he can. No help from teammate. Next play I am not sure what route Cain is running but the ball location has to go to his right shoulder or else possibly get picked by the safety. 

112:48 Bijan misses his responsibility and the LB comes completely untouched causing this rushed throw. QE had a shallow crosser but even that would've been tough to get there. This one was on Bijan. 

130:30 The three layer look that someone swore we didn't run. Blitzers comes completely untouched causing QE to have to try and sidearm something around him and hope Whit makes a play. 

132:02 Sanders misses a block. Man in face where QE would throw causes to have to throw around him. Errant throw. 

144:00 Just a complete lack of effort by worthy on the deep ball. Ball lands a little short and to the right of him by two yards. Go get the ball. 

222:55 Ball is high and Worthy is trotting and makes no effort to jump and high point it. 

235:25 Ro runs a nice route but isn't expecting the ball which hits him right in the hands and he drops it

244:45  Watch Jones get put on his back causing QE to rush this throw. Even so he knows Worthy has his man over top so he throws it for him to come back to with plenty of air underneath it and as usual Worthy seems uninterested in making a play. 

Ewers was off but if you were paying attention a lot of it was because we were allowing OSU to speed him up/throw it too early, and in some instances he was trying to throw around a free blitzer. Some of you think Card was going to come in and make this stuff going on around him NOT happen. We know Card holds the ball longer than Ewers so he would've been sacked. Secondly, receivers weren't making an effort. Every ball isn't going to be perfectly in stride. Sometimes you have to make a tough catch and we simply didn't. We have to keep QE fairly clean and someone on the receiving corp not named J-Whit has to play with some effort and want to. 

Worthy has been showing poor ball tracking (charitable interpretation) or poor effort (less charitable) on deep balls on and off all season, across both QB’s. He needs to clean that up if he is going to be the high round NFL pick he wants to be.  

Well here is the deal with that: if we have a guy who is supposedly a generational type talent and can't make him work then what are we even doing here? Who would want to come play for us if we cannot even coach up a 5 star? I think we kind of need to make this Ewers thing work. Now I guess if he strings together a series of games like this one then we will have to come to terms with the fact that we can't take a generational talent and win. We cannot even do that. So yeah come on recruits, come to the place that turns gold into shit.
If Ewers fails here, that is a much bigger condemnation on us than him, especially given our longstanding history of five start players one star culture. It is not like he would be some weird aberration. This is what we do.
Texas has to prove they can coach a top player to greatness, not five star players prove they can make it. They do that all over the country.

I don’t disagree. My point is really let him play and prove it on the field. One quarter versus Bama is not that. A horrid OU is not that.

He’s young. Probably some football dumb. Inexperienced. Has never fought through adversity as a college player.

He’s had more “wow” misses than “wow” throws the last several weeks. Yeah, there are instances in which his teammates haven’t helped.

I’m not even sure pulling him yesterday was the right thing. I always defer to screens and jet sweeps. Keilan and Whitt had one catch each. Those are go to weapons when struggling. OSU is disciplined but they didn’t have to defend the whole field. That’s on Sark. Again.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Worthy has been showing poor ball tracking (charitable interpretation) or poor effort (less charitable) on deep balls on and off all season, across both QB’s. He needs to clean that up if he is going to be the high round NFL pick he wants to be.  

Meh, the NFL will look at workout and measurables to make their decision. They see the quality of coaching.

But more importantly, Worthy can be that way because he's out there every play for every game unless he is hurt. What is he losing by displaying poor effort? Damn sure not playing time.

8 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

Remember when Quinn was a bad ass QB?  That was pretty cool for a few games.

He will be. I think this is an old story. New talented QB comes in and lights up the world. People are in awe. They project NCs and Super Bowl wins. Then DCs get some tape and start to see where the holes and his tendencies are in his game. Now it’s time for Quinn to adjust. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

There's no basis for 75% of the shit posted on this board.  It's just speculation.
I think Card probably should have been given a go.  But seems about half this game of football is fucking superstition and Card is definitely limited and there is no guarantee he would have changed anything.

As I think about it, 75% may be low. But fair enough.

To me it’s not a Card/Ewers deal because we’ve seen similar offensive failings over two seasons with 3 different QBs. Seven Win Steve. We have tremendous weapons that we too often forget exist. Roschon, Keilan and Whitt had one touch I believe in the 2nd half. OCs can make the game easy for a QB when struggling but Sark didn’t. It is very easy to get the ball in those guys hands.
  • Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, Red Five said:

It almost seems like he's not going to make a play on any ball that doesn't hit him perfectly in the hands in stride.

this is what ive been noticing this season. our wrs cant track the ball worth a fuck and put themselves out of position with terrible adjustments on the ball. 

quinn fucking sucked last night, no doubt, but he also didnt get any help from anyone (wrs, coaches, o line, etc).

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

He will be. I think this is an old story. New talented QB comes in and lights up the world. People are in awe. They project NCs and Super Bowl wins. Then DCs get some tape and start to see where the holes and his tendencies are in his game. Now it’s time for Quinn to adjust. 

By adjust you mean he should stop lofting moon balls to the sidelines and maybe try and work through his progressions while throwing an accurate pass?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Guy looks like a freshman and folks are upvoting this trash. Fuck off.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

get out of here with that bullshit, he obviously has 6 broken fingers on his throwing hand and money on Okie State

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

We've had a LOT worse pass blocking games.  Pressure was probably worse every single game last year and QBs didn't miss their receivers by 20 yards.  You must be the same people who kept trying to say Charlie Strong was a good coach despite all evidence to the contrary.  Ewers may end up being a really good QB, but he had one of the worst performances in Texas history yesterday.

I don't know why, but Ewers was historically awful.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

How does one go from a 142 rating with mahomes throws (blowU 1st quarter) to yesterday?  has that ever really happened to us before?

This is what is puzzling me the most.  How does he go from “oh he’s probably the #1 overall pick in the 2024 draft to “should have replaced him with the qb we were happy to hit the bench”

how does he go from making pinpoint accurate passes to throwing YARDS off.  Even without really knowing if Ewers and the WRs weren’t on the same page or whatever you could see the difference in the throws.  He went from the ball looking like it was supernaturally launched from his hand 2 weeks ago to looking like he just learned to throw a few days ago.  Mind boggling. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Dang are we aggy now?

56 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Burton said Red blew an assignment. RPO on 3rd down and Red didn’t run his route, so Quinn had to throw it away. Marion got up in that ass and he freaked out. Based on that Red’s actions were completely out of line 

Why are we leaving critical 3rd plays up to true freshman?  

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

You forgot the part where his supposed fans say he’s throwing games and doesn’t care.

• Rage+1 1

Worthy always shows a lack of effort/concern
if you get him a perfect throw he’ll catch it. But he’s not laying out or jumping up and exposing himself to a hit or anything 
Worthy’s biggest concern is Worthy. Not Texas winning football games 
Worthy is Roger Dorn thinking about endorsement deals and life after playing. Sark needs to piss on any NIL contracts he has. He even loafed on that tater tot catch.

This is what is puzzling me the most.  How does he go from “oh he’s probably the #1 overall pick in the 2024 draft to “should have replaced him with the qb we were happy to hit the bench”
how does he go from making pinpoint accurate passes to throwing YARDS off.  Even without really knowing if Ewers and the WRs weren’t on the same page or whatever you could see the difference in the throws.  He went from the ball looking like it was supernaturally launched from his hand 2 weeks ago to looking like he just learned to throw a few days ago.  Mind boggling. 

I’m wondering the same. And the moonballs on deep throws make zero sense at all.
  • Hook 'Em 1

The Dick riders that continue to make excuses are the same ones that cheer moral victories. There was zero fucking emotion out of anyone yesterday. These fuckers don’t care if they win or lose. There’s no pissed off anger. There’s I over threw you by 15 fucking yards lol oops.    Oh he’s a freshman   Meanwhile their freshman jags shit all over us yesterday lol  some of y’all hate accountability 

Edited by Sgt Hulk
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, Modessit said:
5 hours ago, MotownHorn said:
Worthy always shows a lack of effort/concern
if you get him a perfect throw he’ll catch it. But he’s not laying out or jumping up and exposing himself to a hit or anything 
Worthy’s biggest concern is Worthy. Not Texas winning football games 

Worthy is Roger Dorn thinking about endorsement deals and life after playing. Sark needs to piss on any NIL contracts he has. He even loafed on that tater tot catch.

Alight, we need someone to fuck Worthy's wife. Wait damn he's not married. OK, new plan...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sgt Hulk said:

The Dick riders that continue to make excuses are the same ones that cheer morale victories. There was zero fucking emotion out of anyone yesterday. These fuckers don’t care if they win or lose. There’s no pissed off anger. There’s I over threw you by 15 fucking yards lol oops.    Oh he’s a freshman   Meanwhile their freshman jags shit all over us yesterday lol  some of y’all hate accountability 

Keyboard warrior wants it more than the players that devote their entire lives to it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet