Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

20 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I watch wayyyyyy too much football and you never see such disjointed action past JV games. Something is wrong, critically wrong, with the offense. It’s so bad we don’t even know who deserves more of the blame (well aside from the head coach). Worthy looks like he DGAF, maybe that has rubbed off on everyone.  

If I am targeted over a dozen times and only 5 balls are in the neighborhood I may become disgusted during the game.

18 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

People wanted Vince to move to wide receiver and Chance Mock had to bail him out at home against Tech in 2003.  Quinn played poorly but tried to put the team on his back at the end like Sam, like Colt, like Vince, etc.  It didn’t work out, but it isn’t his fault the refs fucked us on a phantom hold. We’ll finish 8-4 and next year I hope we run it up on these teams every chance we get.  Make this bitch ass conference look like the relegation league it is.

Where have I seen 8  & 4 and next year is the year and we will steam roll teams once we mature. I know where that has been a theme for 20+ years. Lets just say our coach has not figured it out and probably won"t because even in your example there was a QB change. New coach 2024, actually I hope not but reality is once a coach shows his warts they are here to stay and consistently falling apart in second halfs is unsustainable.

I've watched Quin since he was a Sophomore in HS and have never seen him throw the ball anywhere close to as poorly as he did Saturday.  

Don't think there is anyway he threw the game,  but he may have been hurt and didn't tell anybody I just don't know.  

Sark should have pulled him.  Had Card been put in at the start of the 4th qtr.  we win by 2 scores.  

Quin's the future of the team and should keep improving this year and be ready for a good run next year.  

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Where have I seen 8  & 4 and next year is the year and we will steam roll teams once we mature. I know where that has been a theme for 20+ years. Lets just say our coach has not figured it out and probably won"t because even in your example there was a QB change. New coach 2024, actually I hope not but reality is once a coach shows his warts they are here to stay and consistently falling apart in second halfs is unsustainable.

You’re right it’s exactly like aggy.  100%.  We were 8-4 last year and are regressing like them.  Except we weren’t and while the team is still shitty they are improving with a freshman QB.  Even the backup QB has gotten better from last year.  If you want to cry about it and pee your pussy that’s on you.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Loop 1604 said:

@Monahorns nice neg- you’re the perfect embodiment of “Texas fans” you fucking douche. 

At least QE had the balls to stay out for the Eyes, which is more than we can say about the entire coaching staff.

Yeah something is wrong with the coach and player relationship right now. 

I think Ewers threw the ball too many times and that's on play calling. 0 yards on an incompletion is infinitely worse than 2-3 yards on a run. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

I've seen some takes here but continually blabbing that Quin was bad against Iowa State is up there. 3 tds and no picks is pretty salty. Had cain caught that pass Quinn finishes with over 200 yards and nobody would have thought any different. No excuses for thr OSU game but to say it's a trend is pretty egregious 

• Hook 'Em 3

Football can look ugly when any one of 11 people don’t do their job. It is lazy to just put it on ewers. There were a ton of plays where the wrs were soft to the ball and it looked like a bunch of miscommunication between routes and qb. He had some bad plays but not as many as the chicken Little’s are crying about.

51 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

I've watched Quin since he was a Sophomore in HS and have never seen him throw the ball anywhere close to as poorly as he did Saturday.  

Don't think there is anyway he threw the game,  but he may have been hurt and didn't tell anybody I just don't know.  

Sark should have pulled him.  Had Card been put in at the start of the 4th qtr.  we win by 2 scores.  

Quin's the future of the team and should keep improving this year and be ready for a good run next year.  

Card isn't making those passes against man coverage either. He probably hits some of the crossing routes that Quinn missed though. You also risk shaking the confidence of your freshman starter. 

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Card isn't making those passes against man coverage either. He probably hits some of the crossing routes that Quinn missed though. You also risk shaking the confidence of your freshman starter. 

Can’t be worse than giving him karic running routes.

21 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

He'll bounce back. Give him a couple years to develop.

But I thought he was 2 and done so Arch only has to sit one year? Can Ewers give his NIL millions back until he plays like he deserves it so that money can go get some badass OL, DL, and LB?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, ermahgerdhorn said:

Personally I believe there's a secret group of Syrians living in an underground bunker.  The civil war there provides cover for their operations.  From their underground bunker they map out wins/losses for college football up to 2 years in advance.  Their end goal is to create enough chaos in the college football world to enable double agent Mormons they've planted, who are really Scientologists, to take over ESPN.  From what I've heard they've hacked Sark's Uverse and are brainwashing him with subliminal messaging whenever he watches TV.

It's all pretty simple if you take a step back and take the blinders off.

Glad you've finally woken up. Too many sheep here. 

8 minutes ago, Loop 1604 said:

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

I read on one of the sites that the glove he wore before the game was in response to the fingernail on his index finger had "lifted off of the nailbed" earlier in the week, that it was on the index finger of his throwing hand, and that he was asked about it and said that it didn't affect him during the game.  I'll see if I can find that post again.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I read on one of the sites that the glove he wore before the game was in response to the fingernail on his index finger had "lifted off of the nailbed" earlier in the week, that it was on the index finger of his throwing hand, and that he was asked about it and said that it didn't affect him during the game.  I'll see if I can find that post again.

Your post was the first I've heard about him having surgery on it. 

Quinn had an average game against Iowa St followed by a terrible game. One happened on the road and another against a very good defense. Imo these two games are nearly not enough to write him off. All the accolades he received after the OU game may have got into his head. Everyone and their gradma were talking about how great he was. He will learn from this and get better provided he gets some help from our WRs and learns to go through his progressions. Not slinging the long ball on critical 3rd and 4th downs instead of looking for his security blankets in JT or JWhitt would also help. I am sure he will figure it out, but whether or not Sarkisian would become a better playcaller is a different question.

6 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Quinn had an average game against Iowa St followed by a terrible game. One happened on the road and another against a very good defense. Imo these two games are nearly not enough to write him off. All the accolades he received after the OU game may have got into his head. Everyone and their gradma were talking about how great he was. He will learn from this and get better provided he gets some help from our WRs and learns to go through his progressions. Not slinging the long ball on critical 3rd and 4th downs instead of looking for his security blankets in JT or JWhitt would also help. I am sure he will figure it out, but whether or not Sarkisian would become a better playcaller is a different question.

Oh that’s all.

Got it.

1 hour ago, Atticus said:

People want to rewrite history. I have seen Card's lows and his highs. I have now seen Quinn's lows and highs. I have no desire to go back to Card. There could be some more ugly moments, but I dont think there is a really a choice. 

• Hook 'Em 6

On 10/22/2022 at 9:01 PM, sith_horn said:

When the QB is sucking, the offense will suck. Your assertion about the D is just dogshit. I'd lay a bet the D would have been happy to see Card come in after three consecutive failed drives. At least try something different.

An assertion is prefaced by "seemed"? 

I agree that 2 minute futile possessions are or must be demoralizing to a defense. But hope is an interesting thing. Ewers was a triumph of hope in more than just Saturday's game. 

31 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Imo these two games are nearly not enough to write him off. 

I believe I'da said "not nearly", but...

Yes, he had a bad game, followed by a worse one. I don't think many people want to dump him. For me, I want to see a play caller use him better. And if that means pulling him out of the game at least for a series while we figure out wtf is wrong, that seems like a better coaching move... you know, as opposed to putting Quinn out there again and again and again to see if he got it back yet.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

I believe I'da said "not nearly", but...

Yes, he had a bad game, followed by a worse one. I don't think many people want to dump him. For me, I want to see a play caller use him better. And if that means pulling him out of the game at least for a series while we figure out wtf is wrong, that seems like a better coaching move... you know, as opposed to putting Quinn out there again and again and again to see if he got it back yet.

I still think the most concerning aspect of the offensive performance was the appearance of total confusion in the passing game. There must have been 8-10 times where Quinn and the WR were are different pages. I do not know that is a Quinn thing or WR thing, but you can not have that kind of disarray in week 8

• Rage+1 2

11 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I still think the most concerning aspect of the offensive performance was the appearance of total confusion in the passing game. There must have been 8-10 times where Quinn and the WR were are different pages. I do not know that is a Quinn thing or WR thing, but you can not have that kind of disarray in week 8

Quinn looked completely lost. Very strange unless there was some sort of injury we didn't know about.

3 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I'm concerned about the HC/OC not having a fucking clue what's wrong with his team at any given moment during a game. And apparently while press conferencing, either.

Sark has never shown that he understands that the goal of each game is absolutely the same: Win. THIS. Game. You woulda thought that Saban woulda got that across to him, but apparently you'd be wrong.

If we're going to spend the rest of the season running Bad Finger Ewers onot the field to throw inaccurate sloppy passes to nobody, while insisting there's nothing  physically wrong, have we really progressed past Casey Thumbson play calls?

Just now, C-Man said:

Quinn looked completely lost. Very strange unless there was some sort of injury we didn't know about.

It isnt the simple poor decisions. It the ball trhown outside and Wr going in side. The was one play 2 Longhorns ended up about 3 yards apart from each other. It looked like the first day on install

Just now, Codaxx said:

It isnt the simple poor decisions. It the ball trhown outside and Wr going in side. The was one play 2 Longhorns ended up about 3 yards apart from each other. It looked like the first day on install

Yeah, and the fact it happened with different wideouts seems to point to the problem being with Quinn moreso than the receivers.

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Yeah, and the fact it happened with different wideouts seems to point to the problem being with Quinn moreso than the receivers.

there were a few times Marion grabbed players as they came off the field, which led me to believe it was a bigger issue. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Atticus said:

You mean completing less than 40% of his passes didn't shake his confidence?

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, UTEE97 said:

his head? you mean yours and the others who think he sucks now?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Yes. Besides being spread across several receivers, several of them showed some body language that said they knew something was wrong and thay felt it was not being addressed. I had an impression that they were not happy about it, but whether they were pissed at Ewers or at the coaches or what.

The non-injury gloved finger is a headscratcher, puts me in that kind of place where you absolutely know someone's lying but you can't tell who... maybe all of them.

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

It’s 2 years in a row now that our team has not only failed to improve as the season goes on, but we’ve actually gotten worse. Sark draws up good game plans, and Flood seems to be doing a good job developing the OL. Other than that, it’s hard to find any signs of good coaching on this team 2 years running. 

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet