Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

32 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

He was very clearly injured. Every throw was a fucking wobbly duck that I held my breath on. And amazingly, our dipshit coaches didnt come to the same realization and lean into the running game. I have dealt with a decade of this dumbass bullshit now and I am fed up. Maybe next time we shouldnt fire our fucking coach who was one game from the big 12 title and never missed a bowl game for a fucking overhyped mid major Big East coach. 

Herm would be here if he wasn’t a dick

25 minutes ago, RC Horn said:

There were UT fans back in 2003 that wanted to move Vince to WR because his struggles that year

This too.  Texas held the nations longest streak at not being shutout until VY went 8-23 for 86 yards and lost 2 fumbles, notching Texas’ first shutout loss in a quarter century.   Young guys play like shit sometimes.  

I think his throwing hand is injured.  It’s the only explanation on why the ball came out so strange all day and floated on him over and over again compared to what we have seen all year.  This wasn’t an example of a freshman QB with bad reads throwing picks all day.  I will add that as bad as he was throwing the ball his O line didn’t give him a ton of time and also his WR’s were brutal.  Any ball in Worthy’s area and the fucker somehow turned the wrong way and couldn’t track the ball.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, freyguy said:

Card stinks, it's been established.  Get over it.

Your take stinks. Card isn't everything we wish he could be, but he showed game to game improvement over his three games played consecutively. Imagine that, a chance to learn from mistakes and establish some continuity and he improved. He played well enough that the team together was able to win some games. I don't know if he would have won us the game today, given enough time, but it was clear that Ewers wasn't playing winning football. The goal of a conference title is toast. I like that Sark didn't pull Ewers at the first sign of adversity. Give the guy a chance to work through it. But he had more than enough time by the third Q, and most certainly entering the 4th Q to see that it was worth giving Card a shot.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

This too.  Texas held the nations longest streak at not being shutout until VY went 8-23 for 86 yards and lost 2 fumbles, notching Texas’ first shutout loss in a quarter century.   Young guys play like shit sometimes.  

And the game after that he went 3-9 for 19 yards and 2 picks vs Missouri and got benched…

• Like 1

If Ewers and Card are playing their best games it's not even a question, but who was helped by leaving Ewers in for the entire game, other than OSU? Card could have pulled the ball down and picked up 8 or 10 yards on the ground and kept drives alive. I don't know if we would have won, but I don't see why you leave Ewers in to struggle that long. I get the need to let them learn how to overcome adversity, but that wasn't going to happen, today. It's like leaving a starter in to finish an inning when everyone can see he's gassed. Maybe that's not the correct way to see it and I don't know shit aout coaching college football but at a point it was clear Quinn was MIA.

Edited by 1leggedduck
alcohol
  • Hook 'Em 1

So if QE was hurt why wasn’t there any evidence of any staff whatsoever working on his injury through the game. No clips of him shaking anything off or staff tending to him. I haven’t seen it. If he was hurt prior to the game and it was aggravated how does not sark know this. How does he not pull him? I’m at a loss. Because we did lose and it sucks and I’m tired of it.

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Your take stinks. Card isn't everything we wish he could be, but he showed game to game improvement over his three games played consecutively. Imagine that, a chance to learn from mistakes and establish some continuity and he improved. He played well enough that the team together was able to win some games. I don't know if he would have won us the game today, given enough time, but it was clear that Ewers wasn't playing winning football. The goal of a conference title is toast. I like that Sark didn't pull Ewers at the first sign of adversity. Give the guy a chance to work through it. But he had more than enough time by the third Q, and most certainly entering the 4th Q to see that it was worth giving Card a shot.

We wouldve won if Card palyed tonight. We barely lost with a potato playing QB. Card wouldve won this game by 10. OSU is not good. The fact that we played that fucking bad on the road and barely lost is an indictment on how bad OSU really is. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

We wouldve won if Card palyed tonight. We barely lost with a potato playing QB. Card wouldve won this game by 10. OSU is not good. The fact that we played that fucking bad on the road and barely lost is an indictment on how bad OSU really is. 

I tend to agree. We didn't need lazer guided bombs when our running game was clicking. Just the possibilty of completions to keep them honest. When they realized we were one diminsional, it got ugly.

16 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Agreed. I knew when he mocked that stupid Mizzou QB in the bowl game that he was a dick. You think you would see Saban doing something like that? 

Guy has issues for sure though fuck drew lock.  Herms last year was 7-3 and he beat the crap out of his last two opponents 

44 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

He is injured. And he shouldve been benched. 

Doesn't matter if he was injured, 100% healthy or somewhere in between. Ewers was fucking abysmal today.  And had no business being on the field after the 1Q. 

Edited by Wally Pryor
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Celery Man said:

There were like 4 drives after it got out of hand. What is the purpose of giving him the experience of the rough road game if we lose the fucking game? Bijan and Roschon can’t do it all if everyone knows that the quarterback is coming down and can’t make a pass.

Good point. What was he supposed to learn from this game? That losing efforts are acceptable and not a bad thing as long as we can make up a moral victory for it? Getting your ass kicked and playing like shit aren't things you should be preparing for in case they come again. They shouldn't be happening at all or you should be preparing to ride bench. 

Regardless of whether he was injured or just really off, I don't understand why we never tried simple passes to get a rhythm going.  Every pass was a deep ball, a deep out with pressure, a fumble or throwing to Sanders and just hoping he did something spectacular.   WR screens, RB Screens, slants, quick outs, even those fake passes where the WR goes in motion and takes a forward lateral?  Where were the passes you hear about with a young QB and the commentator says the obvious "trying to build confidence with some simple plays"?

Edited by WalmartTexasFans
  • Hook 'Em 3

No you shut up douche.  He didn't even play his Senior year in high school so he could get money.  He sure as hell didn't show any toughness today.  He had a hurt finger nail today.  Boo hoo.  Spencer Sanders was beat up for real after last week and made plays to win.  There have been prima donnas for decades too.  Until he proves me wrong, he is one of them.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 9
  • Drool 1

Just now, Da Fino said:

Jesus. Shut the fuck up with this NIL line. Players like this have been paid for decades. Accuracy has nothing to do with money. He’s injured and he should have been pulled.

There’s nothing wrong with NIl and players getting paid and they’ve been plaid here also before NIL. Since Satk said he was not injured and he didn’t appear to be treated for any injuries or injury or shaking off one during the entire game I’d just surmise he has a lot a growing to do. If he thought he’d just jump right out of high school and into college and get the starter role at any place and just roll into it because he’s got an arm then the peope around him are idiots. He’s not even seeing open WRs. It’s a process. Some take to it faster than others. If he wants the big bucks he’s going to have to work at it and I’ve seen less evidence that he has worked at it than an injury. By all accounts I wouldn’t have had him come back until after the bye with the collar bone strain but that’s my opinion. That’s on the HC. If he’s still hurt or shouldn’t be there that was On Sark.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Oklahoma State has the nation's 126th-ranked pass defense lmao. Not even comparable to the monstrous defenses blOU was rolling out under Stoops in the early '00s.

Yeah I was about to say. Being horrid against one of the worst defenses in the country is not anything at all like being stymied by one of the best. If Ewers had had a game like that against Bama we all would have understood.

The fact he had it against one of the worst defenses in the country is...well...not really sure what to think about that. It happened though.

1 minute ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Crazy how much success they have elsewhere…

Not at Texas A&M and Texas. 

5 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

So, elsewhere?

Yeah, though it does kind of seem like if Texas HS football really was all that that logically that should be reflected in the college football here. It is not like Bama or Ohio State only have Texas players and that is the key to their success. It is just one of many sources they have.

Whereas the schools that are almost entirely stocked with Texas talent aren't all that.

Edited by Valmy77

Also, one notable thing.  The defense, even, seemed to play better with Ewers than with Card.  The defense wasn't great, but they came up with a good number of stops, even when the offense was turning them over every 3 minutes.  WIth Card in, it could have been worse.

Incredibly dumb shit right here. There’s no basis for it really.

I mean did you know Alabama scored 10 points in one quarter while Ewers QB but only 10 in 3 quarters while Card was QB.

And OSU And ISU each may have had their best offensive games. OU wasn’t even trying to score.

At least Card made Tech use 4 downs.

Whatever BS people talked themselves into about Ewers needs to be put to rest. Until he legit proves something.
  • Hook 'Em 5

55 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

I miss Sam’s will to win so much.

Hopefully he will get his chance in the NFL working with House and all that to improve his skills. Kid was a badass for us. I liked Shane a lot too. Herman took his/himself out of the equation because of off the field stuff that was piling up. I do wish him well based on how his dad died. He do have a much better record. At least we can afford whatever comes next. Aggie is cashing paychecks in a way that’s not sustainable. 

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet