Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

I don't understand why so many people doubted him. He was a freshman last year who saw the field for the first time since his junior year in high school. Then he showed flashes of what he was capable of in big games. Inconsistency was to be expected. Glad Sark stuck with him.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

I don't understand why so many people doubted him. He was a freshman last year who saw the field for the first time since his junior year in high school. Then he showed flashes of what he was capable of in big games. Inconsistency was to be expected. Glad Sark stuck with him.

People doubted him because he played bad. It’s simple as.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, UTEE97 said:

I don't understand why so many people doubted him.

lol really?

One interesting thing last night was how oftern Herbstreit alluded to their convos during the week where Quinn talked about getting his personal life in order. He never said explicitly what that meant other than to say that Quinn found Jesus.

Watching him last year, the dude looked like he lived off of beer and opiods. I wonder if there was substance abuse issues at play last year?

• Fuck You 6

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

People doubted him because he played bad. It’s simple as.

He was a freshman who was injured and playing in a program being rebuilt after over a decade of sucking. He got very little WR help. Even then he showed enough in big games to deserve our patience. Very rarely do QBs come in as a freshman and set the world on fire.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

lol really?

One interesting thing last night was how oftern Herbstreit alluded to their convos during the week where Quinn talked about getting his personal life in order. He never said explicitly what that meant other than to say that Quinn found Jesus.

Watching him last year, the dude looked like he lived off of beer and opiods. I wonder if there was substance abuse issues at play last year?

He admitted he was immature and acting like he was in HS. Cutting the mullet and 20 pounds is a sign of maturity and growing up 

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

He was a freshman who was injured and playing in a program being rebuilt after over a decade of sucking. He got very little WR help. Even then he showed enough in big games to deserve our patience. Very rarely do QBs come in as a freshman and set the world on fire.

Very rarely are freshman given perfect recruiting scores. He played bad. Now he’s playing great and no one is doubting him. 

4 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

lol really?

It was cocaine and hookers. 

5 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

lol really?

Yea not going there at all. I think he wasn’t putting the work in most likely. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Very rarely are freshman given perfect recruiting scores. He played bad. Now he’s playing great and no one is doubting him. 

He played so bad that he was projected to go in the first first round as a redshirt junior. He always had the tools that are not coachable. Other stuff is.

Yea not going there at all. I think he wasn’t putting the work in most likely. 

It was a just a strange line of commentary from Herbie that he brought up multiple times. I could be wrong but I don't recall him even saying anything about his maturity or work ethic last year versus this year. It was about 'getting his personal life in order' and not really about football.

Admittedly, maybe I'm reading too much into it because it fits the narrative I created in my head last year.

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

It was a just a strange line of commentary from Herbie that he brought up multiple times. I could be wrong but I don't recall him even saying anything about his maturity or work ethic last year versus this year. It was about 'getting his personal life in order' and not really about football.

Admittedly, maybe I'm reading too much into it because it fits the narrative I created in my head last year.

“Getting his personal life in order” can mean a bunch of things. Not sure why you are jumping to opioid addiction speculation the day after he had the game of his life. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

It was weird because when I was driving into work.  ESPN radio had Holly Rowe and she said the exact same thing.  About how Quinn was a changed man.  I kept thinking holy shit.  Did he quit meth or something

2 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

“Getting his personal life in order” can mean a bunch of things. Not sure why you are jumping to opioid addiction speculation the day after he had the game of his life. 

you're right, sorry. I'm proud of the kid for getting his act together and not trying to bag on him.

He's worked his ass off to right the ship and I have to think last night was one of the greatest nights of his life. 

Edited by DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt
  • Hook 'Em 2

you're right, sorry. I'm proud of the kid for getting his act together and not trying to bag on him.

He's worked his off to right the ship and I have to think last night was one of the greatest nights of his life. 

He stopped boozing was my thought on the “personal life” thing. Not saying he was a drunk or anything but going from being a party boy to not drinking certainly can help you lose some weight

• Hook 'Em 1

I don’t think Hollywood really meant he was a drug addict but not taking ball seriously because it always came easily and partying at UT Austin his frosh year would hardly be a shocker. 

the narrative is that he focused hard on improving, shit even if he was just x-boxing all the time, a 19-20 year old decided to get serious. 

that’s like the story of all of our lives except for some of us it was 43 when we woke up and said shit I need to do something with my life. 

the kid got serious in the off season, fuck yeah! Good for him, I bet he’s thrilled and his momma is proud! 

clearly we are too! 🤘🏼

• Hook 'Em 8

11 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:
  On 11/12/2022 at 9:44 PM, freyguy said:

he's just another Gilbert.  Overhyped & underperforming.

On 11/12/2022 at 9:45 PM, sidis said:

Joe Dirt fucking sucks at football. 

On 11/12/2022 at 9:46 PM, Chuckie Finster said:

Dude sucks

On 11/12/2022 at 9:47 PM, wild_turkey said:

Give me Card until I can get Manning.

On 11/12/2022 at 9:47 PM, Firemans4Horn said:

99% of college athletes go pro in something other than sports. Quinn Ewers is part of that 99%. 

On 11/12/2022 at 9:59 PM, GreenspointTexas said:

Hes easily the worst qb we have had in 20-25 years

On 11/12/2022 at 10:13 PM, Longhornstampede said:

Ohio State laughing at UT for stepping in front of the bullet that the failure that Ewers is

On 11/12/2022 at 10:14 PM, Sawbonz said:

He’s ass my dude

On 11/12/2022 at 10:20 PM, DigglerontheHoof said:

He sucks

On 11/12/2022 at 10:24 PM, 6th Street said:

He's ass my dude. UDFA

On 11/12/2022 at 10:34 PM, Sgt Hulk said:

I’m done with the Quinn experiment his regression has been something 

On 11/12/2022 at 10:37 PM, UTEX_ME said:

Quinn needs to portal 

On 11/12/2022 at 10:41 PM, 6th Street said:

Texas HS equivalent of Al Bundy

On 11/12/2022 at 10:53 PM, Monahorns said:

Ewers is Giblert 2.0

On 11/12/2022 at 10:56 PM, BigOrange1 said:

this thread is so fucking stupid.  will be fun to bump it next year.

yep, fun to bump just like i knew it would be.

Big Orange, A Great Big, "Hell Yes!!!" for capturing this. Thank you, Sir.

To all of you weeping, spineless, Negative Nancy's who have littered this board with your feeble ilk since Quinn stepped foot on campus...

image.thumb.png.e4b3d9cdd646193cc6dca5feb9fa1737.png 

Nothing but Love for QE. He is a Poster Child for the way he represented himself, his family, his teammates, and The University of Texas.  He has carried a mountain of expectations very few in the history of college football have ever had to deal with, with a poise and maturity not usually associated with 20 year old kids (he was a teenager less than 6 months ago.) 

Quinn, You Rock!

066fcdf4b3dd41f39bec8befc2b43424

Those of you eating crow today, enjoy.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

lol really?

If there was, it's not really anyone's business unless he decides he wants to talk about it.  Maybe he pounded a few too many beers, or maybe it was sodas.  Maybe he just realized he'd get more pussy if he cut the mullet and 20 lbs of upper body fat.  Maybe Coach talked to him about work ethic, or maybe it was his pastor, or family, or maybe he just grew up and realized it for himself.  There's really no way to know.

All I know is that last night he was the guy every scout thought he could be three years ago.  Kudos to him for making a change and getting there. 

And now we murder our way across small town Texas and the flyover states, one last time.

• Hook 'Em 5

29 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

We all know how some Jesus people act when they know about someone who finds Jesus. I just assumed herbie was one of those. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

We all know how some Jesus people act when they know about someone who finds Jesus. I just assumed herbie was one of those. 

That's what it felt like to me, too.  But, I had thought that Quinn was always religious, like he'd grown up that way.  But maybe he found Jesus extra.  I don't know how that stuff works.

4 hours ago, JFKFC said:

I just didn't think this was possible.

I  didn't think Sark could do it.

I didn't think QE could do it. 

I didn't think the o line could do it.

I really didn't think the D could do it. 

I'm a believer. I have seen. 

Let's keep it simple, "I just didn't think..."

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

I was gonna make a joke about Southlake not having a Taco Bueno but I looked and theres apparently only 1 Taco Bueno in Austin? How do you people live

Well when I was in school there was a place in the union called tortilla flats where I’d go and get some nice quesadillas (and then wank across the street to einsteins for a couple games of blitz).And then the taco cabana on mlk for late nights. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

We didn't have an AD Mitchell to take advantage of Worthy's double/triple teaming last year. That was essentially how teams slowed us down tremendously last year. Love him, but JWhitt isn't that guy. 

Quinn is also locked in. If they keep him clean as he develops his pocket presence, this will be a very very fun season and a NYC trip for Quinn.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

We didn't have an AD Mitchell to take advantage of Worthy's double/triple teaming last year. That was essentially how teams slowed us down tremendously last year. Love him, but JWhitt isn't that guy. 

Quinn is also locked in. If they keep him clean as he develops his pocket presence, this will be a very very fun season and a NYC trip for Quinn.

did i see a 'stat' last night that 3 of the last 5 QBs to beat bama have won the heisman?

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Yeah, Mitchell seems to be just what the doctor ordered in a lot of ways.

Some other guys have shown glimmers, but haven't really gotten it done when it came to nut-cutting time.

Where the hell is Neyor?

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, Mitchell seems to be just what the doctor ordered in a lot of ways.

Some other guys have shown glimmers, but haven't really gotten it done when it came to nut-cutting time.

Where the hell is Neyor?

Tells you about our depth when he’s behind Worthy, Mitchell and JWhitt. 

4 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

AD Mitchell is good for a TD or two per game. He is clutch when it comes to catching that much needed TD. For all the hypes Worthy gets, he is not that guy. 

Worthy is unguardable one on one. Almost a lock for the first round next year. He makes the game easier for everyone else with the attention he draws. AD was the beneficiary of that last night. 

Neyor can play, but we don't need to put him out there just yet. I have a feeling he'll get extended looks next week against his former team.

Edited by Atticus
  • Hook 'Em 3

49 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

That's what it felt like to me, too.  But, I had thought that Quinn was always religious, like he'd grown up that way.  But maybe he found Jesus extra.  I don't know how that stuff works.

Good for him. I got saved like 4 summers in a row chasing tail at church camp. So it hits close to home. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Worthy is unguardable one on one. Almost a lock for the first round next year. He makes the game easier for everyone else with the attention he draws. AD was the beneficiary of that last night. 

Mitchell caught 9 passes for UGA last year, and 3 of them were TDs. This year, 50% of his catches are TDs. I think the dude has a knack for catching TD passes.

• Drool 1

Also, Sark deserves so much credit for Quinn’s performance and the offense overall yesterday. We’ve all been talking about finding ways to get Quinn in rhythm and that’s exactly what we did yesterday. We made him comfortable and gave him the confidence to go swing in the 4th. Huge props to Sark

• Hook 'Em 5

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet