Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

NFL starting QBs

average weight 220 lbs

range 204 - 244

lightest - Bryce Young

heaviest - Anthony Richardson.

that's data. not opinion. 

but sure, in the meat market that is the NFL draft, nothing will be made of a QB coming in at 195 lbs.

obviously he can gain some weight back, and I expect with the right agent and team, he will come in north of 200,   but pointing out he was heavier before is ridiculous given the argument that he and others have put forth that he had "bad" weight and this is him in his best shape.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Dilligas said:

Really? Did you see the fucking play? He realized quickly what needed to be done and did it. Not the indecisive bullshit we see from Quinn. It’s that type of leadership the QB position is missing.

He has 5 rushing touchdowns and a shit ton of rushes from the pocket for first downs. You’re acting like Ewers is a statue back there. 

• Like 1

Just now, Levi said:

He has 5 rushing touchdowns and a shit ton of rushes from the pocket for first downs. You’re acting like Ewers is a statue back there. 

Simply saying he lacks the mental acuity to make the correct decisions in a split second. You know like some quarterbacks.

But yeah, he’s fine

• Drool 1

2 minutes ago, naija said:

NFL starting QBs

average weight 220 lbs

range 204 - 244

lightest - Bryce Young

heaviest - Anthony Richardson.

that's data. not opinion. 

but sure, in the meat market that is the NFL draft, nothing will be made of a QB coming in at 195 lbs.

obviously he can gain some weight back, and I expect with the right agent and team, he will come in north of 200,   but pointing out he was heavier before is ridiculous given the argument that he and others have put forth that he had "bad" weight and this is him in his best shape.

Your comment about him having a short career because of his size is a opinion, not a fact or a data point. You made that shit up now you are throwing meaningless statistics to support a bad opinion when the statistics you provided have nothing to do with your bad opinion. Take the L dude.

Just now, Longhornlove said:

Your comment about him having a short career because of his size is a opinion, not a fact or a data point. You made that shit up now you are throwing meaningless statistics to support a bad opinion when the statistics you provided have nothing to do with your bad opinion. Take the L dude.

congrats on moving the goal post. you asked for numbers, and they were handed to you. my opinion on him having short career is based on the high probability of what will happen if someone played QB in the NFL at 195 lbs, and decided running shoulder first into defenders is a good idea.

195 lbs being light and something that would  be talked about is a fact. not an opinion. it was an issue for Young last year, who is/was more highly regarded than Ewers and he was the lightest QB taken in the 1st round in 17 years. He also weighed more than Ewers does right now. I'm not wishing bad things on Ewers, but he will have to change some things in the league to be successful. realizing taking defenders head-on is not smart, is one of them.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

You’re probably right, but I sure as hell wouldn’t spend a high draft pick on him right now if I were an owner.  

depends on the team. I don't think he is a "put him anywhere" guy that would succeed. But very few are anyways. But the right team, that doesn't have to play him right away, with some QBs that are likely to be done in the next  2-3 years or you might be moving on for Cap reasons.... I would.

Detroit, LA Rams, Saints etc....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

UH switched their coverage to concede the underneath throws after we torched them. That has been our struggle for like forever. Old Quinn would've thrown into the teeth of that. This Quinn was taking the underneath throws. The problem was we couldn't consistently run the football during the dry spell. UH shifted their front when they went to the flyover and they were abusing our interior line. Quinn was fine. The throws that he was "missing" were largely intentional throwaways. The guy is pretty accurate, and throws from multiple platforms. Anyone not seeing that is way off. Sark's offense isn't the easiest to run.

All of this. The OL, once again, failed to take advantage of a front they should have. Quinn has taken shots all year as a result.

They had three safeties around 10-12 yards at the snap for much of the game and it was a dink and dunk fest as a result. 

At times, he had some receivers open downfield, but opted to take the safe plays every time. 

Against a better team, it is probably an issue, but we should have been running it on these guys with ease. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, naija said:

congrats on moving the goal post. you asked for numbers, and they were handed to you. my opinion on him having short career is based on the high probability of what will happen if someone played QB in the NFL at 195 lbs, and decided running shoulder first into defenders is a good idea.

195 lbs being light and something that would  be talked about is a fact. not an opinion. it was an issue for Young last year, who is/was more highly regarded than Ewers and he was the lightest QB taken in the 1st round in 17 years. He also weighed more than Ewers does right now. I'm not wishing bad things on Ewers, but he will have to change some things in the league to be successful. realizing taking defenders head-on is not smart, is one of them.

You clearly can't stay on topic.

"He is also small for an NFL QB. Playing that way at 195 lbs in the NFL is a 100% guarantee to have a short career" Your quote not mine. He is going to be 205-210 in the NFL. If he continues to go to the gym, maybe bigger. I'll give you that he is smallish for a NFL QB but height is fine, once again he will put on weight. So what about your opinion of 100% guarantee that he will have a short career? Let me guess, you have some stats for that too? That is what I was talking about in the first place. I guess he will be perpetually at 195 and is doomed.

3 minutes ago, Atticus said:

All of this. The OL, once again, failed to take advantage of a front they should have. Quinn has taken shots all year as a result.

They had three safeties around 10-12 yards at the snap for much of the game and it was a dink and dunk fest as a result. 

At times, he had some receivers open downfield, but opted to take the safe plays every time. 

Against a better team, it is probably an issue, but we should have been running it on these guys with ease. 

I love Quinn and have hoped for his success but shouldn’t a QB of his pedigree, after 2 years of coaching be able to pick apart a defense after a couple series? I mean if he can’t that’s fine but I had higher hopes for his trajectory under a QB whisperer

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Damn. Appreciate you recommending that app, fam. Just downloaded it and will use it tk document my fur babies. Wish I would have known about it in 2021 and the past year so I could have done it for my other two that passed in May of 2021 and February 26th of this year. 

Anyway, thanks. 

glad to share it man. it really is an awesome app for documenting anything you want to. easy to use too. definitely one of my favorites. 🤘🏼 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Don't see it, there are 6+ QBs currently in front of him.

Maye, Williams, Penix, McCarthy, Nix, Sanders, Daniels + these guys seem like they are ahead of him.

that mock has Williams 1st, Maye 2nd, McCarthy 3rd, and Ewers 4th.

Penix has had 2 ACLS injuries and will be 24 by draft time. those are his negatives

Nix also would be 24. also with a past injury. Quinn is 3 years younger than both those guys and his injuries not as concerning.

Sanders and Daniels, do you mean Deion's kid and Jalon Daniels? if so, not the same "talent" as Quinn

I really didn’t intend to turn this into bash Ewers evening. It’s clear the kid is working hard and is light years better than he was last year. I think if someone is willing to draft and stash him for a coupon of years, he could turn into a really solid pro. Someone else mentioned it, but the Rams would be a perfect scenario for that. He could sit behind Stafford for a year or two and learn from a really good offensive mind. Just like most players, it will mainly depend on where he gets drafted. I wish him all the best however it ends up going.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, naija said:

Penix has had 2 ACLS injuries and will be 24 by draft time. those are his negatives

Nix also would be 24. also with a past injury. Quinn is 3 years younger than both those guys and his injuries not as concerning.

Sanders and Daniels, do you mean Deion's kid and Jalon Daniels? if so, not the same "talent" as Quinn

I feel confident Sanders is drafted ahead of Ewers, I think it's likely Daniels is drafted ahead of Ewers.

Even at 4th though, 1st round?

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut

12 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

You clearly can't stay on topic.

"He is also small for an NFL QB. Playing that way at 195 lbs in the NFL is a 100% guarantee to have a short career" Your quote not mine. He is going to be 205-210 in the NFL. If he continues to go to the gym, maybe bigger. I'll give you that he is smallish for a NFL QB but height is fine, once again he will put on weight. So what about your opinion of 100% guarantee that he will have a short career? Let me guess, you have some stats for that too? That is what I was talking about in the first place. I guess he will be perpetually at 195 and is doomed.

so the issue is you can't read.

yes, playing that way (meaning, taking defenders on) at 195 lbs, is a guarantee that his career will be short. or did you miss that the prior posts were talking about his injury and how he got it?

do you understand the difference between these two sentences?

playing that way at 195lbs in the NFL is a 100% guarantee to have a short career

AND

playing at 195lbs in the NFL is a 100% guarantee to have a short career.

you can Venmo me for the TOEFL tutorial.

Yeah, barring a major injury, Sanders isn’t getting drafted before Ewers.

2 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

If he’s out for the season does Sark go with Arch? On the single game basis like tonight MM is the call but what if it’s the rest of the season? Curious what kind of consideration Arch gets in that situation.

Everything I have heard is no. Only if MM gets injured.

22 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Yeah man, guys on here don't understand what they are looking at. The way that defense works is they plug up inside the tackles and force you to run outside where their force players are. Now a good interior O-line can punish them if they can handle their NT one v one but Majors was getting mauled by their guy. So now you have to double and that takes away the numbers advantage you have.

Sometimes, regardless of rankings, you are a perfect match for a team that you should be superior to. They have good receivers, an air raid, and a QB who can get it to them. You have a slow secondary, and lack a natural pass rush. Their best defensive player is their NT. You are weak in the interior. It just fits. Now you hope that you can jump on them early, but if you play with your food at all they are the kind of team that can cause you trouble.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FloridaHorn said:

God the football board is full of awesomely regarded assholes. To recap….

Quinn is shitty.

Malik is shitty.

Season is ruined without Quinn.

Malik will save the season.

Malik will save us with his running.

Malik can’t run.

Did I miss anything?

Arch should start.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

He’ll play next week. 

And holy living fuck if you’re stupid enough to think he’s going to show up to a combine or pro day at 195 lbs. He’ll add 15-20 easy in the months leading up to that

I can show him how to gain weight, I’m really good at it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I feel confident Sanders is drafted ahead of Ewers, I think it's likely Daniels is drafted ahead of Ewers.

Even at 4th though, 1st round?

its a very early mock so take with a grain of salt. I'm also not posting the reasonings behind some of the picks (like why Arizona would pass on a QB)

1. Chicago Bears - Caleb Williams, QB. USC
2. Arizona Cardinals - Olu Fashanu, OT. Penn State

3. Chicago Bears - Marvin Harrison Jr. WR. Ohio State

4. Denver Broncos - Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina

5. NY Giants - Amarius Mims, OT. Georgia

6. NE Patriots - Jared Verse, Edge. Florida State

7.  Washington Commanders - JC Latham, OT. Alabama

8. New York Jets - Brock Bowers, TE. Georgia

9. Tennessee Titans - Joe Alt, OT. Notre Dame

10. Minnesota Vikings - JJ McCarthy, QB. Michigan

11. Pittsburg Steelers - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB. Alabama

12. Arizona Cardinals - Nate. Wiggins, CB. Clemson

13. Las Vegas Raiders - Dallas Turner, Edge. Alabama

14. Indianapolis Colts - Malik Nabers, WR. LSU

15. Atlanta Falcons - Quinn Ewers, QB. Texas

16. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - JT Tuimoloau, Edge, Ohio State

17. Los Angeles Rams - Patrick Paul, OT. Houston

18. Cincinnati Bengals - Kalen King, CB. Penn State

19. Green Bay Packers - Cooper DeJean, CB. Iowa

20. Seattle Seahawks - Chop Robinson, Edge. Penn State

21. Houston Texans - Keon Coleman, WR. Florida State

22. New Orleans Saints - Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE. Texas

23. Los Angeles Chargers - Laiatu Latu, Edge. UCLA

24. Jacksonville Jaguars - Jer'Zhan Newton, DT. Illinois

25. Baltimore Ravens - Josh Newton, CB. TCU

26. Detroit Lions - Kamari Lassiter, CB. Georgia

27. Buffalo Bills - Emeka Egbuka, WR. Ohio State

28. Dallas Cowboys - Kamren Kinchens, S. Miami

29. Philadelphia Eagles - Rome Odunze, WR. Washington

30. Miami Dolphins - Kingsley Suamataia, OT. BYU

31. Kansas City Chiefs - Tyler Guyton, OT. Oklahoma

32. San Franciso 49ers - Żak Zinter, G/C. Michigan

interesting to look at this.

no RBs in the 1st round

we get 2 guys in the 1st. last time was?

our opponents in italics and underlined. so according to this we would have played 4 1st round OTs. maybe a tiny bit of a reason for our less than decent pass rush? or maybe that's just wishing.

3 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Suspect Quinn is more injured than most think.  Really hope not the case but think it will be MM and maybe Manning until he’s ready to return whenever that will be. 

WTF is this.   You an Orthopedic forensic doctor?   You know what we know.  Jack fucking shit.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Levi said:

You’ve got to be a fucking troll. 

Is he thought?   He holds the ball, looks at option one and if it’s not open pauses then checks down a majority of the time…. He seldom progresses reads very well and leaves wide open receivers.  His decision making is definitely not quick.  He will get drafted off arm talent but unless his decision making gets better he’s never starting for a NFL team for a long period just like the past who have been drafted off just arm talent.  

35 minutes ago, naija said:

its a very early mock so take with a grain of salt. I'm also not posting the reasonings behind some of the picks (like why Arizona would pass on a QB)

1. Chicago Bears - Caleb Williams, QB. USC
2. Arizona Cardinals - Olu Fashanu, OT. Penn State

3. Chicago Bears - Marvin Harrison Jr. WR. Ohio State

4. Denver Broncos - Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina

5. NY Giants - Amarius Mims, OT. Georgia

6. NE Patriots - Jared Verse, Edge. Florida State

7.  Washington Commanders - JC Latham, OT. Alabama

8. New York Jets - Brock Bowers, TE. Georgia

9. Tennessee Titans - Joe Alt, OT. Notre Dame

10. Minnesota Vikings - JJ McCarthy, QB. Michigan

11. Pittsburg Steelers - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB. Alabama

12. Arizona Cardinals - Nate. Wiggins, CB. Clemson

13. Las Vegas Raiders - Dallas Turner, Edge. Alabama

14. Indianapolis Colts - Malik Nabers, WR. LSU

15. Atlanta Falcons - Quinn Ewers, QB. Texas

16. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - JT Tuimoloau, Edge, Ohio State

17. Los Angeles Rams - Patrick Paul, OT. Houston

18. Cincinnati Bengals - Kalen King, CB. Penn State

19. Green Bay Packers - Cooper DeJean, CB. Iowa

20. Seattle Seahawks - Chop Robinson, Edge. Penn State

21. Houston Texans - Keon Coleman, WR. Florida State

22. New Orleans Saints - Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE. Texas

23. Los Angeles Chargers - Laiatu Latu, Edge. UCLA

24. Jacksonville Jaguars - Jer'Zhan Newton, DT. Illinois

25. Baltimore Ravens - Josh Newton, CB. TCU

26. Detroit Lions - Kamari Lassiter, CB. Georgia

27. Buffalo Bills - Emeka Egbuka, WR. Ohio State

28. Dallas Cowboys - Kamren Kinchens, S. Miami

29. Philadelphia Eagles - Rome Odunze, WR. Washington

30. Miami Dolphins - Kingsley Suamataia, OT. BYU

31. Kansas City Chiefs - Tyler Guyton, OT. Oklahoma

32. San Franciso 49ers - Żak Zinter, G/C. Michigan

interesting to look at this.

no RBs in the 1st round

we get 2 guys in the 1st. last time was?

our opponents in italics and underlined. so according to this we would have played 4 1st round OTs. maybe a tiny bit of a reason for our less than decent pass rush? or maybe that's just wishing.

#1 and #2 picks played on same HS team. That wouldn't suck as a HS coach

10 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

I choose to believe it means he has an MRI tomorrow and that he's been in fairly good spirits. 

I think it means he knows he’s the 15th pick headed to the falcons. Jk.

btw everyone - colt - one of the greatest Texas QBs - lost 3 games his soph year… with a culture coming off a national championship two years before.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

People are about to realize how good we had it. It’s hilarious to see comments about how two guys who with no college experience could potentially upgrade this offense as we chase a Big 12 title.

Texas back up QB is always better.

• Hook 'Em 6

If you’re interested in Quinn’s success as a pro you want him to be a later round pick in the first or an early second round pick. I don’t like most of Colin Cowherd’s takes but where you go matters. We can’t talk about his size and all that-it is relevant bc he’s been hurt at least twice for significant stretches since his junior year of high school and hoping this latest injury won’t sideline him long or at all. Brock Purdy is a small guy with tiny hands. He’s running a complex offense. He’ll have duds of games but he has a competent HC and weapons. What many people have said about him on various shows is that his football IQ is off the charts. He hears the play and can regurgitate it with ease. He can go through his reads and see the field. It is his football IQ that helps Purdy maximize every bit of his talent and minimize his shortcomings (average to below scrambler and not tall and not the biggest arm.) it boils down to a couple of things for Quinn: is he interested in not only the big paycheck but a true career? Where is he at with his fundamentals? Is his throwing ability enough to compensate for those? Is his football IQ where it needs to be? That last one will determine how long his career is barring injury. That’s the biggest thing. Your football IQ is the best ability you can have along with availability. Those are hugely important to Quinn’s long term success. That’s why I hope he goes to a team with a decent HC and weapons and not an unstable organization bc I don’t think many QBs can come into a shit organization and just win like Joe Burrow. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1