FSU/LSU from the Superdome - 6:30 pm ABC

ztejas

11 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Another problem with social media, a kid can’t get pissed and blow off some steam without causing a shitstorm. Yes, blowing off steam by altering your social media account will get attention. Maybe fuck the clout chasing and go Amish for awhile.

Nooooo, then how would people be able to look at him and talk about him??

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Not sure why they didn’t hire a young, aggressive coach 

I thought they would make a big push for Aranda, but it doesnt seem like they ever pursued that. Oh well, watching Kelly weirdly interact with the LSU fan base should be entertaining.

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

"Look at how shitty and unpredictable our players, coaches, and referees are; college football is the best!" is a weird flex, but I'll allow it.

I didn't realize that the pleasure of watching a game was based on how perfect it is played. I thought it was competition, atmosphere, and competence. Oh, and a rooting interest.

It's okay to like pro football. No need for insecurity because college fans are likely to be more passionate about their sport than other fans. I'll even grant you this: the worst pro football team would crush the best college team. The thing is, I don't care. I don't think high school football aficionados care either. 

Nobody gives a shit about what you allow, dickhead.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I didn't realize that the pleasure of watching a game was based on how perfect it is played. I thought it was competition, atmosphere, and competence. Oh, and a rooting interest.

It's okay to like pro football. No need for insecurity because college fans are likely to be more passionate about their sport than other fans. I'll even grant you this: the worst pro football team would crush the best college team. The thing is, I don't care. I don't think high school football aficionados care either. 

Nobody gives a shit about what you allow, dickhead.

Relax, bro. I love college football as much as the next guy. Just a weird game to point to as "This is why it's so great." Unless Brian Kelly schadenfreude is what gets you up in the morning, then I get it.

15 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

I was genuinely shocked by the FSU fan turnout. My LSU folks had me thinking they were going to run that shit. Plus with FSU having a bad couple of years, it was nice to hear the War Chant.

I was too until I looked up how far it was to Tallahassee and it's only about 5 to 5 1/2 hours away.

21 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

I was genuinely shocked by the FSU fan turnout. My LSU folks had me thinking they were going to run that shit. Plus with FSU having a bad couple of years, it was nice to hear the War Chant.

Definitely a strong fan showing in New Orleans. The war chant feels outdated. “Oh this is how Indians are. My hand chopping is their primitive weapons.” 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

33 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

I enjoy FSU games because of their cool uniforms & colors, play anybody, anywhere history, and Chief Osceola & the War Chant. That right there is what CFB is all about.

Go 'Noles

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

This ain’t cultural appropriation and you look like a fucking clown. 
FSU and the Seminole Tribe are intertwined deeply. Stop insulting their culture you fucking dolt. 

I recognize I’m in the minority on this board with this opinion but thousands of white people chopping while shouting “ohhhhhh whoa ohhhh” isn’t authentic Seminole rain dancing or whatever. *I’m* the one insulting the culture. Ok. 

Edited by Pig Bellmont
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 8

2 hours ago, 83Horn said:

Ummm...it's been a while since I lived in Texas, but if the game was between Houston and San Antonio, wouldn't that be I-10?

he's gonna need to change his handle, no one is going to believe he's from tx.  maybe ark 3 putt or ok 3 putt?

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

They don't need some random internet Karen belittling them by deciding what they should be offended by...doesn't only apply to this scenario either 

That's the truly ironic aspect of these sorts of "outrage."  He's unable to see that he's the one who looks down on the Seminole tribe.  

I'll shut up about this now

Edited by Augustus
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, 83Horn said:

Don't forget the Old Dominion/Virginia Tech game...One of the more enjoyable games this weekend.

The blown FG-snap exchange by VT (too high, flubbed catch, or both) was epic hilarity of a follow-the-bouncing-ball scoop-&-score 80 yards the other way.

It makes 1 of highlights of the year in Week 1.

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I’m aware the Seminole tribe supports FSU. It still seems dumb to me. Enjoy your cultural appropriation 

The Seminoles were the only tribe to never sign a final peace treaty with the US government. They are immensely proud of that fact. They are extremely protective of their tribal identity. Tribe members have repeatedly been asked their stance on the FSU mascot issue. The tribe members have never wavered in their support of its use by the university. 

But you can’t bring yourself to respect the wishes of the members of the tribe. 

Um....ok. 

(Oh, and it’s not cultural appropriation if the tribe has granted permission for its use. Words have meaning, even if the people using them don’t understand their meaning)

• Hook 'Em 6