Texas vs. #1 Alabama

Pancho

12 minutes ago, AllenTx75 said:

how come sark never picked a viable 3rd string seasoned QB from the portal ?  he knows QB injuries against Bama are posssible.  to have just a freshman Malik as 3rd string QB is crazy. plenty of good QBs out there at the portal.

He got Ewers. Who the fuck wants to come as the 3rd Qb? Texas played their asses off. The game plans were great. At some point you have to just tip your hat to Bama and stop looking for some BS excuse to blame on coaches 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FloridaHorn said:

There is not a team in the entire sport of football that can lose their starter and not take a step back, unless they were shitty to begin with. This is one of the dumbest fucking statements I have read on this board, and that is truly saying something 

You mean except Alabama.

2 minutes ago, n64ra said:

Color me impressive with Gary Patterson on defensive and Hudson Card while injured. We win by a lot with just one healthy QB. I'm not surprised Saban has to knock out Texas QBs to win. Bama never beats Texas starting QBs who get to play the whole game. That was a dirty hit on Quinn, and that asshole should've been ejected. It's why we lost.

They couldn't cover Worthy and Whittington.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Gutsy maybe but “well”? Not really. But he was hobbled pretty early.

14/22-158 no turnovers after being inured early on and Texas OL letting DL run free at him.

he played pretty well. Not great. Not even good enough to win, but he didn’t lose the game for Texas either.

• Like 1

As well as Texas was playing with Ewers,

1. How was he third string at tOSU and if he's successful here, are they going to claim him like they did with Joe Burrow?
2. He was throwing damn near effortlessly and driving almost every time--if not injured, Texas wins this hands down.  I don't even know if it's close.
3. Ewers didn't finish the game so we'll never know what happens but this team is in it to win it and has potential to win out the rest of the way or play for a major bowl.

15 minutes ago, Kremlin Watcher said:
18 minutes ago, Aslan24 said:

I'm really worried that if we play like we did today with Card at QB, we might be 1-3 going to Morgantown. UTSA is going to be amped to play us, and Lubbock will want to tear us to pieces. Can't have a vanilla game plan on O.

This is my point. We lost. Without Ewers we have nothing on offense. Shit coaching. Run Bijan up the gut 100 times. Outcome is predictable.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

There is not a team in the entire sport of football that can lose their starter and not take a step back, unless they were shitty to begin with. This is one of the dumbest fucking statements I have read on this board, and that is truly saying something 

He’s a dipshit and/or a troll, so you should just put him on ignore like the rest of us. 

• Like 2

What is it?
An SC sprain is an injury to the joint where the clavicle (collarbone) meets the sternum (breastbone). These injuries are rare, requiring an accident with a lot of force, such as a tackle in football or rugby. Most SC sprains occur when an athlete is struck on the back or side of the shoulder. Typically, the resulting injury is a sprain, but it is also possible to dislocate the joint. The clavicle can be dislocated forwards or backwards with regards to the sternum. Dislocating the clavicle backwards can be very dangerous, as blood vessels, nerves, the trachea (windpipe), and the esophagus are located behind the clavicle and sternum.

Symptoms
• Shoulder pain • Clavicle or sternal pain • A bump or divot at the site of joint between the clavicle and sternum • More severe symptoms, like difficulty breathing or swallowing, may occur if the clavicle dislocates backwards

Sports Medicine Evaluation & Treatment
Athletes with a suspected SC sprain should be evaluated by a physician. A sports medicine physician will perform a thorough history and physical exam and determine the source of the pain. X-rays may be obtained, but they may not be able to evaluate the full extent of the injury, so further testing like a computed tomography (CT) scan or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) may be necessary. For an SC sprain, treatment may include icing, inflammation and/or pain control with medications like ibuprofen and acetaminophen, and using a sling or a brace. If a dislocation occurs, treatment and its degree of urgency depends on which direction the clavicle is dislocated. If the clavicle dislocates forward, the physician may opt to try and put it back in place, but more often this injury can be adequately treated with a sling or a brace. For a clavicle dislocated backwards, there is a higher likelihood that surgery will be required. This is especially true in cases where an athlete experiences difficulty breathing, and in this case, should be managed as a true emergency.

Injury Prevention
There is nothing specific an athlete can do to prevent an SC sprain. That being said, all athletes should be well trained and conditioned in order to be best prepared for safety and success in the sport of their choosing. Specifically, athletes participating in contact sports would likely benefit from exercises designed to improve shoulder and chest wall strength.

Return to Play
For an SC sprain, most athletes can return to play when their pain is well controlled, and strength and range of motion is normal in the arm on the affected side. Adequate time to allow the supporting tissues of the SC joint is necessary to prevent long-term complications like pain and instability. The exact time period that this will happen varies from person to person, depending partially on the severity of the sprain. Return to play may be accelerated with a structured rehabilitation program.

20 minutes ago, Aslan24 said:

I'm really worried that if we play like we did today with Card at QB, we might be 1-3 going to Morgantown. UTSA is going to be amped to play us, and Lubbock will want to tear us to pieces. Can't have a vanilla game plan on O.

Well you will at least be happy to learn we aren’t going to Morgantown, they are coming here.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

He got Ewers. Who the fuck wants to come as the 3rd Qb? Texas played their asses off. The game plans were great. At some point you hav ego just tip your hat to Bama and stop looking for some BS ecmxcuse to blame on coaches 

many QBs out there to pick from the portal .  Sark had a great gameplan regardless. defense was fantastic,

53 minutes ago, Gaffords said:

A busted coverage that gave up an 81 yard run for a td. A missed field goal that was practically an extra point attempt.  Two muggings in the end zone not called, and a blatant facemask missed that would've given us a first and goal inside the 5.   This should've been over an hour ago.

No joke, the refs won it for them, status quo for the Big 12...I can see how they would miss 1 of those PI calls, but the facemack?  It spun the players head around in the open field.  How do they miss that?

• Rage+1 1

I wasn't following the thread during the game, but isn't continuing to play after your helmet come off a 15 yard penalty?  That OL kept blocking our DL on that play his helmet came off.  I was screaming...  Didn't Coburn get called for that against Colorado?

Normally, but that assumes you have real refs and not big 12 refs