Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers

Zeus

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

Burton and Hamilton discussed on Friday's podcast that Maalik missed at least a day of practice this week and the week prior due to what's likely an unknown injury. Has that report somehow not made it to this thread? He's playing like he needs to avoid contact.

He was washing his hair

Up to now, it sounds like Sark is telling Manning, and the Manning family, that he thinks MM is a better option. Maybe he'll change his view in the off season - or maybe he won't. If Ewers returns next year, which is a strong possibility, who the hell thinks Manning is going to play third string next year? Redshirting is not an option. Sure, Arch, we'll give you a chance to be backup, which itself would only mean you'll throw five passes in four games next year - that is, unless we continue to think MM deserves more of a chance than you.

Manning isn't gonna stick around for this bullshit. Again, redshirting is not an option. He's got a career in the NFL waiting for him, and if that means jumping on an amazing opportunity at FSU, or Georgia, or who knows, Notre Dame, he'll take it.

MM isn't gonna win another game. They've got his number now. He's had two games, and IMHO, he'll never make the pros. You cannot risk losing Manning because MM is a great guy and wonderful human being. They're all great guys - but if Sark loses Manning to keep MM around, he better start polishing up his resume.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

He should start if Ewers is still injured if he's a better option than Manning. If not, Manning should start. That's on the staff to figure out, but there are now only 3 regular season games remaining. If Ewers is already throwing I imagine it's almost certain he'll be back by the end of the regular season. Manning, if the better option, can play until Ewers comes back and maintain his redshirt.

If Murphy is still the better option he should continue starting while Ewers is out, but at this point Manning's redshirt shouldn't be a huge part of the decision.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

He should start if Ewers is still injured if he's a better option than Manning. If not, Manning should start. That's on the staff to figure out, but there are now only 3 regular season games remaining. If Ewers is already throwing I imagine it's almost certain he'll be back by the end of the regular season. Manning, if the better option, can play until Ewers comes back and maintain his redshirt.

If Murphy is still the better option he should continue starting while Ewers is out, but at this point Manning's redshirt shouldn't be a huge part of the decision.

Playing a QB too early and their job being temporary is not a thing I think the Manning’s or sark are interested in. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Mensa.

8 minutes ago, immamac said:

Playing a QB too early and their job being temporary is not a thing I think the Manning’s or sark are interested in. 

Couple things: 1) thanks for the response on zt and no response thus far. 2) I suspect Arch, Sark and even the mysterious Manning camp want to win and win now, none of us know if it’s too early for him, and he appear to be the starter in no fewer than 7 games. The temporary status is not a factor. His preparedness is and none of us know that. 

I don’t buy there’s a Manning contingent watching every one of these moves. Cooper and to a lesser extent Archie probably pay attention on a daily basis. 

lol yall sound like Bama fans who was beating the door down for Simpson (another 5 star) to start until he did and ppl realize he’s a true freshman who’s not ready (and that was against USF). 

MM is going to take his lumps, luckily we have a good enough team to where we can overcome some of his young mistakes. Hopefully he continues to grow and get better until Ewers comes back 

Im sure Sark wants to play in the Big 12 just as bad as you all, so if MM is starting and Arch hasn’t sniffed the field it’s obviously a reason. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, immamac said:

I think this is right from their perspective. The last first impression they want arch to make for that brand is flushing a playoff season down the drain in his first action. 
not getting him playing time against byu was dumb imo. 

The Manning family is in no rush to have Arch play this year. They have said it on various occasions. Ever since Ewers got injured, I have seen a number of articles on some dumb media platforms trying to stir up controversy and some even predicting Arch's possible transfer destinations since he has been "passed over" by MM. I guess it was just a matter of time before some of our casual fans saw those reports and started to believe that crap.

Starting a QB too early can do irreparable damage to his career and psyche. Fans are quick to write a QB off when he has a bad game. I see absolutely no reason to rush Arch unless he is clearly better than MM or if his camp wants him to see action this year. I don't think any of that is true.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Up to now, it sounds like Sark is telling Manning, and the Manning family, that he thinks MM is a better option. Maybe he'll change his view in the off season - or maybe he won't. If Ewers returns next year, which is a strong possibility, who the hell thinks Manning is going to play third string next year? Redshirting is not an option. Sure, Arch, we'll give you a chance to be backup, which itself would only mean you'll throw five passes in four games next year - that is, unless we continue to think MM deserves more of a chance than you.

Manning isn't gonna stick around for this bullshit. Again, redshirting is not an option. He's got a career in the NFL waiting for him, and if that means jumping on an amazing opportunity at FSU, or Georgia, or who knows, Notre Dame, he'll take it.

MM isn't gonna win another game. They've got his number now. He's had two games, and IMHO, he'll never make the pros. You cannot risk losing Manning because MM is a great guy and wonderful human being. They're all great guys - but if Sark loses Manning to keep MM around, he better start polishing up his resume.

Should watching football require some kind of license??

Some of the lunacy in this thread… Holy shit.

6DC6CD97-AB16-433F-A323-DD3E90BCEC2E.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

This has to be satire

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

The Manning family is in no rush to have Arch play this year. They have said it on various occasions. Ever since Ewers got injured, I have seen a number of articles on some dumb media platforms trying to stir up controversy and some even predicting Arch's possible transfer destinations since he has been "passed over" by MM. I guess it was just a matter of time before some of our casual fans saw those reports and started to believe that crap.

Starting a QB too early can do irreparable damage to his career and psyche. Fans are quick to write a QB off when he has a bad game. I see absolutely no reason to rush Arch unless he is clearly better than MM or if his camp wants him to see action this year. I don't think any of that is true.

I honestly believe Squints would be a completely different QB and would have taken us to many national championship games if Colt didn't get hurt against Bama

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

I mean if we are just gonna post ridiculous shit

MM gonna string us along, Ewers comes back wins B12 and sneaks into CFP.  Wins first game in CFP then is somewhat ineffective in championship and Arch comes in with the Tua shot to win the championship.  Ewers transfers to OU.  

Almost perfect, but you missed the part where MM goes pro after this year and leads the Texans to their first super bowl in his rookie year.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Stunns38 said:

I’m out!

cosmo kramer comedy GIF

Animated GIF

• Haha 5

22 minutes ago, D3zii said:

lol yall sound like Bama fans who was beating the door down for Simpson (another 5 star) to start until he did and ppl realize he’s a true freshman who’s not ready (and that was against USF). 

MM is going to take his lumps, luckily we have a good enough team to where we can overcome some of his young mistakes. Hopefully he continues to grow and get better until Ewers comes back 

Im sure Sark wants to play in the Big 12 just as bad as you all, so if MM is starting and Arch hasn’t sniffed the field it’s obviously a reason. 

Milroe situation is different. Milroe was much older and has an elite trait. He maybe the best running QB in the country. His biggest issue early in the season was his OC. Bama ran 3 QB runs vs Texas. They did little to feature Milroe’s elite skill. Watching that offense vs LSU that has dramatically changed. That is not similar to Maalik and Arch. These are 2 inexperienced pocket passers. The true freshman is actually the athletic one. I have no idea who gives Texas the better chance. I am not sure anyone truly knows. It’s hard to know about a QB, until the bullets are flying. I am not calling for Maalik to be benched, but like most people here I would be lying if I said I want curious 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Lol to anyone who's thinks Sark is doing anything other than playing the QB he thinks gives the team the best chance to win the game being played.

See, this is just hard to believe at this point. Does Manning hand the ball off to the opposing defense every play in practice or something? 

This is about Arch's development, either Sark's doing, the Manning family, or a combination. 

5 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Injury prone, 16 or 17 starts. I just don't see Ewers going that high in the draft.

I think he hangs around another year. 

Odd considering all the mock drafts having him 1st or 2nd round. Maybe you should apply for some NFL front office jobs and share your insight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

See, this is just hard to believe at this point. Does Manning hand the ball off to the opposing defense every play in practice or something? 

This is about Arch's development, either Sark's doing, the Manning family, or a combination. 

I know I've seen Arch throw the ball into the stands on multiple occasions in the spring game. MM needs to practice that maybe instead of throwing to the other team.

22 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Injury prone, 16 or 17 starts. I just don't see Ewers going that high in the draft.

I think he hangs around another year. 

Injury prone? Did you watch Bama last night? QB driven into the ground by he same player. I think the NFL understands what they are looking at.

2 hours ago, Atticus said:

This is quite possibly the dumbest post I've seen in awhile. It's so bad that I had to check my sarcasm meter twice. 

Ewers is gone. MM will likely officially lose the battle in fall camp next year. Manning came here fully expecting to redshirt, then play year two.

MM was a solid part of why we won yesterday, he was also a large part of why KSU got back into the game. He's making throws downfield that Card didn't make outside of one of two times when afforded the same opportunity. He just needs to take better care of the ball, and stop trying to make plays after they're busted.

He probably won't see his potential realized here, but you can see what makes him so interesting as a QB prospect.

He has shit footwork and it shows on his intermediate passes in both accuracy and touch. He should tuck the fing ball and run. Every time he threw an intermediate pas it was an adventure with the exception of curls.

4 minutes ago, pops said:

I mean if I were Quinn,  I'd stick around. A couple million in nil, an Aston Martin, and all the Texas co-ed pussy I could eat. But I'm a simple man. He's gone. It was always the plan. 

Except his NIL money for next year has dried up, he can’t drive his car fast and he dates a girl that goes to OU. 

10 minutes ago, pops said:

I mean if I were Quinn,  I'd stick around. A couple million in nil, an Aston Martin, and all the Texas co-ed pussy I could eat. But I'm a simple man. He's gone. It was always the plan. 

Why couldn't he get all of those and more as a pro?

3 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

what the fuck is this stupid, uninformed bullshit?

• Hook 'Em 1

Well sark has a history of being stubborn to prove a point, he started card over Thompson and that clearly wasn’t the right choice. And people saying “too early” have no clue whether it’s to early or not, unless your in the QB room or at all the practices.

41 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Odd considering all the mock drafts having him 1st or 2nd round. Maybe you should apply for some NFL front office jobs and share your insight.

I consider "Second Round" as being not that high. I suspect Ewers will feel the same way. One more year at UT and he gets a pro contract you can take home to mom.

17 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

I consider "Second Round" as being not that high. I suspect Ewers will feel the same way. One more year at UT and he gets a pro contract you can take home to mom.

Yes injury prone QB stays another year to risk career ending injury over guaranteed multi-year deal in NFL.

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

A QB who's had a shoulder (area) injury both years he's started not leaving for the NFL after getting a 2nd round grade is regarded.

• immamac changed the title to Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers