Roadkill vs trampling longhorns LHN 7 PM

immamac

How was he supposed to tackle him? That was just an incorrect call. And yes, just like the safety.
I just don't get it. We should get the calls in our own stadium. It's like we're the worst team in the league - like we're a money drain on the conference. Shit, UT makes more money for the Big 12 than anyone. How in the fuck is this our reality? 
Oh, right, it's the timeline, isn't it?
Snap.

More money than almost all combined

12 minutes ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

I am saying we asked him to take care of the ball and not take sacks. Yes, there were moments where he threw the ball and I said Ewers makes that or is on time.

There is a reason why Card is 2nd string and I do realize that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By "do what was asked of him" I'm considering everything he was asked to do during the game, which includes all of the designed deep shots and spread plays out of the gun where he wasn't able to hit a WR. It isn't like Sark didn't let him throw the ball. 

Agree he did a good job. Disagree that he did everything possible to win that game. He could have been better. I'd give him a B+. 

37 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Not really. I will give him a ton of credit for not turning the ball over so far this season and for not taking any horrible sacks tonight but he made like one nice throw in 4 quarters. He will (probably) need to be better against Tech if Quinn can't go. 

nah, dropped passes happened. This double digit win could have been better, but I ain't gonna lay the blame on Hudson Card.

• Hook 'Em 1

Stopping in to give a shout out to the fucking moron who sits 2 or 3 rows behind me in 107 (season ticket holder - He's ALWAYS there,  unfortunately).

Mid 3rd quarter UTSA had two consecutive runs up the middle that netted 11 yards and moved the chains. Dumbass, all exasperated, yells, "We are so damn soft up the middle!"

I look up at the board and at that point UTSA had 87 yards rushing. Again, mid-Q3.

Fucking idiot. 

2 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

UTSA has trash fans... The folks standing in front of my group did their little horns down and the guy's date flipped off the women in our group behind them after they scored. they are trash, no class, get ur ass back south on 35, fans.... 

A bunch of UTSA hillbillies in cutoff shirts and jorts sat next to me. Obnoxious the whole game and then took an early walk of shame as Bijan stole their souls

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Hats of to UTSA. They played hard, executed well, converted thirds downs and their QB played a hell of a game. 

I wish Texas dominated but they looked shaky and didn’t cave in the second half and played as team and wore down SA. 

I’ll take it. 

Yeah glad to see another UT system school playing some decent football. Look forward to seeing them again in 2024.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

nah, dropped passes happened. This double digit win could have been better, but I ain't gonna lay the blame on Hudson Card.

The offense sucks with him at the helm. He misses guys wide open down the field (see Sanders, Worthy tonight to start) because he has tunnel vision, a noodle arm, and can’t get the ball out on time. This team has conference championship upside with Ewers and 8-4 upside with Card. Period.

Edited by Sal
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

1. UTSA is a well coached team.
2. Their QB is slippery as hell.
3. Texas had a bit of a hangover after Bama.
4. Card can’t execute the full playbook and Sark has zero confidence in him.

Sark gave Card some opportunities in the 1st quarter to throw it deep. Once Sark realized that was a lost cause he abandoned ship. 

Worthy beat the corner pretty bad 3 or 4 times in the 1st quarter and Card missed him every time. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, Sal said:

A bunch of UTSA hillbillies in cutoff shirts and jorts sat next to me. Obnoxious the whole game and then took an early walk of shame as Bijan stole their souls

You mocked them as they left. right?

12 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

642x361_Cold_Sores.jpg?w=1155&h=758

Something in her teeth. wnb

Edited by jw4381

10 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

I will say, Ewers made the same Worthy deep ball misses against ULM as Card did tonight. He fixed it once against Bama obviously and probably would’ve hit 2 more. Also, bum ankle. Obviously Ewers should starts I’m just sayin.

Ewers missed some deep balls in the opener but he was throwing dimes in intermediate and short passes. 

Card can't do any of that. 

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Ewers missed some deep balls in the opener but he was throwing dimes in intermediate and short passes. 

Card can't do any of that. 

Agreed, and Ewers was hitting on basically everything against Bama in a small sample. Sliced and diced their secondary

51 minutes ago, Sal said:

Very similar experience here, too. The tickets my friend gave me ended up being basically right next to the defacto UTSA student section. I also had some older UTSA alums behind me. They were a mouthy little bunch. One dumbfuck said they were going to score a TD next time they got the ball after the UTSA TD that was overturned after a review because “the ball don’t lie.” Then naturally Barron got the pick 6 and promptly shut their asses up.

• Hook 'Em 2

Very similar experience here, too. The tickets my friend gave me ended up being basically right next to the defacto UTSA student section. I also had some older UTSA alums behind me. They were a mouthy little bunch. One dumbfuck said they were going to score a TD next time they got the ball after the UTSA TD that was overturned after a review because “the ball don’t lie.” Then naturally Barron got the pick 6 and promptly shut their asses up.

You sound sort of soft

• Fuck You 6

UTSA has trash fans... The folks standing in front of my group did their little horns down and the guy's date flipped off the women in our group behind them after they scored. they are trash, no class, get ur ass back south on 35, fans.... 

Sorry you had that experience. I hope you are doing ok now. I know it can be rough sometimes playing CUSA teams. Hang in there buddy. We are all pulling for you. Things can only get better. Chin up big guy. Maybe get better seats next time?

• Haha 4
  • Fuck You 8

2 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Card is literally just a faster Case. 

I don't see that one at all. Card is the opposite of Case, he has a good arm he is just ridiculously slow and indecisive going through progressions. Case actually was a pretty quick thinker who got the ball out he just didn't have the arm to get it there.

A faster/slighter of build David Ash I could see. Honestly "faster Case" is probably Casey Thompson lol. Case's arm was one of the worst I have seen in D1 football in the last 30 years, though.

• Like 1