Roadkill vs trampling longhorns LHN 7 PM

immamac

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The weird thing is I've never seen that type of burst from Card even when healthy. 

If Card can move like that and QE isn't back the offense should definitely be more focused on using Card's legs. 

He was an outstanding WR playing opposite of Garrett Wilson in HS, fast, elusive and athletic.   Once he transitioned to QB he stopped that for the most part, he was never going to grow into a frame that could take the punishment of a dual threat in college.  

10 hours ago, Texasrocks said:

I was impressed by Traylor. He certainly out coached Sark. UTSA was well prepared and fired up. They had a good game plan and did really well for having a patchwork o-line. Harris torched our corner blitzes like he knew what the play call was. They obviously scouted our kick off team and looked for Watts all night. UTSA coaches did their homework. Fortunately, they don't have a RoJo or a Bijan. 

I agree Traylor outfoxed the Horns for 1.5 quarters. Ummm. Seems like, after that we shut them down all second half (3 pts?) and found ways (coaching) for our playmakers to win by 21. You are correct about Watts. He seems to be the new Chykie Brown. Great hitter but can’t cover a headstone. We did win tho. Big. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The Traylor infatuation is very similar to Herman at this point. 

He lost by 21 points to a team with their backup QB and it would have been worse if Texas kept their starters in. Traylor is a fine coach but acting like he did anything special in this game is stupid. 

no it's not stupid. The game was in the balance deep into the q3 until the pick 6 which decided it.  UT has to make some sensational plays to win it where they had the talent at almost every position except QB and TE.  Their fatass OL and DL gave UT all they could handle. 

5 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

no it's not stupid. The game was in the balance deep into the q3 until the pick 6 which decided it.  UT has to make some sensational plays to win it where they had the talent at almost every position except QB and TE.  Their fatass OL and DL gave UT all they could handle. 

What exactly do you think Traylor did in this game that was spectacular? 

The only reason this wasn't a 40 point win for Texas is because Frank Harris is a magician. Texas still won by 21 and it would have been closer to 30 if Sark didn't pull the starters. With a backup quarterback. 

This is so Herman-esque where people will find anything to support their love for Traylor. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Hmm. Texas leading rusher had 20 carries for 183 yards and UTSA had 21 for 70. Texas had almost 300 yards rushing and didn’t give up a sack, but yeah UTSA DL gave them all they could handle. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I don't remember hearing JT Sanders named called Saturday night. Maybe once. It seems like Quinn looked for him and understood how important he is to us. I don't think Card has targeted him once since he replaced Quinn. He's gotta be a big part of our offense, and the sooner he is the better we'll be, but probably not as long as Card is in there. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I don't remember hearing JT Sanders named called Saturday night. Maybe once. It seems like Quinn looked for him and understood how important he is to us. I don't think Card has targeted him once since he replaced Quinn. He's gotta be a big part of our offense, and the sooner he is the better we'll be, but probably not as long as Card is in there. 

Card only completed 15 passes. JT had a catch and at least one more target on top of that. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Wait, are you saying they had better talent at the TE position compared to us? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Excuse Me What GIF

• Haha 1

Don’t hire Traylor.   Hire Frank fuckin Harris.   Without that dude, this was going to be a 50 point win if not more even with Card at QB.   That dude played his ass off.   Traylor better find a new gig at the end of the year before getting exposed next year without Harris and those receivers. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hozz said:

He mentioned it towards the end of his post game presser.  He basically accused Texas of illegally piping in noise.

We have 6 band speakers on the left side of the bench next to the cannon that blare when the band is allowed to play. I wouldn’t doubt that the piping in that traylor is talking about. It was cranked to the max this game.

4 hours ago, Hozz said:

He mentioned it towards the end of his post game presser.  He basically accused Texas of illegally piping in noise.

Fuck Traylor. He’ll never coach here again I hope. Herman 2.0.

Seems like Baylor or Houston is more his speed anyway. He’s toast once Harris is gone.

Edited by Loop 1604

12 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

didn't get to see the game due to my daughter's wedding, just got through watching the replay and if you look at that game as anything other than Texas taking care of business with a backup QB after a huge fucking letdown against Bama then you're a special brand of stupid.

Congratulations but I think we’re all disappointed in your parenting allowing your daughter to get married during a UT game.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

According to Reddit, sometime in the post game it was discussed that Traylor was unhappy about the speakers being so loud next to their bench they couldn’t communicate. Traylor also said it was the loudest stadium he’s ever been in. That must have been the discussion. 

We fans have been complaining about how loud (and shitty) the music has been - from the jumbotron and otherwise - for years.  Traylor should be thankful he only has to deal with it once every 2 or so years.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The constant complaining about the band being put in the upper deck, no AC in the locker rooms, and "piped in noise" always makes me roll my eyes. 

I guess Texas is the only school that's not allowed to make things difficult for a road team. 

Georgia brought in a full A/C system for their locker rooms at South Carolina.  Will Muschamp is now D-coordinator at Georgia and used to coach at South Carolina, so I guess he knew what to expect in the locker rooms.

2 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

Card still can't get through his progressions, so Sanders would only get a look if it was Card's 1st read, and it was usually covered. He also did deliver a couple of balls down the field that were late to Sanders. One was an incompletion and the other was a contested catch in the EZ, that was coming back due to a penalty. Card just isn't accurate more than 12-15 yards down the field.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Codaxx said:

Hmm. Texas leading rusher had 20 carries for 183 yards and UTSA had 21 for 70. Texas had almost 300 yards rushing and didn’t give up a sack, but yeah UTSA DL gave them all they could handle. 

We started wearing them down at the end, but Bijan was 18 for 64 other than the two big runs in the 2nd half.

3 minutes ago, bullet said:

We started wearing them down at the end, but Bijan was 18 for 64 other than the two big runs in the 2nd half.

A lot of that is on the complete absence of a down field (or really even mid field) passing game. Our interior was definitely struggling with run blocking though. 

47 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Congratulations but I think we’re all disappointed in your parenting allowing your daughter to get married during a UT game.

the venue she wanted was going to be this week or OU week so she did good. I could have done without my son telling me the Horns were losing right before half and killing my buzz.

23 minutes ago, bullet said:

The end? The 78 yard run was three minutes into the second half?!

Since when is that the end of the fucking game? And no shit if you take away all a players best plays the remaining plays aren't as impressive. What a fucking genius piece of analysis.

I bet if you took away all of Ricky Williams' runs that were 10 yards or more he wasn't that great. What a goddamn surprise.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

A lot of that is on the complete absence of a down field (or really even mid field) passing game. Our interior was definitely struggling with run blocking though. 

A lot of it is that is just how running the damn football goes in every fucking football game. You grind until you break through. Nobody is out there banging out 15 yards on every carry. This is completely stupid.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Texas tackling and rush containment was terrible in the 1st half.  Pretty sure Utsa had a long  20 play possession in the 1st half.

UTSA had 8 returning offensive starters from a 12-2 team (Sr QB and 3 Sr WR w/ 5,000 receiving yards between them). 68 yd, 20 play drive, included a few Texas penalties ... ~ 3 yards/play.  UTSA QB was sllppery, and made a lot of good, short throws on the run. Not much you can do about that.  Nothing was terrible.

12 hours ago, Atticus said:

You're fucking retarded if you think Traylor outcoached Sark in a game where he lost by 21.  

Sark was damn near playcalling with his hands tied due to QB. 

Texas game plan was to run the ball, knowing UTSA would stack the box.  UTSA started well, used their trick plays, and got their butts kicked. Sark did well.

12 hours ago, Hozz said:

I was super pissed off during the first half.  No excuse to play like that against this shit commuter school.  Second half obviously much better but to me it felt like without the pick 6 and Bijan, this is a 1 score game and we might have gotten the short end of that stick.  Defense just could not get off the field and all the impotent secondary blitzing gave me Todd Orlando PTSD.

Texas did not play bad. UTSA made some plays.  Yes, without our offense and defense we may have got the short end of the stick. Dumbass! UTSA QB is better than the majority of P5 QB's.  UTSA is a feeder school for UT Austin.    

12 hours ago, ryskey said:

How many starting quarterbacks in the country are clearly better than Frank Harris? 5? Dude is so consistent, every time he got flushed from the pocket you just knew he'd find someone half a yard past the first down marker.  Frustrating as hell for UT fans but that dude is amazing.  

Bingo! Frustrating to watch, but you have to give UTSA credit. UTSA will finishing w/ 10 wins this year, again. 

1 hour ago, hookem48 said:

didn't get to see the game due to my daughter's wedding, just got through watching the replay and if you look at that game as anything other than Texas taking care of business with a backup QB after a huge fucking letdown against Bama then you're a special brand of stupid.

Yeah, based on the postings here, we got lotsa of stupid here. 

• Hook 'Em 2

My (long) take 24+ hours after—If you can’t see how a few very minor outcomes could have totally changed the trajectory of that game, you are probably going to have a very different outlook on how the game transpired. Traylor had his guys ready. He’s a pre snap penalty from possibly getting a td on the opening drive on two separate occasions. He’s a couple of offsides calls away from keeping Texas out of the end zone on their first score. If that happens, you are looking at possibly being down 21-0 in the first half before you even know what happened. They moved the ball at will in the first half despite their offensive line being depleted by injury seemingly every other snap. 

Second half, you are two (three really) passes off the receivers’ hands away from it being a very, very tight finish. Yeah, you look at the box score and it says Texas did what Texas should have done. The more discerning observer realizes that UTSA played quite well and performed surprisingly well on both lines of scrimmage for a good portion of the game (like we gave Texas credit for last week despite the 81 yd run, the 20 yd scramble, and the late sack of Card). Robinson hitting a couple big runs, Johnson making a circus catch and generally just being the baddest motherfucker on the field, and Card having a timely scramble were the difference on offense. 

The secondary play was average at best. They did a better job of tackling in the second half, but both corners were beaten badly on the same double move. I thought the line play was decent, but they were getting moved in the run game early, and if there were better athletes at rb, it could have been bad. Not sure what to make of the pass rush. I liked Moro’s intensity in the second half and Murphy’s effort throughout the game. I feel like even if the edges had gotten home more, the qb would have escaped and hurt them even more. He was as advertised. Seeing Bush or Ford in coverage makes me pretty queasy. 

It was a damn good win against a quality opponent, and the game was closer than most would care to admit for the first three quarters. The difference really was depth (which injuries exacerbated during the game), mental focus (untimely penalties & drops), and a couple of elite backs toting the rock. Credit to UTSA for playing hard. Credit Texas with keeping their composure and raising their game in the second half. There is no need to denigrate UTSA, Jeff Traylor (if you want to make doomsday predictions for his coaching career, at least get the comp right—it’s Chad Morris (or is it Art Briles, who just lucked into Kevin Kolb flipping to UH from OSU?/s) not Charlie Strong), or Hudson Card (he’s QB2 for a reason; what’s the fucking alternative?) for that matter. I’d say they all performed admirably, but right in line with where they were expected to perform. 

Good game. Now let’s focus on stomping the dog shit out of tech in front of all of their syphilitic fans, and stop bitching about how the backup qb, who is playing through his own injury, and who was the same qb we saw last week and most of last year, sucks. 

On Card—Stop acting like you had higher expectations for the kid when you knew or should have known what to expect for quite a while now. Some of you sound a lot like the aggies last year. He’s not Ewers. Sark knows that. Everybody knows that. Ewers is hurt, that’s why Card is in. He’s still at Texas. He certainly didn’t have to be. He’s doing the best he can (while injured) and he’s not turning the ball over (btw, a QBR in the 70s isn’t bad & Worthy definitely gave up on one of the deep balls). Deal with it..or be prepared to happily watch Wright or Murphy, if he weren’t injured, play like qbs who have never thrown a pass at the collegiate level (as we’ve seen, Ewers is the exception in this scenario). It can always be worse. Card is not fantastic, particularly on the deep balls. We knew that going into fall camp. Does it limit the offense in terms of what the defense has to protect against? Absolutely. It’s not ideal. We get it. It is what it is. Let’s move on and hope Ewers has a swift recovery.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, SamMan said:

My (long) take 24+ hours after—If you can’t see how a few very minor outcomes could have totally changed the trajectory of that game, you are probably going to have a very different outlook on how the game transpired. Traylor had his guys ready. He’s a pre snap penalty from possibly getting a td on the opening drive on two separate occasions. He’s a couple of offsides calls away from keeping Texas out of the end zone on their first score. If that happens, you are looking at possibly being down 21-0 in the first half before you even know what happened. They moved the ball at will in the first half despite their offensive line being depleted by injury seemingly every other snap. 

Second half, you are two (three really) passes off the receivers’ hands away from it being a very, very tight finish. Yeah, you look at the box score and it says Texas did what Texas should have done. The more discerning observer realizes that UTSA played quite well and performed surprisingly well on both lines of scrimmage for a good portion of the game (like we gave Texas credit for last week despite the 81 yd run, the 20 yd scramble, and the late sack of Card). Robinson hitting a couple big runs, Johnson making a circus catch and generally just being the baddest motherfucker on the field, and Card having a timely scramble were the difference on offense. 

The secondary play was average at best. They did a better job of tackling in the second half, but both corners were beaten badly on the same double move. I thought the line play was decent, but they were getting moved in the run game early, and if there were better athletes at rb, it could have been bad. Not sure what to make of the pass rush. I liked Moro’s intensity in the second half and Murphy’s effort throughout the game. I feel like even if the edges had gotten home more, the qb would have escaped and hurt them even more. He was as advertised. Seeing Bush or Ford in coverage makes me pretty queasy. 

It was a damn good win against a quality opponent, and the game was closer than most would care to admit for the first three quarters. The difference really was depth (which injuries exacerbated during the game), mental focus (untimely penalties & drops), and a couple of elite backs toting the rock. Credit to UTSA for playing hard. Credit Texas with keeping their composure and raising their game in the second half. There is no need to denigrate UTSA, Jeff Traylor (if you want to make doomsday predictions for his coaching career, at least get the comp right—it’s Chad Morris (or is it Art Briles, who just lucked into Kevin Kolb flipping to UH from OSU?/s) not Charlie Strong), or Hudson Card (he’s QB2 for a reason; what’s the fucking alternative?) for that matter. I’d say they all performed admirably, but right in line with where they were expected to perform. 

Good game. Now let’s focus on stomping the dog shit out of tech in front of all of their syphilitic fans, and stop bitching about how the backup qb, who is playing through his own injury, and who was the same qb we saw last week and most of last year, sucks. 

On Card—Stop acting like you had higher expectations for the kid when you knew or should have known what to expect for quite a while now. Some of you sound a lot like the aggies last year. He’s not Ewers. Sark knows that. Everybody knows that. Ewers is hurt, that’s why Card is in. He’s still at Texas. He certainly didn’t have to be. He’s doing the best he can (while injured) and he’s not turning the ball over (btw, a QBR in the 70s isn’t bad & Worthy definitely gave up on one of the deep balls). Deal with it..or be prepared to happily watch Wright or Murphy, if he weren’t injured, play like qbs who have never thrown a pass at the collegiate level (as we’ve seen, Ewers is the exception in this scenario). It can always be worse. Card is not fantastic, particularly on the deep balls. We knew that going into fall camp. Does it limit the offense in terms of what the defense has to protect against? Absolutely. It’s not ideal. We get it. It is what it is. Let’s move on and hope Ewers has a swift recovery.

spacer.png

• Haha 7

20 minutes ago, SamMan said:

This was an adventure to read. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, SamMan said:

That’s a lot of words to say the little things that happen in every football game also happened in this one and Traylor couldn’t overcome it, but we did.

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

UTSA's defense was all inside of 10 yards. By the time one of our backs hit the line of scrimmage someone completely clean was there to see to it that was all he got. You gotta throw your way out of that and we couldn't. Instead we inserted Rojo at the QB spot and used the read game to equalize the numbers, and Bijan took full advantage of that. 

• Hook 'Em 3