9.26.22 Coach Sark press conference @ 11AM

bigup2dahorns

1 hour ago, brojangles2 said:

I mean, running some shitty zone read that nobody buys at all, in no way quells the absence of Q, so honestly I do not associate the two together at all. 

Fucking this....wtf were those plays? The fact that they thought running the same exact play multiple times, with the same shittastic result has me questioning their brain cell count.

• Hook 'Em 1

Strong and Herman always said the same stuff after a infuriating loss and so did sark last year. We played hard, we blocked well, we did enough to win, no talk of a DC change becaise it won’t ever happen. Rinse, repeat. Enjoy two more years of sark till he’s fired. Same shit and they deal with everything the same. 

Mack Brown was a pussy at times but didn’t fuck around jettisoning shit D coordinators. Miss those days when we complained about 10 win seasons.
  • Hook 'Em 1

DVR'd the press conference to watch later. Later was a few minutes ago.  I could only get through a few minutes of it. I was born and bred burnt orange and put 2 daughters through which gives me a great deal of pride. I'm 65 years old, and never...NEVER have I felt like I do today. I had no idea that I could ever feel this disgusted and angry, damned near physically ill over the state of the football program.

Hook'Em...I guess??

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

I don’t expect any truth or revelations from these tiny staged dramas.

I certainly wouldn’t expect the HC to throw any of his staff under the bus at one either.

Actions speak louder than words, I hope some pink slip emails are being sent, but only fools rely on hope.

Edited by El Squared
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

What’s frustrating is there is some improvement. The run defense is significantly better. The pass rush is slightly better; mostly because the bar for that comparison is so low it’s basically in hell, but it’s still better. The OL is better in pass pro; they aren’t getting just crushed by simple twists and stunts any more. Christian Jones is playing much better football. Hudson Card is better. Fewer dropped passes.

It would seem that the main issue(s) carrying over from last year are the ones wearing the headsets.

Yes you are right the players are doing better. It is Sark being stubborn like Turtle Tom and not paying attention to what is happening with the defense so he can get things corrected during the game and his inability to see what is going wrong so he can make adjustments without having to watch tape after the game.

22 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

The Bijan carry a ball around campus deal is so stupid.

So many more issues in that game then that fumble. Giving up a 14pt lead in the 2H due to shitty defense and stubborn play calling on offense is far greater a problem than that fumble.

This. Also, you could feel the game turn on that wildcat that got stuffed in the 2nd half. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I sincerely hope that Sark doesn't believe the bullshit he's been spouting lately.

The biggest problem I see is that Sark is not able to be both HC and OC, He seems to be prioritizing OC. As HC, he absolutely has totally neglected his job to pay attention to what his D, under 'Kowski, is and is not doing, and fix it. He and PK seem to be okay with Gary Patterson to game plan but only for certain games. 

The least disruptive move at this point is to a) demote PK and add GP, and b) give Marion full OC authority and let him run the O without micro-management, i.e. set strategy and allow his OC to take care of tactics...

Or, fuck it, let this shit play out. If we get to 7-5 nothing will change, but if we go 5-7 (or worse) we'll fire PK and hire Patterson or someone else and Sark will continue to be HC and OC and maybe the new DC will pull his flaming ass out of the fire.

Or not.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

If you tune in to watch these you’re a sick fuck and you should seek help immediately.

It's not like anyone will be pleased by any answer a coach makes after an indefensible loss. There's nothing a coach can say that won't be criticised. I imagine they just suffer their way through the press conference while looking forward to fixing their problems that week in practice. The press will do what they do, fans will bitch and winning cures all.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

DVR'd the press conference to watch later. Later was a few minutes ago.  I could only get through a few minutes of it. I was born and bred burnt orange and put 2 daughters through which gives me a great deal of pride. I'm 65 years old, and never...NEVER have I felt like I do today. I had no idea that I could ever feel this disgusted and angry, damned near physically ill over the state of the football program.

Hook'Em...I guess??

Dude, late 80s and early 90s were a constant kick in the nuts. Only bright spot was Peter the great.... No, "shock the nation" wasn't a good year after being ass and mouth fucked by Miami.

This last decade sucks and it doesn't look like its getting better,but the time period above was brutal

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Hook'Em...I guess??

You felt worse today than say last years RRS choke job? I’m still pissed from that and this is just adding to my already pissed offness. 

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yes, Sarkisian absolutely failed as a head coach last week ...

Worse, he failed as OC, also, by either not having a game plan at all, or simply not seeing what was and wasn't working.

Fuck me, if we have an HC/OC who can't do either job, what do we expect? Keep running out an injured QB2 with half a play book, let's see if that works. Maybe we could try QB3 or QB4 and see if they have a pulse?

• Hook 'Em 2

22 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

None of these pussies asked if he’s considering a change at DC??

Letting go of Ash was a huge mistake. I thought the defense was playing a lot better in Ash's second year and then we have this huge drop-off in PK's first year and that continues into his second year.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Letting go of Ash was a huge mistake. I thought the defense was playing a lot better in Ash's second year and then we have this huge drop-off in PK's first year and that continues into his second year.

I'm not gonna defend the current shitshow, but the 2020 Texas squad was average at best. (7th in conf yds allowed, 6th in conf ppg allowed). I dont really put much weight in any 2020 results due to the complete fuckery that covid injected into the season, but at no point do I recall being amazed by our defense.

People bitch about how incompetent Belmont is in hiring HC's (rightfully so), but good luck hiring a head coach and telling him that he wont be able to choose DC. Once you make the decision that Herman needs to go, you've also made the decision that Yurich and Ash are gone as well. Its not a huge mistake, thats just how it works. 

20 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

The Bijan carry a ball around campus deal is so stupid.

So many more issues in that game then that fumble. Giving up a 14pt lead in the 2H due to shitty defense and stubborn play calling on offense is far greater a problem than that fumble.

Exactly. I mean you won't see Sark trolling around campus wearing a monkey costume all week. Even though the loss is pretty much on him. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, UTEE97 said:

Ash wasn't all that.  

edit: just for context, this screen shot is from a 2nd and 5 play, 4:20 left in the 4th quarter, with TCU down 3 points.  Duggan runs straight ahead untouched for the TD.  Watching that play unfold from the stands - from pre-snap alignment to untouched in the end one - was like a slow motion car crash.

www.youtube.com_watch_v=5Qv3Li9S6jg&list=PLGC4yJCNFYnecBGxl50COJyyyrUbm_Evt&index=3.png

Edited by someguy
venting more
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

21 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Anyone ask him why the offense only managed 1 TD in the second half after cruising in the first? And why that's happened like 6 times in his Texas tenure?

10 or less points in the second half against:

• Tech
  • Bama
  • KSt 2021
  • Iowa St 2021
  • Baylor 2021
  • Oklahoma St 2021
  • Oklahoma 2021
  • TCU 2021

All ass, no wins.

20 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Yes, Sarkisian absolutely failed as a head coach last week by not identifying the stupidity of the defensive gameplan on Sunday as soon as it was proposed by PK. Everything after that and during the game was just added on top. 

Its really hard to wrap my head around. We have two decorated and experienced football minds in Sark and PK. There's also GP just in case. I'm not an "Xs and Os" guy and when I listen to just a few minutes of either of them breaking down plays, concepts, and formations, its obvious that I know so little relative to them. 

And yet, four days before the game I watch 6 minutes of a Texas Homer "Texas vs TTU" preview video on Youtube while really high and I understand that the only thing the Tech offense does well is complete short passes.

At this point I’d rather us just get our shit pushed in instead of losing the way we lose. It’s a comedy at this point. We don’t lose normal. We lose because a RB tries to reach the ball to the endzone from the 3 yd line and shit like that. Of course the dude that never fumbles, fumbles the ball first carry of OT. This team is just torture at this point

On 9/26/2022 at 3:56 PM, Tex Long said:

Worse, he failed as OC, also, by either not having a game plan at all, or simply not seeing what was and wasn't working.

Fuck me, if we have an HC/OC who can't do either job, what do we expect? Keep running out an injured QB2 with half a play book, let's see if that works. Maybe we could try QB3 or QB4 and see if they have a pulse?

Maybe we could get Case McCoy as a QB analyst for Sark.

On 9/26/2022 at 1:51 PM, CoTex said:

Would you we need to improve in the “all gas” part of this operation, or maybe focus our efforts on the “no brakes” end of things, coach?

The “gas” in the 2nd half was methane generated by Sark as he sharted away the lead over 30 minutes . No power from that gas & liquid to move a football, just enough though change the color of underwear.