This Oklahoma team JUST LOOKS DIFFERENT: OU Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

3 hours ago, Not a Sock said:

Hmmm… A “elite defensive head coach” that is doing a complete culture rebuild after the last head coach let the program get soft, while getting blown the fuck out by TCU and getting shut out in humiliating fashion where his team just rolls over and dies without any fight? Where have I heard this story before?

And even those teams showed up to play and fight in Dallas.  We absolutely broke their will yesterday.  It was glorious.  

OU 247]

Two weeks ago, it didn’t look like things could get a whole heck of a lot worse for Oklahoma after a porous defensive effort led to a 41-34 home loss to Kansas State.

One week ago, it was tough to imagine things getting any worse after TCU boat-raced the Sooners 55-24.

Rock bottom may finally have come yesterday in the Cotton Bowl, as Brent Venables’ team looked nothing short of inept in all facets of the game. The Sooners’ historic 49-0 loss at the hands of rival Texas marked the first time since 1998 that they’d been shut out. It’s become one enormous, wholesale funk for Oklahoma, and the season is in danger of entering an irreversible downward spiral if solutions aren’t found quickly.

So where should the fingers be pointing? Here’s an answer for six primary areas in which the Sooners are floundering right now. For a more complete breakdown of this team's many quandaries, I would recommend to you the OUInsider Under the Visor Postgame Podcast.

(Photo: Parker Thune, 247Sports)

OFFENSE
Don’t blame: Jeff Lebby. The one guy that Lebby hand-picked to run his scheme was watching from the sideline in shorts yesterday. The Sooners’ offense is thoroughly dysfunctional without a trigger man who knows the ins and outs of Lebby’s system. Is it fair to question the bizarre gameplan yesterday? Absolutely. In fact, I would argue that you should. But it isn’t cause to throw Lebby under the bus and hold him responsible for the last three games’ outcomes. Oklahoma’s defense has allowed 41, 55 and 49 points, respectively, in those losses. Moreover, Lebby can’t make Dillon Gabriel hit a receiver between the numbers, and he can’t stand behind Davis Beville and guide him to throw a spiral like a parent teaching their four-year-old how to swing a baseball bat. By no means has Lebby been above reproach, but he is among the least of Oklahoma’s issues right now. If your first recourse is to complain about playcalling, I would posit that there are at least 5-6 other glaring issues that need to be resolved before the most immaculate of offensive gameplans will win the Sooners a football game.

Blame: Dillon Gabriel’s absence. I don’t know if there is a signal-caller in the universe that could have won the game for Oklahoma yesterday (or the week before that) given the performance by the Sooner defense. However, I think most can reasonably agree that with 8 under center, the Sooners wouldn’t have been shut out, and half the offensive gameplan wouldn’t have revolved around a Wildcat package that never even pretended to operate with the intention of throwing the ball. Gabriel is far from a perfect quarterback, and he has his shortcomings and limitations. But he owns the only arm on the roster with the capacity to lift Oklahoma to victory. Hell, he evidently owns the only arm that the coaching staff even vaguely trusts. This offense will take several steps up once he returns, but the picture is pretty bleak if he's forced to miss more time.

DEFENSIVE FRONT
Don’t blame: Lack of talent. It’s undeniable that Jalen Redmond is a future NFL player, and the same can be said for Ethan Downs and Danny Stutsman. All signs point toward R Mason Thomas and Jaren Kanak eventually joining that elite fraternity as well, while Reggie Grimes and Isaiah Coe have had some very encouraging flashes at times. The Sooners’ issues up front are not indicative of a talent void. It's not the reason why they don't have a sack over their last three games. They're too good on paper to be playing this way.

Blame: Fatigue and poor execution. The Sooners’ front seven is ravaged, especially at linebacker. It remains an utter conundrum why Kanak typically doesn’t see the field before the fourth quarter, especially with Oklahoma down to three healthy scholarship upperclassmen at linebacker. There may not be three players on the entire roster as physically spent as Stutsman, David Ugwoegbu and Dashaun White right now. The only remotely proven commodity that could spell any of the three is Kanak, and yet the staff’s reticence to deploy him persists. Marcus Stripling and Thomas have both missed time, as has Downs. Shane Whitter is done for the year. There's an alarming dearth of depth in the front seven. Does fatigue play into poor execution? Absolutely, even if it doesn't completely justify it. The Sooners have been a colander against the run, and they've once again become generally terrible at tackling. They're getting no pressure on the quarterback. What's maddening is that we've seen these exact same players play substantially better, sometimes dominantly. They have it in them. It's just not happening right now. And despite everyone's best diagnostic efforts (including my own), there's not a singular answer as to why that is.

SECONDARY
Don’t blame: Poor technique and coaching. It’s easy to point to coverage lapses like Woodi Washington’s pair of ugly pass interference penalties against TCU and say that this group isn’t being coached well. But even flawless technique can’t account for low football IQ, which seems to be endemic across this roster. Poor technique doesn’t lead to coverage bust after coverage bust. Knowing the assignment and executing it is on the player, not the coach — as the age-old adage goes, you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink. Right now, Jay Valai and Brandon Hall have about a dozen horses that simply won’t drink.

Blame: Personnel disadvantages. It’s just not a talented secondary right now for Oklahoma, and it’s been bitten by the injury bug as well. Billy Bowman and Damond Harmon are on the shelf. Kani Walker and Joshua Eaton are banged up. Beyond that, Jaden Davis has a ceiling and he’s pretty much hit it. Justin Broiles is what he is. Meanwhile, Key Lawrence’s enigmatic fall from grace only makes the safety situation all the more murky. Woodi Washington hadn’t played safety in two years before Saturday, which tells you just how little faith Venables and the staff have in Lawrence. DJ Graham, Trey Morrison and Kendall Dennis are simply average football players. The one guy that had a nice outing on Saturday was CJ Coldon, who turned in plenty of quality coverage reps and had an interception. Until Bowman returns to stabilize the back end, this secondary is going to take its lumps. And until the Sooners have the chance to bring in high-impact defensive backs like Makari Vickers and Jacobe Johnson, you’re just not going to see elite play in the defensive backfield. It might be nice — it might be real nice — to start giving some more snaps to Gentry Williams and Robert Spears-Jennings, because it’s not going to get much worse regardless.

MOMENTUM
Don’t blame: Lack of effort. In general, this team isn’t loafing. They’re not checked out between the hashes. Effort is one of the easiest dartboards to target after a couple of bad losses, but the Sooners’ struggles aren’t because they’re not trying. Much in line with the earlier point about fatigue, this group is leaving it all on the field. They’re exhausted. But they keep taking body blow after body blow, and they’re too battered to shake back at this point without a reprieve. That Oct. 22 open date cannot come soon enough for this football team. But beyond physical weariness, look at a couple of other key factors here…

Blame: Lack of mental fortitude — and some bad luck. This is a football team that gets down on itself way too easily. We’ve seen it time and time again: one bad play turns into two and then three, and before long, it’s a full-blown nosedive. That said, if Stutsman draws a holding call on the third-and-16 scramble by Adrian Martinez, maybe things go down differently. If Dashaun White keeps his eyes on that Max Duggan pass for a split second longer, maybe he waltzes into the end zone and the complexity of that TCU game shifts. If the ground doesn’t jolt an interception out of Washington’s hands yesterday, maybe the Sooners get on the board first and start to take some air out of Texas’ sails. Plays like those can represent the razor’s edge at times — but they shouldn’t represent the razor’s edge for a team that’s capable of maintaining focus and confidence in the face of retrograde momentum. The Sooners don’t have that capability, and that’s one of the major challenges of the culture shift right now.

DEPTH
Don’t blame: The staff’s “apathy” in the transfer portal. This has become a popularly circulated narrative, especially as it pertains to the quarterback situation. But as I mentioned in several threads over the weekend, it’s not as if the OU staffers sat on their respective haunches for four months and then said “screw it… Davis Beville.” The Sooners pursued Jaxson Dart, Chubba Purdy, Casey Thompson and Gerry Bohanon, among others. However, in an increasingly me-first era of college football, it’s not at all an easy thing to convince an experienced quarterback to accept a backup role. Beville was the one available QB that jumped at the opportunity. Regardless of position, it is all too easy for fans to point at impactful portal additions elsewhere and say, “Why didn’t Oklahoma just get that guy?” As a general rule, that’s far easier said than done. The staff did what they could with the hand they were dealt.

Blame: Recruiting whiffs and portal casualties. There are 36 scholarship players left on the roster who signed with Oklahoma under Lincoln Riley. That exclusive group includes such decorated luminaries as Brey Walker, Kori Roberson, Aaryn Parks and Marcus Alexander. I am by no means going to hold the former staff accountable for all of the Sooners’ woes right now, because that simply isn’t fair despite what many fans would prefer to believe. But one thing that’s undeniable is that they were questionable evaluators of talent. For every Delarrin Turner-Yell and Brian Asamoah, there are four or five of the likes of Jalin Conyers, Michael Thompson and Joseph Wete. If a team doesn't establish stability and camaraderie year after year, it's tough to sustain any sort of success, and it's astronomically difficult to establish stability and camaraderie when it's a constantly revolving door of personnel. That issue started with Lincoln Riley; it can't continue with Brent Venables. If we're having this same conversation a year from now, that's a red flag. This problem is one that most should be willing to write off for the moment, as long as it doesn't become a pattern in the post-Riley era.

MORALE
Don’t blame: Losing. Losing is never an excuse. It can’t be an excuse. The very phenomenon and experience of losing is not the reason this team looks thoroughly defeated, no pun intended. It’s not the reason why the sideline is utterly devoid of emotion. These guys don’t enjoy losing. They’re pissed, and it’s evident on their countenances. They’re bewildered and they’re embarrassed. But losing will do that to any football team. In and of itself, it shouldn’t be enough to shoot down morale. But it can contribute significantly to a lack of morale if you don’t have one very important cog…

Blame: Lack of an alpha dog. There are players on this roster who have been through adversity before. But there isn’t a Kenneth Murray on this roster. There isn’t a Baker Mayfield. There isn’t even a Ronnie Perkins. There isn’t a player who has earned the respect of the entire locker room for his leadership qualities and his play on the field. Just to pick one example, Justin Broiles is sure as hell trying to lead, but he’s simply a mediocre football player. The rest of the unit naturally isn’t going to respond to his exhortations like they would for someone like K9. At what point will somebody with those leadership traits start playing well enough to command respect? Or conversely, at what point will anybody start playing well enough to put himself in position to be an effective emotional leader? Until somebody seizes the bull by the horns and shocks some life into this team, the tailspin will continue

• Haha 1
  • Drool 2

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

OU 247]

OFFENSE
Don’t blame: Jeff Lebby. The one guy that Lebby hand-picked to run his scheme was watching from the sideline in shorts yesterday. The Sooners’ offense is thoroughly dysfunctional without a trigger man who knows the ins and outs of Lebby’s system.

This is fucking gold.  If an OC's offense only works if he has a 5th year Sr. with years in the system - than that OC sucks (aggy might want to take a look at that).  The gameplan Lebby came up with was absolute dog-shit, and if they didn't have a QB on the roster capable of throwing a pass - that's on Lebby as much as anyone.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Yea that reeks of desperation to try and place the blame on the jimmy and Joe’s instead of giving any sort of blame to the coaches.

I’m guessing they think they’re righting up some sort of message to fans and recruits: “trust us, it’s not the coaches, we promise. We just need a whole new roster.”

49 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Yea that reeks of desperation to try and place the blame on the jimmy and Joe’s instead of giving any sort of blame to the coaches.

I’m guessing they think they’re righting up some sort of message to fans and recruits: “trust us, it’s not the coaches, we promise. We just need a whole new roster.”

Funny enough we said similar last year, but we could see glimpses of the offensive scheme and knew it wasn’t the coaches completely. We were proven right with Ewers replacing Thompson/Card. BV and Lebby recruited all these QBs from the portal or flipped Evers from another school. They didn’t inherit them and were stuck with them.  

3 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This is fucking gold.  If an OC's offense only works if he has a 5th year Sr. with years in the system - than that OC sucks (aggy might want to take a look at that).  The gameplan Lebby came up with was absolute dog-shit, and if they didn't have a QB on the roster capable of throwing a pass - that's on Lebby as much as anyone.

Yeah, Gabriel being out hurts, but how do you not have another QB on the roster that you comfortable throwing the ball past the LOS? Did you spend any time working with Beville to get him comfortable with some aspect of your offense?

3 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Does Nick Evers stick around. I can't imagine he wants to play on this trash offense 

I mean I think he might be good but his one pass yesterday was worse than awful. At least I think I remember seeing a throw that somehow wobbled like a floating duck but went straight into the ground 5 yards short on a 15 yard throw. 

This thread is paying huge emotional dividends for me. Thank you, @texifornia

It's never about the program. It's always about the head coach. Unless you're Ohio State, and then I guess they just slot anyone and it all works out. 

I hope this is an absolute miserable 3 or 4 years or however much rope they give Venables. 

This doesn't erase the 2004 shutout, or the blowouts Stoops inflicted on us in the early 2000s, but ending a 24 year streak of not being shutout sure feels like a nice bit of revenge to me. The schadenfreude reading through the OU takes is so satiating for me. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Funny enough we said similar last year, but we could see glimpses of the offensive scheme and knew it wasn’t the coaches completely. We were proven right with Ewers replacing Thompson/Card. BV and Lebby recruited all these QBs from the portal or flipped Evers from another school. They didn’t inherit them and were stuck with them.  

Last year we couldn’t hold a lead. We weren’t getting skull fucked start to finish. 

6 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

This thread is paying huge emotional dividends for me. Thank you, @texifornia

It's never about the program. It's always about the head coach. Unless you're Ohio State, and then I guess they just slot anyone and it all works out. 

I hope this is an absolute miserable 3 or 4 years or however much rope they give Venables. 

This doesn't erase the 2004 shutout, or the blowouts Stoops inflicted on us in the early 2000s, but ending a 24 year streak of not being shutout sure feels like a nice bit of revenge to me. The schadenfreude reading through the OU takes is so satiating for me. 

Good to see you on the board!  I see three years.  Joe C. won't let them flounder too long, unfortunately.  

One can hope but if the wheels really come off this year with defense being the main reason, an impending move to the sec and Texas righting the ship, there will be tremendous pressure to make a move earlier but hard to see why major school firing someone without at least 3 years.  I do think they've got enough talent that they'll be more competitive and be decent in the future but with bv, I think they've got their own Charlie Strong, a defensive coordinator who requires elite talent and a transcendent QB to field a competitive team.  And remember, Clemson played 3 tough games per year in a watered down ACC during his time, not that different from Louiville

On 10/10/2022 at 4:56 AM, Acropora said:

Good to see you on the board!  I see three years.  Joe C. won't let them flounder too long, unfortunately.  

One can hope but if the wheels really come off this year with defense being the main reason, an impending move to the sec and Texas righting the ship, there will be tremendous pressure to make a move earlier but hard to see why major school firing someone without at least 3 years.  I do think they've got enough talent that they'll be more competitive and be decent in the future but with bv, I think they've got their own Charlie Strong, a defensive coordinator who requires elite talent and a transcendent QB to field a competitive team.  And remember, Clemson played 3 tough games per year in a watered down ACC during his time, not that different from Louiville

Remember when Deloss was the best AD in the country? Until he wasn’t…?

On 10/9/2022 at 9:10 PM, campcrunk said:

Fuck Josh Eaton, Billy Bowman, Kobie McKinzie, Savion Byrd, DaShaun White, and every other Texas target that picked that shithole. Fuck Jay Valai and fuck that whole team. I hope they lose every game from now to eternity - as karma for hiring a rape enabling, absolute human landfill of an OC, if nothing else. 

But most of all: fuck Drake Stoops. Just because.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

What do you do when adversity strikes? Well according to BV you roll over and try to run out the clock and not even attempt to score any points to keep your biggest rival from getting a shutout on top of a blowout and ruin a 24 year scoring streak.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

Lol it’s game 6 and he’s publicly airing out players not being happy and telling them to leave.  This dude is going to be a disaster at ou.  Sark never threw his players under the bus last year when we went on a 6 game losing streak and the malcontents like BJ Foster and Joshua Moore had basically quit mid season.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 3

A bunch of people are already out on Venables. OU's got a streak of sellout crowds since 2000. That'll probably be broken this weekend vs Kansas. OU's beaten the Jayhawks 17 straight times by an average of 30 points. No margin has been less than 10 points.

If Gabriel doesn't play, OU could get routed again.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, quigley said:

A bunch of people are already out on Venables. OU's got a streak of sellout crowds since 2000. That'll probably be broken this weekend vs Kansas. OU's beaten the Jayhawks 17 straight times by an average of 30 points. No margin has been less than 10 points.

The sellout streak will survive because Jayhawks fans will treat OU Stadium like Cowboys fans treated SoFi this past Sunday. 

When the Jayhawks take the field, they won’t even know that they’re not in Kansas anymore.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Lol it’s game 6 and he’s publicly airing out players not being happy and telling them to leave.  This dude is going to be a disaster at ou.  Sark never threw his players under the bus last year when we went on a 6 game losing streak and the malcontents like BJ Foster and Joshua Moore had basically quit mid season.

The difference is performance vs expectations. Texas wasn't coming off 8 straight top 10 finishes and wasn't getting beaten by 30 and 50 points. Plus the arrogant bullshit Venables has been spewing since his hire is being revealed as empty.

One of the most interesting aspects of this is the schadenfreude that former play color commenters show. Robert Griffin (vs TCU) and that former Bama QB from Dallas (vs UT) were giddy as they were describing OU's incompetence.

Edited by quigley

9 minutes ago, quigley said:

Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Edited by Acropora

21 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Did Foster really quit or did he just really suck?

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, quigley said:

The difference is performance vs expectations. Texas wasn't coming off 8 straight top 10 finishes and wasn't getting beaten by 30 and 50 points. Plus the arrogant bullshit Venables has been spewing since his hire is being revealed as empty.

One of the most interesting aspects of this is the schadenfreude that former play color commenters show. Robert Griffin (vs TCU) and that former Bama QB from Dallas (vs UT) were giddy as they were describing OU's incompetence.

I mean, fuck OU. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Did Foster really quit or did he just really suck?

I think he definitely checked out. He has talent. Maybe not enough to justify his recruiting ranking. But the way he played during the second half of the season made me think he just quit on the season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, campcrunk said:

I think he definitely checked out. He has talent. Maybe not enough to justify his recruiting ranking. But the way he played during the second half of the season made me think he just quit on the season

It's sad because when he was a frosh he looked like he was going to breakout. He could lay some kicks, but was a little slow. Makes me wonder if he studied the playbook or chased tail more. 

On 10/9/2022 at 10:03 PM, Huckleberry said:

I mean I think he might be good but his one pass yesterday was worse than awful. At least I think I remember seeing a throw that somehow wobbled like a floating duck but went straight into the ground 5 yards short on a 15 yard throw. 

Some of the OU posters can probably weigh in but I know I read he wasn't anywhere near ready and that pass was about par for the course.   It's kind of what objectively I thought we would blow them out.  Not 49-0 but I thought (and posted) they would have to run a wild cat or QB heavy run of some sort to have offense after watching Beville look exactly like he did against against us vs. TCU.  Someone on an OU board posted there were rumors the coaching staff had already seen enough of Evers and effectively moving on but that could be message board nonsense.

So this begs the question - how ready to play is Arnold next year?  I've never seen highlights but I know someone posted here he doesn't exactly look like the player ready to step in. But if he's basically being told the job is his next year, does that impact their ability to find someone decent in the portal?  Is it too much to hope that their QB situation is a total mess next year in a season BV has to make progress?

Edited by Skipper

5 minutes ago, Shaggyhorn said:

We all should hope OU manages to go 3-3 from here and knock’s off OSU or another top big 12 team.

Just good enough to not fire Venables, but bad enough to not have much to sell.

OU’s recruiting class will keep the coaching staff intact for at least another year or two. They’ll give BV time. Let them lose out. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Some of the OU posters can probably weigh in but I know I read he wasn't anywhere near ready and that pass was about par for the course.   It's kind of what objectively I thought we would blow them out.  Not 49-0 but I thought (and posted) they would have to run a wild cat or QB heavy run of some sort to have offense after watching Beville look exactly like he did against against us vs. TCU.  Someone on an OU board posted there were rumors the coaching staff had already seen enough of Evers and effectively moving on but that could be message board nonsense.

So this begs the question - how ready to play is Arnold next year?  I've never seen highlights but I know someone posted here he doesn't exactly look like the player ready to step in. But if he's basically being told the job is his next year, does that impact their ability to find someone decent in the portal?  Is it too much to hope that their QB situation is a total mess next year in a season BV has to make progress?

I listened to the SoonerScoop podcast yesterday while doing some routine stuff and heard the first 45 minutes of it. I've never listened to it before and likely never will again, but it was fun. In any event, those guys run the site, report on the program with press passes, and talk to the coaches and players offline. When discussing the future QB situation, they spoke matter of fact that 2023 will be Arnold's team. 

Evers was overrated in high school and it shouldn't surprise anyone if he never amounts to being much as a P5 QB. That considered, I am not sure Arnold should be thought of differently. Go watch his film. He's okay. That he is considered a 5 star is comical. The differences between him and Manning or Nelson or Moore in the 2023 class are fundamental. If OU is betting the program on Arnold, we are in for some really hilarious shit.

Other random stuff I discovered from that podcast:

1) They couldn't bring themselves to discuss Texas or even say Texas during the episode. They kept lumping the UT and TCU losses together. Small-minded, insecure dipshits.

2) The big reason, they believe, that OU is getting blown out is because Venables has been working the team too hard every week in practice. Seriously, they went back to this over and over. They've been to practices recently and, comically, Venables is treating the first two practices of the week, every week, as basic tests of manhood in order to develop a culture of toughness and togetherness. If this guy is really beating the shit out of his team every week in drills, he's actually dumber than he looks, and I've always thought he looked like a junior high coach pervert.

3) They're pining for Bob Stoops to come out to practices and work with Venables to run them for the duration of the season.

4) They do not think people that matter are "out" on Venables, but they do think that people that matter will be "out" on Venables if OU suffers any more blowouts. 

5) They lamented the lack of talent and how this next recruiting class and the transfer portal will save them. I am almost curious enough to go listen to their podcast just before the first game and just after the Nebraska game. I'm going to bet they weren't doing much lamenting of their talent situation. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Gabriel has another year of eligibility and has no future in the NFL, why would Arnold be the team's QB in 2023 unless Gabriel retires?

Because Gabriel sucks. Don't forget he was the QB vs TCU and KState. 

It would be like asking "Casey Thompson has another year of eligibility and has no future in the NFL, why would Ewers be the team's QB in 2022 unless Thompson retires?" 

Edited by Hornlover
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

It would be like asking "Casey Thompson has another year of eligibility and has no future in the NFL, why would Ewers be the team's QB in 2022 unless Thompson retires?" 

Because Gabriel is venables’ hand picked qb savior, per them, from the time he transferred there until just before the ksu game. 

11 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Gabriel has another year of eligibility and has no future in the NFL, why would Arnold be the team's QB in 2023 unless Gabriel retires?

7 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

If he uses a COVID year doesn't he have two more years?  This will only be his third Varsity season.

Gabriel has at least one more year of eligibility. That said, QB isn't the biggest longterm problem. Throw Davis Beville on the 2016 to 2018 OU offenses, and OU may have kept it competitive for a half. OU's OL would have churned out enough yards to keep UT's offenses off the field more and led to a couple of legitimate drives. 2022 was Bedenbaugh's prove it year. I'm a hard out on him. The OTs have promise, but they've got other options on the interior. The OG play the last two years has been average or worse and C has been worse than that. I want to see other guys get snaps at this point. Unless I see marked improvement on the OL by year's end, Bedenbaugh needs to go. (This'll never happened of course because Lebby and Bill are tight back from when Bill recruited Lebby in high school).

OU doesn't have the skill position talent they did back then, but it's still top 2-3 in the conference and probably top 20 nationally. RB has Gray who's playing the best he has at OU, which is above average. Major was looking good before an injury. Barnes looks very promising, and Sawchuk had hype in high school at least. Mims and Farooq are really good WR. They have other freshmen with talent, and Stoops and Wease deserves more touches as possession receivers.

OU needs to bring down Sherrone Moore from Michigan. He's elevated the Wolverine OL since he's taken over. While your at it, get Steve Clinkscale, who's had competent DB units every year a Kentucky and Michigan. They need to donate the hundreds of thousands of dollars going to Ted Roof to charity.

13 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Versus K-St, Gabriel's third down play vs Martinez was a pivotal difference in the game. OU went 0-for 3rd and long. Nebraska went 3/6 in the same situation. Based on their performances at their prior stops and even earlier this year, I would've guessed Gabriel would've vastly out-performed Martinez in obvious passing downs.

Versus TCU, Gabriel was again off-target on third down, but OU's defense getting SHREDDED made it so that it wasn't going to matter.