who the fuck is the new guy on ESPN gameday?

Gil Bang

5 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I haven't watched much this year.  First time I saw him I assumed he's some bro-country douchebag singer "celebrity", because he looks like one.   But he's still on there? 

The Fox show is better BTW

I was wondering the same thing. I also don't know the skinny fucker doing SEC shit. He has a beard and does a lot of dodge commercials. He actually annoys me more than the guy on GameDay. 

Agree FOX show is better. It's good to see Reggie and Matt every Saturday. Great reminder of what VY did to them. They seem to be decent guys these days.

2 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

I was wondering the same thing. I also don't know the skinny fucker doing SEC shit. He has a beard and does a lot of dodge commercials. He actually annoys me more than the guy on GameDay. 

Agree FOX show is better. It's good to see Reggie and Matt every Saturday. Great reminder of what VY did to them. They seem to be decent guys these days.

They always were decent guys.  Reggie's stepdad was dirty.  Matt was just a spoiled, rich college kid.  We've all met a few that were actually decent guys once you got to know them. 

Remember, those two guys went to the Texas locker room after the game.  That right there says a lot about them. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Pat Mcafee? He’s great. He was the long time kicker for the colts and he has his own sports show that is a good listen. He drastically improved game day. 

Probably who he’s talking about. I’m sure he’s been brought in to be the “new” Corso, who I’d guess will retire after this season. I didn’t want to like McAfee but he’s been a good addition thus far.

Probably who he’s talking about. I’m sure he’s been brought in to be the “new” Corso, who I’d guess will retire after this season. I didn’t want to like McAfee but he’s been a good addition thus far.

We can only hope. But I’ve been hoping they would mothball Corso for years.

3 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

Lol ok bro

You knew who that was without google?  What percentage of the viewers do you think did? 5%?  Less?  That was a worse choice than the white rapper they had on earlier this year, at least there is some cross over there.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

Marty Smith is a great sideline reporter

R.94a8f97fa1d194620021abec15cc7e4d?rik=q

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

McAfee is better than many alternatives on the ESPN roster. Including NASCAR super douche Marty Smith. Also, imagine Booger or Marcus Spears on Gameday.

He's their "do some crazy shit on campus so people don't realize Des is a semi-functional regard" guy. 

I think Finebaum eventually makes it on when Texas & OU ascend. 

Jess Sims over Kendall Toole is a headscratcher. If you're going to poach at Peloton, at least take the best one. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I found him annoying initially, and I sometimes still do.  But he's also sometimes insightful and funny.  I think he needs to tone down the WWE voice a little and he'll be okay.

First week I was like fuck this douche nozzle. He is growing on me. No homo.

• Like 1

I think the guy that has to hate him the most is David Pollack as McAfee is taking over slots/chair space on the show that used to be Pollack's.  I always thought Pollack did a good job...his steadfast refusal to eat the local foods notwithstanding. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hozz said:

You knew who that was without google?  What percentage of the viewers do you think did? 5%?  Less?  That was a worse choice than the white rapper they had on earlier this year, at least there is some cross over there.

I mean who gives a shit. Go outside and yell at the clouds old man 😂😂

And I assume you mean jack harlow, one of the biggest acts out right now. Maybe don’t watch?

Edited by CowboyFred
  • Fuck You 1

27 minutes ago, mdleast said:

I think the guy that has to hate him the most is David Pollack as McAfee is taking over slots/chair space on the show that used to be Pollack's.  I always thought Pollack did a good job...his steadfast refusal to eat the local foods notwithstanding. 

That’s a quality observation. It has to bother Pollock.

• Like 1

I never watch GameDay.  Because it’s a terrible show. But I’ve known since week 1 McAfee is on it. Because I’m alive in this world. Sweet thread Gil Bang’d. 

And no, imma. McAfee is a fucking doucher. His 15 minutes is curiously lasting as long as Corso’s stroke recovery. 

I never watch GameDay.  Because it’s a terrible show. But I’ve known since week 1 McAfee is on it. Because I’m alive in this world. Sweet thread Gil Bang’d. 
And no, imma. McAfee is a fucking doucher. His 15 minutes is curiously lasting as long as Corso’s stroke recovery. 

McAfee didn’t start the season on GameDay, I don’t think.

McAfee is better than anything ESPN has on that show and it isn’t close. They knew what they were doing when they added him to the show. I’ll add: not sure when they did it, but notice how the theme song/band has added like 30 new singers including a woman and another black man who just repeats what is being said? DIVERSITY DAMMIT! They also barely show John Rich because he is now a vocal conservative voice. Anyway, I haven’t watched it awhile. Big Noon is better. 

2 minutes ago, Dignan said:

McAfee is better than anything ESPN has on that show and it isn’t close. They knew what they were doing when they added him to the show. I’ll add: not sure when they did it, but notice how the theme song/band has added like 30 new singers including a woman and another black man who just repeats what is being said? DIVERSITY DAMMIT! They also barely show John Rich because he is now a vocal conservative voice. Anyway, I haven’t watched it awhile. Big Noon is better. 

Maybe barely show John Rich because he's a fucking terrible musician?