Citizens of Sanity

PenelopeWitherspoon

9 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Yep. saw it...   Fuck these people. Told my friend this was very odd. Quite Russian and prepared. 

It is strange.  Support of Ukraine polls at something like 75% in the US.  Attacking Biden over it seems counterproductive.

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, WBT said:

It is strange.  Support of Ukraine polls at simething like 75% in the US.  Attacking Biden over it seems counterproductive.

Something being unpopular is the starting point for republicans. 

Edited by 4th&Five
  • Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The gop is laying the groundwork to slowing down and stopping support of Ukraine. I wouldn’t be surprised if we start seeing Tucker mention that there are some bad elements in the Ukrainian govt and army.  Then keep expanding that message.

Wait, did he stop doing that for a while?

He's Mr. "I'm rooting for Russia"

Edited by TexasEd
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, tchookem said:

The ads we see in Texas are all about "illegals" killing people.

I was in Minnesota a couple of weeks ago, and these same ads were running non-stop on TV.  I couldn't believe that Minnesotans were so concerned about the Mexican border..

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I was in Minnesota a couple of weeks ago, and these same ads were running non-stop on TV.  I couldn't believe that Minnesotans were so concerned about the Mexican border..

It's cheaper than making new ads that speak to the hordes of Canadians pouring over their northern border.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

just saw the ad on the OSU/PSU game. fucking gross. it says that ~$60B was sent to Ukraine as if that's all the money we have. such dishonest bullshit that literally undermines our national security. sanity. as if

They ran the spot again. Fuck them.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, TexasEd said:

Wait, did he stop doing that for a while?

He's Mr. "I'm rooting for Russia"

Yeah, Tucker had been in Putin’s corner from the start.  Fucking shameless Republicans that were all against those evil godless communists 30 years ago, but trip over themselves to heap praise on the same fucking people with different job titles, and that are now called Russians instead of Soviets.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

More and more I am coming to the conclusion people need and want to be controlled. Breaks my heart. I grew up with such a different outlook. 

I think more than anything, people want to feel like they're right, and bonus points if some other group is wrong.  We thrive on self-righteousness and tribalism and we always have.  Fox News has made itself the new religion and taken it to 11.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TexArcher said:

This country is so broken.

Gotta take over the SCOTUS and overturn Citizens United, then pass real legislation against dark money and foreign money fueling anti-american ideas. That's at least the first 2 steps to getting back to normal.

• Hook 'Em 2

This bears repeating, especially to your Fox News/CoS following relatives and acquaintances:

Let’s make one thing clear: it was never a proxy war. russia always saw us as less of people, always hated and never really respected. russia would’ve attacked Ukraine, with West or without. But with West’s help Ukraine has more chances to defeat russia, for good.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Gotta take over the SCOTUS and overturn Citizens United, then pass real legislation against dark money and foreign money fueling anti-american ideas. That's at least the first 2 steps to getting back to normal.

Correct. 

Even now, dark money is funding these right wing polling firms that are flooding the zone with really bad polling to set the narrative 

It annoys me that they use "Sanity" in their name, because it makes me think of the Jon Stewart/Colbert Rally To Restore Sanity And/or Fear from 12 years ago. "Sanity" is the last word that should be associated with the current Republican party. I still have my rally towel from it. Good times back then, a simpler time it was, things have really gone off the track since then. 

Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear - Wikipedia

Edited by Dutchrudder

8 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

It annoys me that they use "Sanity" in their name, because it makes me think of the Jon Stewart/Colbert Rally To Restore Sanity And/or Fear from 12 years ago. "Sanity" is the last word that should be associated with the current Republican party. I still have my rally towel from it. Good times back then, a simpler time it was, things have really gone off the track since then. 

Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear - Wikipedia

Right-wing propagandists are very good at coming up with names for things that sound good (or bad, depending) but that mischaracterize the issue or outright contradict their intended objective. Frank Luntz has made a career out of it.

Citizens for Sedition:

Weaponize Fear – Embrace a language of violence, promote a more punitive culture, and leverage military might at home. Give critics reason to believe they will be harmed if they oppose

Undermine Institutions— Take over the courts, eliminate checks and balances, undo established treaties and legislation that limits executive power and weakens protections for free and fair elections.

Rewrite History — Exert control over schools and the media to indoctrinate the public with beliefs that reinforce autocratic power.

Divide and Conquer — Use hate speech and encourage violent actors to widen social rifts and use manufactured crises to seize more power.

Erode Truth — Attack the press as an “enemy of the people”; dismiss negative reports as “fake news,” counter legitimate information with disinformation, or “alternative facts.” Blast the media landscape with endless scandals and contradictions to overwhelm the traditional fail-safes.