Gone posters

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/18/2023 at 5:01 PM, bolverk said:

What happened to @Bama Chick and @Mrs Whiggins?

I'm around but rarely. Workload steadily increased post pandemic and balancing that with other daily events meant less time to scroll the feeds. Check in now and then, like today when I saw the Ag football coach was announced. Have caught the Horn games and love how those guys are having a great season. Took some patience, but slow and steady improvement is such a buzz.

On 10/18/2023 at 9:10 PM, Hate said:

I’m sure they are both wonderful people in real life and I hope they are both doing well. They were frequent CR posters that just couldn’t help themselves in the DT.  

Doing fine. Can't help but wonder if you're confusing me with someone else? The author of the original post in the CR  started to avoid political discussion in DT surrounding something called COVID?

Hope your surgery recovery is complete and everyone here is doing well. Every time another announcement or "leak" breaks from College Station, I keep thinking of the marvelous Thujone art and how I could never have predicted such a spectacular Roller Coaster this year.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

Especially after repeatedly insisting, "I am just seeking information and objective opinions on this"

I participated in the thread.  I absolutely felt like there was an underlying objective or validation being sought.

Yeah, none of my business and I should probably go away too.  But where is Cheeseweasel?  And then where's the guy (can't remember the handle), but his avatar was the Anus Pounder marquee from the burger joint?  

And then to complete the advent triumvirate, where's the latest Dr. Beeper who usually posts my real name every two years at the holidays?  

• Rage+1 1

Leaving can be a healthy thing.  Two good things about coming back though was watching the cute little detective game some posters played trying to figure out who I was before/previous handle.  When in fact, I had admitted it openly on multiple threads but they all still jerked each other off to how clever they were in their detective work, Lou.  Second was a community on a forum thread that really helped me get a start on making some serious life changes that I am grateful for to this day (about 18 months ago).  It's but one tool in my toolbox, but it's that one that you rely on when shit gets tough.  

Brisket has my legal instructions to detonate my account should anything happen to me, but he'll probably fuck it up during one of his ledge rants.  ;)  

All that to say, and noCR, but if some shit goes down and the re-education camps/dissenter round-ups start...fair warning...everybody will be a gone poster.  I mean, you'll be alive in real life but a dead man's switch will make sure other than some of you sick fucks taking screen shots of certain threads...this whole thing goes away.  And right quick.  

Meantime, Happy Christmas you Surly fuckers.  Been another fun year.  Gotta good feeling 2024 gonna start off with a Huskie Fucking.  Or Husky Fucker.  One of the two is gonna my new alt.punk band name.  

• Haha 2

^

Yeah, this.  Gender identity, sexual orientation, race, creed, faith, agnosticism, etc., Aside...For such a large community of well educated, engaged, enlightened people, this is place is criminally overrun with psychopathic weirdos (mostly me), it bottles the mind.  And this is coming from a guy who has seen some shit in my time.  But hey, at least we're not texags.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Don't think you're so special.  We're all fucking weird.

With all the dick obsession it’s pretty clear we are all at least a little gay. Like lobo said we’re all turbofucked in the red dawn remake. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Not me.  I'm going to be Danny.

I've bet you swallowed a lot in your time /nojudgement.  But a tracking device?  You sonofabitch!  You told them where we were!  

And don't worry Troph, I will avenge you while you rattle chain link fence for some strange reason (I pictured you are more a wooden fence kinda Texan.  Cedar.  Or maybe Pine?) 

Yeah, in all sincerity...I'm trying to find a way to break to immamac nicely that if the psychos get any more power...I don't want this record of dissent left up on servers for all to see and trace our real identities.  There's already evidence of that happening in the digital space.  So the deadman's switch is UT's general counsel shuts this thing down under a different premise of Intellectual Property.  There's gonna be enough hunting in real life if shit goes sideways, and it very well may.  Don't need to have a handy online map to help them along their route.  

Okay, back to fun stuff.  Who wants waffles?!?!?!?!?

I thought he didn’t he have sex with her because everybody knows Lambda Chi Alpha dudes are totally gay. 

red dawn talk not going away, love it. Will they allow Greek life in our re-education camps, You think?  I’ve got some ideas who can pledge Sigma Kappa.  

Glad he's still here.  He's got a sick sense of humor just like me.  I still don't like it when folks reveal other folks real life personal information on here, though it's usually from a benign place.  And of course, it's just a over-glorified, digital insane asylum.  But I do have to remember, having met some folks IRL that passed away that were regulars on here, a massive chunk of us are just getting to that age.  And so it's okay to wonder about the real life status of folks.  Not to pry or get invasive, but yeah---most of us logged on to austin360/hornfans/LFZ nearly 25 years ago.  So a huge portion of us are hitting an age where friends and family and contemporaries around our age start to get sick and die.  Crazy to think about, it's always been the case for humanity---now we just have this digital footprint by which to recognize it.  

My wife's family is way too much into facebook and shit like that.  And they spend an hour every Saturday on a huge group call talking about who from back home is sick, or dying, or having a funeral.  And they get legit sad about it, even though that's always been the case in their rural upbringing.  Everybody knew when everybody was sick or dead.  Then they all moved away, but before social media so there was this decade-long 'downtime' where nobody knew nothing.  But for the last 15 years, it's been a constant reminder of how friends and family come and go.  This place isn't much different.  Plus, again...the timing thing.  Most regulars from the old sites and now this one, we're just well into middle-age and people just get gone for one reason or another.  People come in and out of our lives, and we must never..../frasier

As Cliff Claven said, it all comes back to footwear.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, South Austin said:

It's Lobo's special gift.  He and Brisket should work Vegas.

I opened for him once at the Sand's.  They demolished it the next morning.  

He's actually really happy and fun in real life.  Me?  I'm more like Jerry in that Seinfeld episode where he's feigning being dark and disturbed to get laid by that hot lawyer lady.  I was actually kinda, sorta finding out who I was in middle age after having two kids.  Then I changed lifestyles and now I'm back to just a rambling pessimist as per usual.  But as my wife reminds me, "does everything with you have to be soooo jokey?"  To which I reply "Well, I'm something of a comedian."  Maybe she's talking about my dick, dunno.  Happy Christmas to the offline posters.