Gone posters

On 7/25/2023 at 6:59 PM, YGIFS said:

But been a run ride, hopefully we're not even halfway done yet. Also doing well at football would certainly help take the fucking sting off this shit.

Why do you think I’ve been hanging on? 
Sark better get it done soon.

• Hook 'Em 2

I just assumed you were Cartaphilus, the Wandering Jew, from the New Testament.  Really freaked me out a few months ago when we both had the same old-school maps on display in the same order.  And Cartaphilus begat the name, Cartography.  

On 7/27/2023 at 10:48 AM, YGIFS said:

I just assumed you were Cartaphilus, the Wandering Jew, from the New Testament.  Really freaked me out a few months ago when we both had the same old-school maps on display in the same order.  And Cartaphilus begat the name, Cartography.  

What maps?

Precisely what they told me you'd say.  Early 21st century Rand-McNally full-size atlas along with a few parks we share in common.  You can play dumb with the Emperor, Gatekeeper, but you and I have both danced around this rock for quite awhile...

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Shadow_Operative (Derka) NOT Shadow_Operative 2.0 (SpyStud) hasn't been around in almost a month.  New handle, wellness check needed or did I miss where he finally said, "fuck it all I'm out"?

He’s posting on Insta, so he’s still alive.

17 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Shadow_Operative (Derka) NOT Shadow_Operative 2.0 (SpyStud) hasn't been around in almost a month.  New handle, wellness check needed or did I miss where he finally said, "fuck it all I'm out"?

He was posting in the baseball forum literally yesterday.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, South Austin said:

Every message board needs its train wreck.  Who's going to do it?  You?!?!  You, Lieutenant Weinberg?!?!

I’ll never understand the affinity some here feel for the guy. Best guess is that people feel sorry for him and expect him to get better. But he won’t. 

I think there’s a big element of entertainment factor and that seems to be you. Nothing about that is entertaining to me. It’s fatiguing.  

4 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

I’ll never understand the affinity some here feel for the guy. Best guess is that people feel sorry for him and expect him to get better. But he won’t. 

I think there’s a big element of entertainment factor and that seems to be you. Nothing about that is entertaining to me. It’s fatiguing.  

I feel bad for him but he was incredibly confrontational.  I don’t have an affinity for him at all

6 hours ago, closetohumping said:

I feel bad for him but he was incredibly confrontational.  I don’t have an affinity for him at all

That you feel bad for him suggests empathy. I’ll never understand the sympathy for random people on the internet who are crazy, and delusional in that they think they provide ‘good content’. 

19 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

The same people who bitch about Derka when he posts are the same ones bitching about him when he doesn't post. Some of y'all need therapy. 

You mistake an observational comment with bitching.   I’m ok with him not coming back.  Just hoping he finds peace within his life tbh

11 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

That you feel bad for him suggests empathy. I’ll never understand the sympathy for random people on the internet who are crazy, and delusional in that they think they provide ‘good content’. 

How is sympathy for random people on the internet any different than commenting negatively on someone that is gone? It’s opposite sides of the same coin. You either think about it enough to notice (which means that person has made some impression good or bad) or you don’t.

As far as him specifically, he’s been around a long time and has been interesting if nothing else. Hopefully, he does find peace outside of here. That doesn’t seem like that strange a thought for a normal person. I hope most people find peace in their everyday lives just for the record.

Meant to quote the “why” post too just for the record.

Edited by Brew
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, Brew said:

How is sympathy for random people on the internet any different than commenting negatively on someone that is gone? It’s opposite sides of the same coin. You either think about it enough to notice (which means that person has made some impression good or bad) or you don’t.

As far as him specifically, he’s been around a long time and has been interesting if nothing else. Hopefully, he does find peace outside of here. That doesn’t seem like that strange a thought for a normal person. I hope most people find peace in their everyday lives just for the record.

Meant to quote the “why” post too just for the record.

I’m interested only to the extent people care. He has suckered some people here and suspect that’s exactly what he does in real life. 

4 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

It says so much about you that you see people with a little bit of empathy as suckers and idiots.

With that guy’s repetitive behavior?  I’m alright what it says.