Gone posters

yesterday afternoon or evening in the DT israel war thread. I think with the outbreak of open hostilities in the Middle East, his decades long blood neg feud with Penelope was too much for him to handle any longer. Also found it stifling to discussion to be consistently asked to support his positions with relevant information.

It’s really a perfect example of privilege when people of a certain type are completely coddled by everyone around them and the media they consume such that they experience it as absolute persecution when people point out not just that they are wrong but how. Your dodge stratus doesn’t entitle your opinions to deference and respect.

I’m certain I have more in common with ph than I’d like to admit which is what drove me to interact with him despite the pointlessness of it. But his inability to understand why anyone might give a shit about Derka was illuminating for me. He doesn’t want to be associated with people from this site and frankly, likewise.

• Like 1

Rex will be back, soon you'll see. He's someone who lives to argue with other people. It's why I put him on ignore and it was wonderful. He portrays himself as a captain of industry but is really just a bully who loves to go after people but gets really pissy when someone punches him in the mouth. 

0658e0d9374dd979364dc5f467466637.460x426

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

7 hours ago, Celery Man said:

yesterday afternoon or evening in the DT israel war thread. I think with the outbreak of open hostilities in the Middle East, his decades long blood neg feud with Penelope was too much for him to handle any longer. Also found it stifling to discussion to be consistently asked to support his positions with relevant information.

I am still laughing about it.  Honestly, I had negged a few of his posts in the Israel thread, but for hte most part, I just ignored him.  I refuse to engage with people that insist they are right when in fact, they are just completely fucking wrong.  His portrayal as an oil baron was LOL.

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

Rex will be back, soon you'll see. He's someone who lives to argue with other people. It's why I put him on ignore and it was wonderful. He portrays himself as a captain of industry but is really just a bully who loves to go after people but gets really pissy when someone punches him in the mouth. 

0658e0d9374dd979364dc5f467466637.460x426

This.

5 hours ago, Celery Man said:

It’s really a perfect example of privilege when people of a certain type are completely coddled by everyone around them and the media they consume such that they experience it as absolute persecution when people point out not just that they are wrong but how. Your dodge stratus doesn’t entitle your opinions to deference and respect.

I’m certain I have more in common with ph than I’d like to admit which is what drove me to interact with him despite the pointlessness of it. But his inability to understand why anyone might give a shit about Derka was illuminating for me. He doesn’t want to be associated with people from this site and frankly, likewise.

Also this.

Porterhouse has always maintained that he used to be Dr. Beeper (IIRC).  But that he was never Rex Kramer.  And then the weird thing was about a year ago, another poster named Rex Kramer popped up (literal handle, not a back-reference) with new posting count/avatar/etc.  Both original Rex Kramer (about 2018 version or so), and this new Rex Kramer (separate) have posted my real name on here before in incredibly bad faith.  Dr. Beeper/Porterhouse claimed it wasn't him either time.  I'll take him at his word.  That's just kinda where I think most of us draw the line on here, anything else goes.  

So all that to say, I think Dr. Beeper/Porterhouse knows many of the same folks IRL, and I hold no ill will.  I enjoyed reading his O&G insights and a few other things.  I'm sure we annoyed the fuck out of each other on here, but I doubt either of us gave fuck one IRL.  Shit, I bet we never exchanged more than a half-dozen neg reps over the better part of a decade just useless volleys of banter and bullshit.  I think we even exchanged contact info for mutual advice on some oil deals before.  But we all need a break from here every now and again.  Mine are mostly court mandated, ha.  

Not to kick him while he's gone to defend himself.  But the one thing that consistently cracked me up about DB/PH was his weekly, vehement claims about how he ignored this poster and that poster, while quoting their posts.  And then about once a quarter, like clockwork, he'd post his ignore list as if it was something to be proud of---while still engaging every one of us on that list.  That was oddly amusing.  It was like my 4 year old declaring, "I'm not talking to you anymore!"  And I ask, "No more talking to Dad?"  And she's cross her arms and shake her head.  Ten seconds later, "I said I'm not talking to you anymore Dad!  I mean it!"  

Anyway, he'll be back.  I think other than doxxing people or hitting on our few female posters at tailgates, we're all pretty much the same level of degenerates.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/10/2023 at 10:12 AM, FirstTimeCaller said:

Always conflicted on PH. Seems like a bright guy, but also seems very dismissive of anyone who questions him or thinks a different way. 

Meme gif. The "blinking white guy" meme: a closeup of a man blinking with downplayed surprise.

He was a tool. But I imagine being 95% aggy and struggling to repress that reality for years takes a toll on a man. Despite seeing it fairly often here, it never ceases to amaze me how a grown adult can get so fucking worked up over message board arguments that they flip the chessboard over and run out of the room.  I'd wager he will be back soon enough however, because that's what blowhards do.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bolverk said:

What happened to @Bama Chick and @Mrs Whiggins?

That's a good question actually.  I know BamaChick kinda heads off for awhile here and there, not out of anything banned or protesty.  But yeah, hope Mrs. Whiggins is okay IRL.  She seemed super nice and funny and I think enjoyed the community of this place.  We all need breaks

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/21/2023 at 10:36 AM, slorch said:

Someone's departure might have made it more palatable for the PM King's return.

Basketball discussions are better with him around, IMHO.

I would agree. Basketball is definitely his thing and I’m glad he has something positive to latch onto. If he can perhaps find a way to not take a differing opinion or criticism personally I think he’ll be fine. It’s when he goes overboard about a player or coach that things go sideways with folks. Just be confident in your beliefs and if someone else thinks differently so be it. It’s a big world and none of us think exactly the same.

14 hours ago, Hate said:

His problem is that people are not allowed to have an opinion that is different than him.

i’m just going to keep saying the same thing to you guys that i’ve been saying for a very long time now: 1)if you see me doing something that’s not right, call me on it immediately, and 2)if you’re going to accuse me of something, bring receipts.

youve accused me of not allowing anyone here to have an opinion that differs from mine, and you’ve got several people co-signing it. could you please cite one or two references for me? one or two examples to help me out? 

14 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

If he can perhaps find a way to not take a differing opinion or criticism personally I think he’ll be fine. It’s when he goes overboard about a player or coach that things go sideways with folks.

a)please cite examples of me going overboard about a player or coach

b)you lost your mind when two of us said the word retarded on this site. maybe take your own advice about not taking things personally. 

Edited by shadow_operative

and for the record, the huge irony in all of this is that is has been me who has not been allowed to have a differing opinion. or have we all forgotten how many of you have attacked me, bombasticized everything i’ve said, and made constant ad hominem attacks towards me for a)simply saying that rodney terry wouldn’t have gotten this job under normal circumstances and that b)the beginning of this offseason went poorly. 

seriously folks. stop projecting your own stuff into me. worry about your own selves and your own posting habits. i have never said that rodney terry sucks (which you all have claimed i’ve done over and over), i have never and will never root against him, and in fact i’ve been a big fan of his longer than 95% of you, and yet somehow you all constantly claim that i hate rodney terry, that i’ve said that he sucks, and that i want him to fail. you wouldn’t even stop talking about it when i was gone for months, despite the fact that its not even remotely true, that it’s your own bombasticized version of the truth.

i come back from my hiatus and you guys are all, “hey welcome back derka, i hope you’re doing well. by the way, here’s all the reasons we think you suck. and yet you think it’s me who derails threads and starts problems.

i will guarantee you that if you can somehow get over all of these antiquated notions you have about who i am and how i post, and just give me a fresh start, you’re going to look up in a few months and realize that you haven’t had any problems with me. until then, maybe wait until i’ve actually done something worth being called out for before calling me out about how awful i am to all of you. 

Well I for one enjoy some of your basketball posts.  Of the big 3 sports, it's the one I follow the least passionately (when compared to our regular posters on that forum), but I consider myself in the upper decile of UT hoops fans.  So some of your deep takes are appreciated.  I don't what all the beefs are about but if you're okay IRL, then that's something positive.  But I would have that ass-fire thing you got going on checked by a proctologist.  

• Haha 1

i’m just going to keep saying the same thing to you guys that i’ve been saying for a very long time now: 1)if you see me doing something that’s not right, call me on it immediately, and 2)if you’re going to accuse me of something, bring receipts.
youve accused me of not allowing anyone here to have an opinion that differs from mine, and you’ve got several people co-signing it. could you please cite one or two references for me? one or two examples to help me out? 

I’m not trying to pick a fight at all as I do think posters here mess with you unnecessarily. And I’m not going to go back through Surly and/or Shaggy to find some perceived transgressions. I just recall a few discussions where there were different opinions that resulted in a wall of text rebuttal when it was unnecessary.

The only real issue I’ve ever had with you was that you ate pizza instead of trying to bang Ivy. I wish you nothing but the best

10 minutes ago, Hate said:

I’m not trying to pick a fight at all as I do think posters here mess with you unnecessarily. And I’m not going to go back through Surly and/or Shaggy to find some perceived transgressions. I just recall a few discussions where there were different opinions that resulted in a wall of text rebuttal when it was unnecessary.

The only real issue I’ve ever had with you was that you ate pizza instead of trying to bang Ivy. I wish you nothing but the best

i just want you to realize that when you accuse me of not letting anyone else have a differing opinion that it paints me in a negative light to any other posters here who don’t know any better, and whose idea of who i am is based almost solely on people like you saying things like that. the mythology of me grows without me actually doing anything to validate it. after all, why would everyone say these things about me if they weren’t true? 

again, what’s wild here is that the reality of what happens in these boards is the exact opposite of what you’ve said. it’s me who’s not allowed to have his own opinion. i am not allowed to criticize sam einger, quinn ewers, jarrett allen, game of thrones, rick and morty, ted lasso, shaka smart, rodney terry, and on and on and on. it’s not me who has a problem with differing opinions, it is empirically/factually the masses who have problems with my own differing opinions. it’s always me going against the grain and saying something unpopular that’s the problem. and yet despite that reality, posts like yours do more to shape people’s opinions about me than my own posts do. 

so, if you really don’t have a problem with me, then don’t accuse me of problematic behavior that i don’t actually display, especially when it’s me who is in fact incessantly being shouted down and even having my posts reported because of my opinions which differ from the masses. this is why i ask that if you’re going to accuse me of something, you *have* to back it up with proof. otherwise you’re just fanning the flames and making everything here worse for everyone.

and for the record, the huge irony in all of this is that is has been me who has not been allowed to have a differing opinion. or have we all forgotten how many of you have attacked me, bombasticized everything i’ve said, and made constant ad hominem attacks towards me for a)simply saying that rodney terry wouldn’t have gotten this job under normal circumstances and that b)the beginning of this offseason went poorly. 
seriously folks. stop projecting your own stuff into me. worry about your own selves and your own posting habits. i have never said that rodney terry sucks (which you all have claimed i’ve done over and over), i have never and will never root against him, and in fact i’ve been a big fan of his longer than 95% of you, and yet somehow you all constantly claim that i hate rodney terry, that i’ve said that he sucks, and that i want him to fail. you wouldn’t even stop talking about it when i was gone for months, despite the fact that its not even remotely true, that it’s your own bombasticized version of the truth.
i come back from my hiatus and you guys are all, “hey welcome back derka, i hope you’re doing well. by the way, here’s all the reasons we think you suck. and yet you think it’s me who derails threads and starts problems.
i will guarantee you that if you can somehow get over all of these antiquated notions you have about who i am and how i post, and just give me a fresh start, you’re going to look up in a few months and realize that you haven’t had any problems with me. until then, maybe wait until i’ve actually done something worth being called out for before calling me out about how awful i am to all of you. 

Derka, I have no idea what happens in the basketball or baseball boards, but surly is not a good place for you. I think you need to walk away and find another community (maybe Reddit?). This cycle has been on repeat for years and I don’t think it is good for you.
  • Like 1