Gone posters

6 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

a)please cite examples of me going overboard about a player or coach

b)you lost your mind when two of us said the word retarded on this site. maybe take your own advice about not taking things personally. 

Rick Barnes

Nikola Jokic…Even Jokic would’ve told you to just let things go about an MVP he cares nothing about. 

I’m not certain you understand what losing your mind looks like. You can feel free to pull up my response again when I told you about not using the r word. 

If this is how you are going to approach returning here after a brief respite then I am not sure this will end any other way for you than it has before. @Patricio Swayze is trying to be sincere in saying that this board is not good for you mentally. You’re an adult though so you have to make your own decisions.

Just now, UpperWestside said:

You asked me to provide examples. The Jokic thread has it and your well documented on-going thing with Barnes is pretty well-known as you know. Do you just not recall any of this? If that’s the case it would make more sense how you react.

typing the words “nikola jokic” and “rick barnes” does not equal citing examples. referring to a specific post would be citing an example. and the reason i’ve asked you to cite these examples is because there really aren’t any recent examples of me doing what you’ve said i’ve done. i mean jokic? the thread i started that’s dedicated to praising him? how is that an example of me causing problems with people around here?

listen dude, you’ve been talking to/about me in this thread in an incredibly insulting manner, for months, even when i’m not around. you speak about me as if i’m some lost cause mental case who just can’t help but start fires left and right, yet you can’t even post one single relevant example of that happening. 

look i’ve said what i have to say in this matter, and this fruitless argument is going nowhere. i will end it by encouraging you one more time to look in the mirror before casting stones; you’ve got your own stuff to work on. and again, i’ll ask you to actually have something specific in mind if you’re going to constantly talk about me like i’m the world’s biggest asshole. otherwise, i’ll kindly ask you to just leave me and my name out of your posts. thank you. 

• Drool 1

On 10/24/2023 at 10:32 AM, Patricio Swayze said:

Derka, I have no idea what happens in the basketball or baseball boards, but surly is not a good place for you. I think you need to walk away and find another community (maybe Reddit?). This cycle has been on repeat for years and I don’t think it is good for you.

No truer words have ever been said on this site... 

On 10/11/2023 at 10:02 PM, Nicole44 said:

How many of you degenerates have more than one handle? What the fuck? 

Bedouin had a shit ton of socks at the old site. We used to be able to figure him out pretty quick. I remember seeing a thread where he had all his socks posting at the same time replying to one another. Speaking of him, has he surfaced around here yet?

54 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

How about these people?

FCHorn

Mr. Phelgm

BoBigRed.... I think this was his name. The Nebraska fan who would type up those recaps on Sunday on his thoughts of the saturday college game.

Mr. Phlegm's presence on this site has been very sparse for the last couple years.  According to his page, he liked somebody's post on July 7 of this year, and that's the last of it (unless he's purely been lurking since).  His typical posting as I recall was mostly on the "Tell Me About Texas A&M" thread, and it usually consisted of a long string of goofy aggy pictures.  And when he posted words, it often read like he was baked.

I don't think FCHorn or BoBigRed survived the move from shaggy to Surly.  FCHorn may have just changed handles, but don't know.

I did like BoBigRed's recaps, now that you mention it.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

We don’t really have many Nebraska posters here any longer. I suspect that like the others Bo drifted away as the Nebraska “getting their asses drilled by Texas” B12 days got further and further in the review mirror.

mulletpelini is still around.  For some reason he's not as active on the football forum.  I'm not sure why that is.

How about these people?
FCHorn
Mr. Phelgm
BoBigRed.... I think this was his name. The Nebraska fan who would type up those recaps on Sunday on his thoughts of the saturday college game.
GoBigRed I think but points the same, I haven't seen his stuff in a long while and his "after-action reports" were always worth a read if you were a football junkie.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Mr. Phlegm's presence on this site has been very sparse for the last couple years.  His typical posting as I recall was mostly on the "Tell Me About Texas A&M" thread, and it usually consisted of a long string of goofy aggy pictures.  And when he posted words, it often read like he was baked.

Except when the subject was cruise ships running aground. In that case Phlegm's posts were completely coherent.

8 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

And Disney right? Isn’t that where he worked? Which is also terrifying.

The Disney posts were half-coherent. Mainly it took the cruise ship to make him coherent. (I think he may have done IT for a cruise line, before working at Disney as a half-retired gig, IIRC.)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, South Austin said:

mulletpelini is still around.  For some reason he's not as active on the football forum.  I'm not sure why that is.

I can't speak for mullet but a lot of us have just quit paying attention to college football in general.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 10/26/2023 at 1:02 PM, South Austin said:

L

I don't think FCHorn or BoBigRed survived the move from shaggy to Surly.  FCHorn may have just changed handles, but don't know.

I did like BoBigRed's recaps, now that you mention it.  

BoBigRed/HuskerinKingwood was a good poster. 

FCHorn in the PCL forum was great, and I really enjoyed quite a few exchanges with him on that board in the 2012-2013 range. FCHorn in every other forum was bat shit, and the sheer volume of posts made it near unbearable.

Hey Derka - sorry I came after you in the whatever that thread was about. I was poking the obvious fun and I still think what I think about your reaction to that stuff but it was foreseeable and I should have understood that it would be shit starting with you, which is not something I’m interested in doing. Hope you’re well.

Did Whitman make the move? Saw that old school WVU logo and remembered him.

Edited by Celery Man