Gone posters

On 9/14/2023 at 8:35 PM, Brian Fantana said:

It took like 3-4 PMs for me to come to an understanding and rapport with Derka and I've never had the slightest problem with him since. But this is the internet, by and large, people ain't gonna make the effort to establish that. It's a shame, really. Is he too confrontational when challenged even a little bit? Sure, but he's also egged on to a degree that's pretty absurd when you step back and think about it. Very reactionary behavior on both sides.

These posts are as tiresome as he is. 

On 9/8/2023 at 3:31 PM, closetohumping said:

I feel bad for him but he was incredibly confrontational.  I don’t have an affinity for him at all

The confrontational aspect is something that in theory he can work on and change, but you have to want to change and be willing to put in a lot of time and concerted effort to change. Only he knows for sure if he’s willing to do that. For his own sake I hope he does.

This website, if we are being honest, was not good for his mental health. Being confrontational and unapologetic when you are called to the carpet is not a good mix for anyone, much less someone who struggles with the mental aspect of life. I hope he finds a better outlet than this place that can help him to grow as a person in a positive manner.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

The confrontational aspect is something that in theory he can work on and change, but you have to want to change and be willing to put in a lot of time and concerted effort to change. Only he knows for sure if he’s willing to do that. For his own sake I hope he does.

This website, if we are being honest, was not good for his mental health. Being confrontational and unapologetic when you are called to the carpet is not a good mix for anyone, much less someone who struggles with the mental aspect of life. I hope he finds a better outlet than this place that can help him to grow as a person in a positive manner.

Seems like he has.  Hasn't been around for a while so, good for him.  Yes, he was incredibly argumentative and would retag or neg you just to get your attention.  

Is Smoking Man still around under a new username?

I’ll always remember him as the guy who went ballistic on me on TOS (Hornfans?) when I made a comment about our band’s flag corps ridiculously trying to reenact the planting of the flag on Iwo Jima while the band played the Marine Corps Hymn. I couldn’t figure out why he was so pissed until I later saw that autocorrect had changed Hymn to Hymen. He must’ve thought I was throwing some inter-service insult at him and his fellow US Marines. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
Autocorrect strikes again
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

That was his first name. His latest is animaltobacco and then yesterday animetobacco and animationtaco. He has been banned under at least 10 different names. 

Seems AnimationTaco is currently still with us unfortunately.

I honestly can't figure out what compels a person to go through such motions to post somewhere he gets constantly bagged. It's bizarre.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I’ll always remember him as the guy who when ballistic on me on TOS (Hornfans?) when I made a comment about our band’s flag corps looking ridiculous when they tried to recreate the planting of the flag on Iwo Jima while the band played the Marine Corps Hymn. I couldn’t figure out why he was so pissed until I later saw that autocorrect had changed Hymn to Hymen. He must’ve thought I was throwing some inter-service insult at him and his fellow US Marines. 

Maybe he just needed a ride?

20 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I’ll always remember him as the guy who when ballistic on me on TOS (Hornfans?) when I made a comment about our band’s flag corps looking ridiculous when they tried to recreate the planting of the flag on Iwo Jima while the band played the Marine Corps Hymn. I couldn’t figure out why he was so pissed until I later saw that autocorrect had changed Hymn to Hymen. He must’ve thought I was throwing some inter-service insult at him and his fellow US Marines. 

What kind of autocorrect do you have…??!

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Hate said:

It will be even worse a year from now.

His best life or the joke tolerance?

Was looking on nextdoor the other day to reply to some neighbor's requests for help to lay down corn gluten meal on dead spots in their grass once this damn summer gets fucked.  And I just shouted "Holy shit, he's back!"  Wife comes running into the office like, "The kids can hear you.  What are you yelling about!?"  The main story in the feed was woman saying there's somebody south of us (I think CIrcle C or William Cannon) throwing rocks at car windows for mischief and fun.  I blurted that out because I thought TxTow got parole or some shit.  But I guess he's still gone. 

Seeing a buncha old Longhornfanzone, hornfans, Shaggy posters in Dallas this weekend that I haven't seen in a long time.  I wonder if they're tolerable sober.  Mine or theirs, dealer's choice. 

Is Porterhouse gone? I see his posts now say "Guest" but they are still up.

Honestly, I'd love the option to be able to delete my account or turn them all to "Guest" when the time comes.