Celebrity Death Pool -- 2023

Aqua Buddha

1 hour ago, David Busters said:

I THINK DEREK JETER GONNA DIE VERY SOON

This might be the funniest post I've ever seen on this site. "New Babies Still in Bag" might beat it out, still.

The randomness. The all-caps. That's gold.*

*assumes Derek Jeter does not, in fact, die very soon.

16 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Man Buffet and now this. His kids are my kids’ ages

Sad deal, man. My wife and I saw Charlie play at The Kessler last Thanksgiving. He sounded great but sat the entire show. I'd never seen him before so I'm not sure if that was SOP for him. He had older kids but also introduced a little 2- or 3-year-old kid he's got with his new wife.

• 2 weeks later...

My family is rewatching the movies for a 3rd time I think.  My kids are 7. I've tried telling them that one reason theses movies are so good is that it is littered with absolutely remarkable actors.  

I think Harris was a better Dumbledore but Gambon was an outstanding replacement.

• Hook 'Em 2

Shit, I didn't even think of Newsom will appoint in her place.  She had 13 more months until election day, 15 more months left in her term.  I doubt they go through with a special election.  Somebody will just finish out her term with little objection, I suspect. 

Just now, Rockwell Torrey said:

NJ and CA…two Govs replacing Senators in the same year. Wow.

We've had multiple members of Congress replaced in the same year dozens of times in U.S. History.  Whether resignation, removal, early retirement, incapacitation, or death.  Plus, no real guarantee Menendez actually leaves office this calendar year.  Though it looks like his goose is cooked sometime during this 118th Congress, which remember still has 15 more months left in it.  

As a political expert though, I can say with 80% certainty that unlike Menendez, it does seem that Feinstein will not concluding her term unless they pull some kinda Weekend at Bernie's shit.  Which is pretty much what they've been rehearsing for the last year or so anyway.  

34 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

As a political expert though, I can say with 80% certainty that unlike Menendez, it does seem that Feinstein will not concluding her term unless they pull some kinda Weekend at Bernie's shit.  Which is pretty much what they've been rehearsing for the last year or so anyway.  

Sadly, I think they have been doing this with Feinstein for the last year or so.

2 hours ago, Rockwell Torrey said:

Sadly, I think they have been doing this with Feinstein for the last year or so.

I don't get these old-ass politicians. Why don't they just go home and spend their remaining years with their grandkids and great-grandkids? Do they hate their families too much or do their families hate them? It can't be the money, none of those pricks are poor. Is the allure of power too much to overcome? If I have to listen to my 76 year old dad tell the same damn story for the 100th time, their families should have to do the same. 

5 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I don't get these old-ass politicians. Why don't they just go home and spend their remaining years with their grandkids and great-grandkids? Do they hate their families too much or do their families hate them? It can't be the money, none of those pricks are poor. Is the allure of power too much to overcome? If I have to listen to my 76 year old dad tell the same damn story for the 100th time, their families should have to do the same. 

Yes.

• Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Strom Thurmond laughs at Feinstein only making it to 90 as a sitting Sen.  He fucking took on his EIGHTH 6 year run at the age of 94... and somehow finished it out. finally croaking 6 months later.

Robert Byrd kinda does as well  making it past 92 and being a senator for 51 fucking years.

and Daniel Inouye also says holla, living to 88 and serving 49 years in the senate.

its clearly a fucking power kick thing. 

• Rage+1 2