Jeremy Renner critically injured in snowplow accident in Nevada

C-Man

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/02/entertainment/jeremy-renner-snow-plow-hospital/index.html

Actor Jeremy Renner is hospitalized in critical condition after being injured in a weather-related snow plowing incident in Nevada, his publicist confirmed to CNN.

“As of now, we can confirm Jeremy is in critical but stable condition with injuries suffered after experiencing a weather related accident while plowing snow earlier today,” Sam Mast told CNN in a statement. “His family is with him and he is receiving excellent care.”

Officers responded to a “traumatic injury” in the area of Mount Rose Highway in Reno, according to a news release from the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office, which has previously said the Academy Award-nominated actor lived in the community.

The sheriff’s office did not provide details on the extent of Renner’s injuries or what may have caused the accident.

Deputies coordinated with Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District and REMSA Health to arrange for medical transport of Renner via care flight to a local area hospital, the release stated.

Renner, who stars in the Paramount+ series “Mayor of Kingstown” and has been featured in several Marvel Cinematic Universe films – including in the role of Hawkeye – was the only person involved in the accident, officials said.

The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office Major Accident Investigation Team is looking into the circumstances.

Renner has featured multiple videos and photos on his verified social media accounts showing him in snowy conditions.

A photo from a year ago posted on his Instagram account shows a group of trees in an area with significant snow fall.

“How would you feel if your driveway looked like this??,” his caption reads. “I’m so happy Mother Nature dictates my day!”

In one video posted two weeks ago and featured in his Instagram holiday highlights reels, Renner appears to be driving a snow plow with the caption, “pave new paths, holiday adventures.”

Another from a week ago shows snow being plowed with the caption, “Nearly done with sledding hill for the kids.”

Title reads like a Mad Lib or Clue guess.

Give me *Jeremy Renner* with a *Snowplow* in *Nevada*

Oh, sorry.

The correct answer was *Michael Douglas* with a *Leaf Blower* in *Oregon*

5 hours ago, huge said:

I think the new season of Kingstown is in the can, supposed to start back up this month?

@henrygandorf , you’ve been summoned. 

I don’t like the Avengers movies, but I did like the Hawkeye series on Disney+. If that’s it for Renner as Hawkeye, it’s a fitting send off. 

I hope Sheridan thinks he’s playing with house money on Mayor of Kingstown and Season 2 is all kinds of bad ass with a great ending. 

19 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

@henrygandorf , you’ve been summoned. 

I don’t like the Avengers movies, but I did like the Hawkeye series on Disney+. If that’s it for Renner as Hawkeye, it’s a fitting send off. 

I hope Sheridan thinks he’s playing with house money on Mayor of Kingstown and Season 2 is all kinds of bad ass with a great ending. 

hawkeye was a limited series and i think he's done with the mcu contractually.

i have no idea about kingstown but s2 is about to come out so it's definitely done shooting.

4 hours ago, HamsterHookah said:

What about chest trauma screams legs/crippling?

It was said somewhere that a leg trauma was part of his injuries and a neighbor put a tourniquet on his leg.  My question is did he not put it in park, got out and it started sliding or something?  That plow looks heavy duty with a inside cab that you would think might have a roll cage.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Washoe County Sheriff Darin Balaam said on Tuesday during a press conference that Renner was run over by his snowcat, a device to remove snow, after the machine started to roll away when he was not in the driver’s seat. He was injured during an attempt to get back into the snowcat, Balaam said.

Always a danger to try that maneuver.

My former baseball coach died in a similar manner.  Got crushed between a gate and his car door trying to jump back in his truck when it started rolling.  Terrible.

Wait. You were coached by the guy that played Chekhov in the Star Trek reboot?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/anton-yelchins-tragic-accident-crushed-22205966.amp

The actor died aged 27 when he was crushed to death by his own car outside his home in Los Angeles on June 20, 2016. His car killed him when it rolled backwards down a steep drive. Star Trek's Anton died when he became trapped against a brick postbox pillar and a security fence.

10 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Wait. You were coached by the guy that played Chekhov in the Star Trek reboot?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/anton-yelchins-tragic-accident-crushed-22205966.amp

The actor died aged 27 when he was crushed to death by his own car outside his home in Los Angeles on June 20, 2016. His car killed him when it rolled backwards down a steep drive. Star Trek's Anton died when he became trapped against a brick postbox pillar and a security fence.

I immediately thought of this as well. 

Holy shit.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/05/entertainment/jeremy-renner-911-call/index.html

The Marvel star was clearing snow from a private driveway to help family members leave his house after gathering for the holidays when the accident occurred, his publicist previously told CNN.

According to the 911 call log released by the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office, Renner was “completely crushed” by a snowcat vehcile in the incident. CNN obtained the 911 call log through a public records request. The identity of the individual that made the call was redacted by the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office.

Jeremy Renner suffered 'blunt chest trauma,' required second surgery for 'extensive' injuries The call to 911 was made at 8:55 AM local time on Sunday.

“Subject was run over by a snowcat,” the log reads. Responding person is screaming - responding person states subject is down and subject has been crushed. It later identifies the subject as Renner.

“[Renner] is moaning loudly in the background – serious bleeding,” the 911 dispatcher notes in the call log. “[Renner] is bleeding heavily from his head and other [unknown] injuries - [responding person] isn’t sure where all the blood is coming from.” 

Another note in the log says that Renner was “completely crushed under a large snowcat [vehicle]” and that Renner has “extreme [difficulty] breathing.” It goes on to read that, “the right side of his chest is collapsed – upper torso is crushed.”

Some 49 minutes after the call was first made, the log indicates that that Renner was loaded into a helicopter transport en route to the hospital. 

“[Renner] has all kinds of injuries but is currently [breathing] and [conscious],” the log reads.

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Let’s say he’s lucky that sno cats are designed to distribute weight over the wide tracks for obvious reasons, and that probably made this a survivable accident. 

I'm more worried about what some of the pointier parts that are designed to concentrate force might have done to him. Sounds gnarly.

• Hook 'Em 1