the 2023 speaker of the house voting thread of implosion

henrygandorf

15 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm also curious to see the line of guys waiting to sit to Boebert's right.

Crenshaw made a motion to have them seated to her left and he on her right because, And I quote, “I just wanna watch.”  And he winked 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Crenshaw made a motion to have them seated to her left and he on her right because, And I quote, “I just wanna watch.”  And he winked 

“How’d you like to have fun with a one eyed man with a one eyed monster?”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Looks like the entire House Dem caucus is present and on the floor.

According to sauces, Jeffries is going to let this circus play out this afternoon before indicating to the GOP caucus the Dems will agree to vote to give McHenry temporary powers as Acting Speaker if they want to end the shit show tonight. 

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

According to sauces, Jeffries is going to let this circus play out this afternoon before indicating to the GOP caucus the Dems will agree to vote to give McHenry temporary powers as Acting Speaker if they want to end the shit show tonight. 

Sauces indeed. I hope you're not citing Chip Brown. 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Js1 said:

According to sauces, Jeffries is going to let this circus play out this afternoon before indicating to the GOP caucus the Dems will agree to vote to give McHenry temporary powers as Acting Speaker if they want to end the shit show tonight

In exchange for?

1 minute ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

In exchange for?

My best guess is the exhange will be a significant limitation on his powers as speaker. Not sure what that would look like, but I just don't see anyone on the right willing to give any legitimate concessions, and dems might do well enough to get the House working again while limiting the speakers powers to conduct bullshittery.

34 minutes ago, Js1 said:

"Jordan is beside himself. Driving around downtown DC begging (thru texts) Buck's family for address to Ken's home"

• Haha 2