The Official 118th Congress 2023-24 Thread

Bullneck

Those chucklefucks can't do anything right. 

Also they tabled it, they didn't vote it down. There hasn't even been a single hearing on this matter.  It will most likely resurface in 2024 as a campaign issue for the GOP. 

Edited by Js1

45 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Also they tabled it, they didn't vote it down. There hasn't even been a single hearing on this matter.  It will most likely resurface in 2024 as a campaign issue for the GOP. 

Based on the retirements and the redistricting, they won't have the majority in a year or so, and I'm assuming that they will send the early part of 2024 investigating Biden some more.

39 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

“Ex-MMA” lmao.  That would be very fitting, though.  “Don’t worry, bro.  The mafia can’t handle these Muay Thai knee lifts I’ve been working on during my lunch breaks.  I just wish I wasn’t so alpha because they’ll probably run away before I get to whoop that ass.  It’s cool, though, they said they wanted to meet out in the desert.  So, they won’t be able to run too far!”

When you find out testosterone replacement therapy doesn't make you a better fighter...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Isn’t he ex- MMA? Still, teamster wouldn’t fight fair and the Okie sleeps with Jimmy Hoffa. 

All I know about MMA I learned from esteemed website sherdog.com. Mullin possibly went 3-0 from 11/11/06 to 4/7/07. Looks like his opponents have records of: 12-9, 1-11, and 1-11.

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Markwayne-Mullin-22106

spacer.png

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

NYT: “Dems in Disarray”

I haven't been following the news much because of football and getting drunk on aggy schadenfreude for the last couple of days. But I heard about this on NPR earlier this afternoon.

It seems like everytime I take a break and check in on the latest political news shit gets weirder.

I wouldn't be surprised if the GOP reps start getting matching neck tattoos by the next news cycle.

13 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Am I allowed to say someone named Markwayne from Oklahoma who is a fucking United States Senator and just tried to fight someone at a senate hearing is just pure fucking white trash?

@immamac will I get banned for that? 

Good. Fucking. Christ. 

I remain offended that he still doesn’t know that “ran” is the simple past tense of “run”

36 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Am I allowed to say someone named Markwayne from Oklahoma who is a fucking United States Senator and just tried to fight someone at a senate hearing is just pure fucking white trash?

@immamac will I get banned for that? 

Good. Fucking. Christ. 

Watered-down White Trash. Pure White Trash would have vaulted the table without a speech.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

What Alabama district will she be running in?

IIRC she resides in #7, so she will bow out unless she's up for a scrap with Terri Sewell.

And who knows, maybe she is.

In other Small World territory, I saw one of the Montgomery Riverside Boat Brawlers at an event down that way. He seemed calmer. I did not see any upside to interaction.

• Hook 'Em 2

• 3 weeks later...

Fucking LULZ. GOP are a bunch of fucking god damned hypocritical pussy idiots. Never mind when we did it...

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/dick-durbin-judiciary-committee-biden-judges_n_6568fef4e4b066e398b6fb64

GOP Melts Down As Dick Durbin Uses Its Tactics For Advancing Biden Judges

"It's called precedent," the Senate Judiciary Committee chair said of violating the same rule that Republicans ignored to move forward with judicial nominees.

Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee had full-blown meltdowns on Thursday after Chairman Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) held votes on two of President Joe Biden’s judicial nominees without allowing debate on them, saying he was simply following the “new precedent” established by Republicans when they did the same thing to Democrats, twice.

Durbin appeared to completely blindside Republicans by moving straight to votes on two U.S. District Court nominees, Mustafa Kasubhai and Eumi Lee, without opening up the floor for discussions on them. Both nominees had two previous hearings and had been debated. But typically the panel would still allow for more discussion in what was their confirmation hearing.

Not Thursday. Durbin went straight to their votes, saying senators already had two chances to debate their nominations. And GOP reactions went from confusion to anger to the kinds of high-octane tantrums familiar to anyone with children under the age of 5.

“Are we going to have an opportunity to speak?” asked Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas).

“I would also like to speak on the nomination,” said Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.).

“I understand what you’d like to do, but I’m saying, in fairness, we’ve debated these nominees twice,” Durbin said. “I ask the clerk to call the roll.”

This is where the anger kicked in.

“You’re denying us an opportunity to speak?” Cornyn asked.

“Come on, man,” fumed Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.). “I mean, OK. Do this. Just do it!”

“We don’t have a right to speak under the rules?” asked Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.).

“Under the third time, I’d say no,” Durbin said flatly.

“So you’re just going to make it up?” Cotton demanded to know.

“You’re telling us to shut up? You want us to SHUT UP?” Blackburn said, raising her voice. “Is that what you’re saying?”

"Do this! Just do it!” Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) fumed at Senate Judiciary Committee chair Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) for following a precedent set by Republicans on advancing judicial nominees.

Soon Republicans were talking over each other and hurling insults and threats at Durbin.

“There’s going to be a lot of consequences coming here,” warned Cotton. “I cautioned a lot of you. Listen to me! I cautioned a lot of you!”

Cornyn suggested that Republicans might walk out of the hearing right then and deny a quorum, meaning the committee couldn’t conduct any votes.

Cotton got so mad he started talking about himself in the third person.

“Mr. Cotton says the chairman needs to rethink his decision,” said Cotton, as his name came up in the roll call. “That’s what Mr. Cotton says.”

When Blackburn said again she wanted to talk, Cotton interjected, “Now I guess Sen. Durbin is not going to allow women to speak either. I thought that was sacrosanct in your party!”

“Congratulations on destroying the United States Senate Judiciary Committee,” Cornyn dramatically told Durbin.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Cotton got so mad he started talking about himself in the third person.

“Mr. Cotton says the chairman needs to rethink his decision,” said Cotton, as his name came up in the roll call. “That’s what Mr. Cotton says.”

When Blackburn said again she wanted to talk, Cotton interjected, “Now I guess Sen. Durbin is not going to allow women to speak either. I thought that was sacrosanct in your party!”

“Congratulations on destroying the United States Senate Judiciary Committee,” Cornyn dramatically told Durbin.

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Steve Scalise has myeloma, and will miss much of the next month to get stem cell treatment.  The Republican Party has been vehemently against stem cell treatment, I guess until they are about to die themselves.  In the mean time, this will make the Republican majority all the slimmer much of the time.  

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Steve Scalise has myeloma, and will miss much of the next month to get stem cell treatment.  The Republican Party has been vehemently against stem cell treatment, I guess until they are about to die themselves.  In the mean time, this will make the Republican majority all the slimmer much of the time.  

That's a shame/gif

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

Um, get fucked?

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Guess who caved yet again

Basically the same deal McCarthy got done last year that cost him his job 

The distraction is the border portion of the Ukraine/Israel funding this week.  They are going to claim the concessions reached on border control is their big win.  In any event, getting this put to bed is good.  

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Basically the same deal McCarthy got done last year that cost him his job 

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

The distraction is the border portion of the Ukraine/Israel funding this week.  They are going to claim the concessions reached on border control is their big win.  In any event, getting this put to bed is good.  

I will be surprised if Mikey is still Speaker at the end of this month. Too many batshit Republicans are willing to try and wreck the government in an election year.  Boebert, Gaetz, Three-toes, etc. all need a good distraction from their personal lives.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

It’s so going to happen again 

The groundwork started being laid last week when Fox News was attacking him for working with Chuck Schumer.

It's an election year and MAGA Republicans in Congress are convinced that shutting down the government will help Trump.  Johnson will be challenged within two weeks.