What did you eat for Father’s Day?

Limp Brisket

6 minutes ago, South Austin said:
4 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Dim sum at Hang Ah Tea House in SF.

b5b9504b8c3f45937aee8f098ae8ab19.heic
cf90b107bdfb4f02274612fe743b7d10.jpg
ac00978331999e5f1555eafe6d7e5c38.jpg

Holy shit nice choice, looks incredible, not too sure about that other fella that eats soup on Father’s Day, though.  Must be a bastard.

Edited by Limp Brisket

Picanha, Pao de queijo, crab Mac and cheese toasted parmesan zucchini. 

All homemade from scratch except the protein and noodles. 

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipO8LkA7-8hE2-3h-imKm3vO_zN1uqWV2vzLAQrZ2YWxnsgkKmYRRx24ZXHZwgqdQg/photo/AF1QipNhF0H6JS_-V-qhgG28odfHK7lLSnKTHl8zfWSr?key=WFNveUk4eTVBZ3EtVl9DU3JRUTBPek10VDkyR1JB

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

Hard 8's in The Colony.....I forget how "meh' that place is sometimes.  I'm about over that place.  FIL wanted to go. Out of towners love it.  It's big.  Open pits, puts on a good show.  

Their brisket sucks ass but the sausage and ribs are good.  Jap Corn (no racist) is legit.

16 hours ago, Limp Brisket said:

Chicken Fried Steak with appropriate peppered cream gravy

giphy.gif

16 hours ago, Limp Brisket said:

Chicken Fried Steak with appropriate peppered cream gravy, charro beans,  rice, 

grantorino.gif but that’s just me and it’s Father’s Day so do what you do.  That said, is that a thing? I’m Texan, lived all over Texas, and the only sides I know that go with CFS are mashed potatoes and/or fries.  Maybe green beans.  Am I missing something?

Sunday Supper at State of Grace - biscuits with jam and country ham, salad, collard greens, potato casserole (cheese and bacon with some potatoes), fried boudin balls, slow roasted short rib, caramel custard.

still full.

Kickass thick brisket burgers on toasted bakery buns.  Added fresh grated sharp cheddar, sweet-hot jalapenos, sauteed onions, bacon, and a smear of guac.  Side was french fries provencal (topped with lightly fried garlic, parsley, and salt).  Then watched some shitty baseball.

Celebrated with my dad at ABGB on Saturday at lunch.  Had a fantastic pulled pork sandwich and a couple of beers.

Sunday night I cooked burgers.  Garlic peppercorn burger from HEB cooked over combo of oak lump and hickory chunks.  Topped with caramelized onions and slice of Swiss for the last minute on the grill.  Toasted an onion roll and dressed with whole grain mustard, guacamole, and some greens.  On the side were some tots and hushpuppies.

we cooked at my parents house:

BBQ Shrimp, boudain balls, blackened shrimp po-boys, shark steaks (brother caught one Saturday in Galveston), various sides. My youngest brother brought me pearl snaps and drank yuengling from my dad's co-worker who just got back from PA. 

At deer lease (wife off somewhere between AZ & Utah)

Dry-aged ribeye (greeled), sauteed green beans with onion and bacon, boiled , mashed & baked white potatoes with green onions, Falfurrias butter, minced garlic, bacon, S&P and a topping of cheddar cheese.

and my 3rd share of a handle of Dewar's.

I ate three Taco Bell tacos with Diablo sauce and a bucket of Dr. Pepper.

In the past I have said that people should eat Taco Bell when they want to avoid Mexican food. This Taco Bell must have heard me bitching, because they upped their game. Today I laid a double-flusher that looked like two dead catfish laying in the bowl. I'm guessing stuff I ate in grade school came out with it. I could go shop for new jeans in a smaller belt size, that is, if I trusted my gut enough to go more than ten feet from the bathroom.

Muchas gracias y todo respeto, Taco Bell.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I ate three Taco Bell tacos with Diablo sauce and a bucket of Dr. Pepper.

In the past I have said that people should eat Taco Bell when they want to avoid Mexican food. This Taco Bell must have heard me bitching, because they upped their game. Today I laid a double-flusher that looked like two dead catfish laying in the bowl. I'm guessing stuff I ate in grade school came out with it. I could go shop for new jeans in a smaller belt size, that is, if I trusted my gut enough to go more than ten feet from the bathroom.

Muchas gracias y todo respeto, Taco Bell.

Did your son get hush puppies?

5 hours ago, deadshank said:

At deer lease (wife off somewhere between AZ & Utah)

Dry-aged ribeye (greeled), sauteed green beans with onion and bacon, boiled , mashed & baked white potatoes with green onions, Falfurrias butter, minced garlic, bacon, S&P and a topping of cheddar cheese.

and my 3rd share of a handle of Dewar's.

That's how you do it right there.  Had a great lasagna and caprese, but would have traded that for a steak at the lease in a heartbeat.